Bonaparte

INDEX: Armies

Hello together,

I love the you see all the castle armies here: http://www.eurobrick...topic=22604&hl=

and I would also love to see more pirate themed armies. Therefore I started this here and I would be pleased if you guys post here your armies.

It is no competition, post big or smal armies, costomized one and normal. Everthing you want. I hope we will see a lot of posts here.

I will start with my armies:

First my bluecoats, the others will follow.

Here are: 140 old soldiers, 20 new gards, 11 sailer, 4 cannon boot officers, 11 Officers, 1 Gard officer, 1 Broadside (2 others not on the pics), 1 Admiral (2 more not on the pic) and 1 Prince. All together -> 194 Bluecoats and 18 redundant cannons which not be part of a base or ship.

15450124694_fc4afaeff5_b.jpg

16071714432_e0f8e243ae_b.jpg

16071712012_9bd4df6731_b.jpg

16046620066_98da2d317d_b.jpg

Here my additional section. The new bluecoat army!

49 soldiers

and

1 officer

16222512078_f563dd4160_c.jpg

15790118563_fc5a44aab5_c.jpg

Here is a little Update to my Bluecoat army:

Here are: 140 old soldiers, 20 new gards, 11 sailer, 4 cannon boot officers, 11 Officers, 1 Gard officer, 1 Broadside (2 others not on the pics), 1 Admiral (2 more not on the pic) and 1 Prince and 5 secret police soldiers and 1 secret police officer and 62 New Bluecoats soldiers and 1 officer. All together: 262 Bluecoats !

16003057703_975760da0f_c.jpg

16003057023_a76b0dfeb8_c.jpg

A "little update"?

Your army is quite massive now. I see that you have experimented with the US cavalry torsos - good!

Meanwhile I am the happy owner of the first 10 new bluecoats! pirate_laugh2.gif

Here is a little Update to my Bluecoat army:

Here are: 140 old soldiers, 20 new gards, 11 sailer, 4 cannon boot officers, 11 Officers, 1 Gard officer, 1 Broadside (2 others not on the pics), 1 Admiral (2 more not on the pic) and 1 Prince and 5 secret police soldiers and 1 secret police officer and 62 New Bluecoats soldiers and 1 officer. All together: 262 Bluecoats !

That is quite an army. Have you ever done a diaporama showing them in a battle?

I particularly like the customization of your secret police officers.

You all have very nice armies :wub_drool:

Let me add the Dutch army:

netherlands1.jpg

I just saw this, and Captain, I think you might have turned the flag upside down. Like this, it looks like the flag of Yugoslavia.

I just saw this, and Captain, I think you might have turned the flag upside down. Like this, it looks like the flag of Yugoslavia.

OOOOPS. I did not see this mistake when I set them up for the photographs. pirate_look.gif

Thanks for pointing this out.

Sorry to all the guys here from the Netherlands.

For the sake of completeness here the rest of my "armies"

First around 180 pirates

15450137794_d1821bd2c2_c.jpg

19 Armada Soldiers

15886678177_7f912f49cd_c.jpg

and 32 Islander

15885000008_8efe27c738_c.jpg

Because of the arrival oft he new bluecoats I had to reorganisate the forces of the bluecoat colonial forces. As you can see the amry is seperated in 2 divisions. The 1th Division is called the „Reddivision“ and the 2th Division is called the „Golden-White-Division“. The single divisions subordinate only their Governeurs and the King (who is normally not in the colonies).

The „Reddivision“ is separated in the 1th Infantry Regiment and the 1th Naval Regiment.

16704735640_ee25f498f2_b.jpg

The 1. Infantry Regiment is separated in the „1th – 9the Infantrybattalion 1“ and „1th Artillerybattalion 1“. Every battalion include 15 soldiers, and 1 officer. The „1th Artillerybattalion 1“ has 7 cannons and 15 soldiers“

While the infantrybattalions has 15 soldiers the naval battalions has less staff. The 1th Naval Regiment is seperated in the „1th Fleet 1“ (3 Car. Clippers and 1 Flagship) and the „1th Cannonboat Battalion 1“ (4 Boats with heavy Cannons). The Regiment is in command of an admiral.

16866243046_7c48ca3656_b.jpg

The 2th Devision (Golden-White-Division) is in the buildup. It is seperated in the „2th Infantry Regiment“ , „3th Infantry Regiment“ the „ 2th Naval Regiment“.

