Bonaparte

INDEX: Armies

Wow, thanks a lot, Matthias! In case the ID doesn't work, try searching for element number 2545. Cheap shakos... 'Jo, is' denn hoid scho' Woihnachd'n?!' Seems like an early Christmas this year pir_laugh2.gif

I recently made an order for Brick & Pieces for my Pirates and Space needs and now I read about this! Looks like I have to order yet again at P&B, I purchased 5 blue coat figure pieces, except for the shako's. Does anyone know If the modern shako that is listed as 'out of stock' on the P&B site gets eventually 'in stock' or is It forever out of stock?

I recently made an order for Brick & Pieces for my Pirates and Space needs and now I read about this! Looks like I have to order yet again at P&B, I purchased 5 blue coat figure pieces, except for the shako's. Does anyone know If the modern shako that is listed as 'out of stock' on the P&B site gets eventually 'in stock' or is It forever out of stock?

There where never in stock since the new pirates line. I think they will never come back. But I hope the opposide.

There where never in stock since the new pirates line. I think they will never come back. But I hope the opposide.

Alright, It's a pity but for now I have to go with the older ones.

Hi,

nice little march formation. You reached that is looks like the would really walk. I don´t know how you made that.

Are Tricornes such expensibe? I can give you the tip, that the old shakko of the 90s soldiers are still available at Lego.com. You can find it at Bricks and Pieces.

It is listed under this set id 85297and it is cheap and new! If you want epaulettes the white one cost only 10 cents or so at Lego.com.

Dude no way! Thank you so much! On Bricklink most people ask for at LEAST $1 per shako and white epaulettes run around 30 cents apiece which is why I completely disregarded the option until now :D

Edited by Sir Fancy Man of Cornwood

Thanks for the shako info. Just ordered 11 of them. I got three "greencoat" torsos as well, and two bluecoats. Also got another big bluecoat flag (I will have three with this one). And three cannons (why are they so expensive?) pirate_sing.gif Too bad there are no black tricorns :S

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

When I go on "bricks and pieces",i don't find any of the old shakos,just the new ones... Could you explain it in a better way please?? Thank you!

As I wrote a few posts ago: In case the ID doesn't work, try searching for element number 2545. Hope this helps.

Ohhh I tried it with the Set ID and I had to see, it don´t work any more. The Set must be deleted by lego from their index. But as Kolonialbeamter said the item ID still works.(2545)

Edited by Matthias

My mainly shako P&B order from 15th April just got sent out of Billund today. So, It took them 5 days to complete my order instead of 1 or 2 days like my first order. Perhaps the shako's could'nt be found or employees where breaking their head that such an old outdated piece still exists in their P&B warehouse. Maybe unlikely, but I find It humorous to think about such a scenario.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to both my orders. They will mainly expand my Oleon and Eslandola forces.

My mainly shako P&B order from 15th April just got sent out of Billund today. So, It took them 5 days to complete my order instead of 1 or 2 days like my first order. Perhaps the shako's could'nt be found or employees where breaking their head that such an old outdated piece still exists in their P&B warehouse. Maybe unlikely, but I find It humorous to think about such a scenario.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to both my orders. They will mainly expand my Oleon and Eslandola forces.

Hahaha I think you may be right they were digging around for them! It took about four or five days for them to process my batch of shakos and epaulets, though they should be arriving any day now. I'm practically bouncing up and down, I can't wait to see how they look on my men.

Bricks and Pieces will have me filing for bankruptcy soon: I'm cobbling together another order for white backpacks, a couple of bicornes, and holy crap they have cannon holders that are only 70 cents apiece?! (On Bricklink they're like $1.45 at the cheapest).

But yeah my shakos and epaulets arrived (And they even threw in an extra one pirate_laugh2.gif ) so I'll upload a picture of my now updated bluecoats when the lighting's a bit better.

Alright, picture time!

DWZA9rC.jpg

Here's everyone gathered up in the basic block you're all used to seeing, complete with officers. I'm really digging the plain shakos as opposed to the ones they come with in the sets (The red feather just throws me off, personally)

cHxVTxc.jpg

Couple of lollygaggers catching up to join the formation (I'll have enough white backpacks for the whole lot in about a week and a few days)

ANEJOne.jpg

Closeup of my yet-to-be-named Hero (Again, I use these guys for Brikwars chiefly) and one of the officers. You can tell he's the leader because he's the only one who could afford a proper sheath pir_laugh2.gif

wGO6izP.jpg

And finally my second officer with the regiment's supporting cannon in the background!

Edited by Sir Fancy Man of Cornwood

I really like the Non-printed Shako's with this year's Bluecoat's!

Do B&P have any tricornes? I'm trying to access it, but it doesn't work for me :(

I also like the use of the red epaulettes for the new bluecoats. The non printed hat looks very good on the heads of thoses bluecoats. pirate_satisfied.gif

Slurpifier, B&P does have tricornes - but only in brown (they appear in the Brick Bounty and the Soldier's Fort, and if I remember correctly they cost $0.30 US). I assume you want them in black for soldiers; if that's the case Bricklink is probably your best option but it may cost quite a bit more (I got several hundred for $0.50 each plus shipping). Why the officers aren't wearing them (which would make them available on B&P) is beyond me. Likewise I don't understand the shako issue - obviously TLG is aware they're a hot item so one would think they'd produce enough to meet demand. Oh well. Such is life. Hope you can find what you're looking for!

Hello everybody.

Has anyone amassed any new armies ? Or have increased their current army?

I have a LARGE (What I think is large) army but need house before I set them all up :(

I like your army there Sir Fancy Man of Cornwood, especially like the carts in the back ground with muskets in, and the chests n barrels.

I'm guessing they hold the gunpower and bullets? Or balls whichever lol. Have you any updated photos yet? I'd like to see.

Id also like to see yours James, I love redcoat armies. Might give me more ideas too. How many you have? Or should I ask how big is your army?

I like your army there Sir Fancy Man of Cornwood, especially like the carts in the back ground with muskets in, and the chests n barrels.

I'm guessing they hold the gunpower and bullets? Or balls whichever lol. Have you any updated photos yet? I'd like to see.

Id also like to see yours James, I love redcoat armies. Might give me more ideas too. How many you have? Or should I ask how big is your army?

I have lets see... 50? 60 at most.. I'll do the exact count and have it once I do the pics of them, which are coming soon. Not the biggest, but trust me, the numbers are growing. As for the bluecoats, I have about... 23 or 24 I think. I'll show those too. I'll try to get the pics out as soon as possible.

I have lets see... 50? 60 at most.. I'll do the exact count and have it once I do the pics of them, which are coming soon. Not the biggest, but trust me, the numbers are growing. As for the bluecoats, I have about... 23 or 24 I think. I'll show those too. I'll try to get the pics out as soon as possible.

An army is a army. Looking farward to seeing them for ideas :)

Has anyone tried these combinations before? I really like the guy with the revolutionary soldier torso. Looks like the French Imperial Guards in the Napoleonic wars.

20150625_192220_zpsn8h4jp2g.jpg