Hi guys I am working on a massive walking dragline. If you don't know what a dragline is, they are usually used for coal, oil, and tar mining above the surface. Mine will have a gearbox for switching functions which will use an L motor, an XL motor for lifting the main boom and for rotating the structure. It will have an L motor for the drag rope and for one of the feet, finally another L motor for the hoist rope and for the other foot. I have already completed the main boom.

I cannot upload any pictures of it yet because I am on vacation skiing without my LEGO, you will all need to wait until Sunday or Saturday. :(

If you don't know what a dragline is, well look it up!!

I'm back from my skiing vacation and here is the dragline so far (It is NOT finished) :

you can see it next to the 42030-Volvo L350F

the top and inside:

1.png3.png

the top back:

2.png

The Boom:

4.png

THE BOOM IS AS LONG THE THE 42030:

5.png

and of course... The underside!:

6.png

For the spinning of the whole assembly I am using a large turntable. The turntable is very small therefore it does not have much stability so I attached it to a 42007 motorcross wheel!!!

I believe that it will be just under minifig scale!!!

So I made a video of it showing its functions if anyone is interested ( probably not! ;)

Here it is:

So what do you guys think ?

Interested to see the final product :)

Thanks!

looks good designer han made one as well

Yes, I know and actually watch his video quite a few times.

Also his was a crawling dragline but mine is a Walking Dragline!

I see two flaws of your project: the video and cubic shape of the main part of the model. If you improve these aspects then you'll have chances for podium.

I see two flaws of your project: the video and cubic shape of the main part of the model. If you improve theseit wayyyyyyaspects then you'll have chances for podium.

Thanks for the support and advice. The video quality from this one does not rinstructionse final videos aw this one was filmed on my samsung galaxy S3. Yes I have realised is wayyy too cuby but this is what I call my sketch model. I will destroy it and rebuild it a few times to make it really good and i will make instructions.

This is a pretty cool project. Have you considered two wheels per leg for the walking mechanism? It would eliminate the bobbing motion (unless that's how these beasts move in real life).

Edited by BusterHaus

This is a pretty cool project. Have you considered twows per leg for the walking mechanism? It would eliminate the bobbing motion (unless that's how these beasts move in real life).

Wheels would really be nice but yes as you thought feet are how they move. I am working an a mechagnism eliminate the wobble. Any way thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry, I meant two pulleys attached between the machine and the leg instead of the single one you have now. They would keep the feet parallel to the ground and to the machine.

Here is the video of my masterpiece:

Hope you liked it, if you did please subscribe.

I love so much this type of heavy machinery! Well done such a piece of cake ;)

Wish you luck at the contest !!