The „2th Infantry Regiment“ has 7 battalions a 15 soldiers. At the moment 2 battalions has 1 officer. The „2th Infantry Regiment“ dispose in addition about 3 soldiers reserve.

In addition there is the „3th Infantry Regiment“ with only 1 battalion „1th Special Forces Battalion 3“. This battalion hast he crossed sabers as it´s emblems.

16704506958_6c3d5f769a_b.jpg

The „2th Naval Regiment“ has only the „ 1th Cannonboat Battalion 2“ activated. The battalion has 2 boats with light caliber cannons. The regiment is in command of an admiral. Nevertheless there is the "Secret Police", it not really part of the army but it is under command of the governors and the King. But honestly they are a bit the state within a state, they are carriing the dark-blue flag.

16890935442_0db04017a3_b.jpg

All together the colonial forces has 320 soldiers at this time. If anybody read this completly, tell me xD. You can find every mentioned battalion on the pics (new bluecoats cannonboat soldiers not on the pic).

I don´t like (hate) the king of the chess set (google Kaiser Wilhelm II), but when TLG made one I must accept that ( my own rule)^^ Therefore he must hold his hat in his hand and got new hear.

16704501428_a463a019c7_b.jpg

Edited by Matthias

Wow. That puts my collection of bluecoats to shame.

I like how organized your bluecoat army is.

And I didn't read it all, but I did skim it. ;-)

I read it all! It's amazing how many bluecoats you have, I only have 4 old ones and 7 new ones.

Thanks for reading completely. Yes I am collecting them. I hope the army will become bigger soon. I would love to break the 400 soon.

Nice little troup oft greencoats you made. I likre the use of the new pirate torso and the contrast to the tan hat. And the best performence is that you really find a not stupid looking task for the golden epaulettes.

The rest of my opinion you will find in my Signature pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by Matthias

And the best performence is that you really find a not stupid looking task for the golden epaulettes.

You think they're stupid? I think they're pretty nice - though only for high-ranking officers and captains.

These green soldiers, I can't help but think they'd look better with white epaulettes. But nice useage of this new torso. pirate_satisfied.gif

You think they're stupid? I think they're pretty nice - though only for high-ranking officers and captains.

These green soldiers, I can't help but think they'd look better with white epaulettes. But nice useage of this new torso. pirate_satisfied.gif

They do not look good on a pirate Captain, I like the brown one much more. It siuts simply more to pirates. I don t like them on the officers of the bluecoats as well. I think the yellow ones look better. I can accept them at the uniform of an Admiral or Governor. But I would not cry if they disappear.

These green soldiers, I can't help but think they'd look better with white epaulettes.

I might give it a try with white epaulettes. Maybe the brown ones too for "simple" soldiers.

A batch of 20 new Bluecoats arrived just earlier today for me, I was lucky to nab them off Bricklink before all the Bluecoat pawns got bought up across the website. All that's left are tricornes and possibly messenger bags for ammunition satchels (Though considering they roll in around $1 apiece, I'm leaning more towards purchasing those beautiful flintlock muskets from Brickarms). I'll also arm them with Brickforge bayonets when they restock their gray type (I can't stand the Brickarms type)

gmQWZKF.jpg

I'm also playing with the idea of creating curiassers to support them, though I'm trying to theme them as marines as opposed to line infantry (However my brothers and I engage in Brikwars whenever we have mutual spare time, and one of them has a formidable little regiment of halberd-wielding Spaniards and I could use some shock cavalry).

But first I need to get more crew and finish building my other two cannons!

1tPja3i.jpg

Hi,

nice little march formation. You reached that is looks like the would really walk. I don´t know how you made that.

Are Tricornes such expensibe? I can give you the tip, that the old shakko of the 90s soldiers are still available at Lego.com. You can find it at Bricks and Pieces.

It is listed under this set id 85297and it is cheap and new! If you want epaulettes the white one cost only 10 cents or so at Lego.com.

Edited by Matthias

The old shakko of the 90s soldiers are still available at Lego.com. You can find it at Bricks and Pieces.

It is listed under this set id 85297and it is cheap and new! If you want epaulettes the with one cost only 10 cents or so at Lego.com.

Wow, thanks a lot, Matthias! In case the ID doesn't work, try searching for element number 2545. Cheap shakos... 'Jo, is' denn hoid scho' Woihnachd'n?!' Seems like an early Christmas this year pir_laugh2.gif