Bonaparte

INDEX: Armies

Captain,

your prussian and dutch armies are brilliant. But I am afraid the dutch General will lead his army into a canyon. Or don´t shoot on the enemy but on a couple of cows^^pir_laugh2.gif

Here is my Pirate Army (WIP), the picture is not so great but I think it gets the idea across. (I think I should get a tripod or something to help stabilize my camera. Also I should use my camera but I forgot where I put that...)pirate_crew_v001.jpg

Scrum, Barbossa, and Blackbeard are just the minifigs from PotC the rest are are assembled from what I could find/get. I really like the PotC minifig torso/legs, and wanted to put in some more obvious diversity, so that is why they are a fleshy pirate crew.

Thanks for posting your pirates. I got a lot of ideas by watching it. I don´t collect PotC so I don´t know a lot about the parts, but I see that there is a lot of great stuff, especally some hats. You have a knack for assemling your evil crew pirate_classic.gif

Edited by Matthias

But I am afraid the dutch General will lead his army into a canyon.

Probably. I just found him very funny. pir_laugh2.gif

The other soldiers are more serious.

I got one more: The "redcoat support troops":

redcoatsupport1.jpg

redcoatsupport2.jpg

redcoatsupport3.jpg

The Highlanders were among my favourite Airfix soldiers, so I had to do some.

IMG_1459_zps5d097e75.jpg

I do have the mondern soldier with the golden cup as a keychain but nibbled and with broken "key-part". So he looks like yours in badest possible condition. I always wanted to know what he is standing for and in which set he was. Can you tell me?

Mine used to be a keychain as well pirate_classic.gif I am not sure what happened with the chain. It must have been a poor condition for some reason, cause i woudln't cut it for purpose. But i did like to play with him pretty often. Worse that some parts of it aren't movable, it's all glued inside or something.

Can't tell much about the figure. I remember only that it was a gift, probably without any packaging. My cousin went to visit Legoland in Bilund in early 90s and he brought this one for me. Well, this my theory, it could have been just an ordinary gift, used of found by someone else and then given to me. There were many ways to get toys back in childhood and no one cried pirate_wink.gif But... as said... i'm pretty sure that it was rather new and he brought it for me from Legoland. pirate_classic.gif

Oh, and design itself. I think it was based on a soldier or a portier in this kind of uniforms, not sure but i remember that they used to have those big lego statues resembling him. Or maybe they were just ordinary royal guards with bearskins and he's just a poor version of them.

Can't tell. I'm trying to find that soldier by google but can't find anything like him.

Edited by Mazin

I was as a little child in Billund, too. Maybe I got him there!?! I was maybe 4 years old, I have only little memory about that.

redcoatsupport3.jpg

The Highlanders were among my favourite Airfix soldiers, so I had to do some.

Yes your Highlander are very nice. Maybe you can add some brunswiker for your english empire army pirate_satisfied.gif

I like your "Education Pack redcoat" It was the first fig of the second generation. Love to see him here.

3977b.jpg?0

Here he is: He is named:Gear 3977b Legoland Ambassador Key Chain - old type with stripes on back

He is from 1984, I was 2 years old :) He worth more than 40 € used on Bricklinkpir_wacko.gif and I could not hold my teeth back from this fig.pirate_oh.gif

Edited by Matthias

Seems that there are many versions, mine had his chain attached differently, the one that You've mentioned with a chain in his head is rather creepy pirate_classic.gif

Plus some of them have a TLG logo on their backs, mine doesn't, he's wearing a sash on both sides.

But it's good to see that I was right about the guy itself pir_laugh2.gif Soldier or ambassador, still it seems they've used this guy a lot. I really like that tshirt pirate_satisfied.gif

Here he is: He is named:Gear 3977b Legoland Ambassador Key Chain - old type with stripes on back

He is from 1984, I was 2 years old :) He worth more than 40 € used on Bricklinkpir_wacko.gif and I could not hold my teeth back from this fig.pirate_oh.gif

The Legoland Ambassador Key Chain - never heard of... Looks good.

Do his stripes represent all of the colours that TLG was using at that time?

(we did not have brown or grey, etc. in the early days)

The Legoland Ambassador Key Chain - never heard of... Looks good.

Do his stripes represent all of the colours that TLG was using at that time?

(we did not have brown or grey, etc. in the early days)

Never thought about it. But i higly doubt, i guess it's only a pattern without and symbolic meaning. But of course, i might be wrong pirate_wink.gif

Here is my pitted friend pirate_classic.gif

16037957129_e7532f0e48_c.jpg

Pitted but he's still obviously standing and fighting pirate_wink.gif One brave redcoat pir_laugh2.gif

Never thought about it. But i higly doubt, i guess it's only a pattern without and symbolic meaning. But of course, i might be wrong pirate_wink.gif

Maybe we should ask one of our Danish members (although I haven't met one) if they know more!

I only have 2 redcoats (1 soldier from the old pirate lines, 1 officer from the 2009 pirate line) and 1 Continental army figure, Commander in Cheif George Washington.

Is it only one revolutionary soldier or did you make a new figure of your own. If you did one, I would be pleased to see a picture.

My Army:

17 Blue coats

1 Blue coat Govenor

13 Red coats

1 Red coat 2009er

1 Red coat Govenor

1 Admiral

(2 more red coats 2009er on their way in the post, and 4 original shako hats ) pirate_laugh2.gif running short on guns though so need a few of them.

On the opposing team:

28 Pirates

with 3 Captain Redbeards, may even turn them into a rifle regiment and the 7 bue torsoe pirates may become a crew for my imperial ships

imperialsoldiers.jpg

Edited by super_st

My Army:

17 Blue coats

1 Blue coat Govenor

13 Red coats

1 Red coat 2009er

1 Red coat Govenor

1 Admiral

(2 more red coats 2009er on their way in the post, and 4 original shako hats ) pirate_laugh2.gif running short on guns though so need a few of them.

On the opposing team:

28 Pirates

with 3 Captain Redbeards, may even turn them into a rifle regiment and the 7 bue torsoe pirates may become a crew for my imperial ships

Should be enough for some good battles!

pirate_laugh2.gif

No army assembled. but here is my fleet collection in their boxes.. will take some time to build them all !

20150117_192448_zpscc97a157.jpg

No army assembled. but here is my fleet collection in their boxes.. will take some time to build them all !

Wow so wish they were mine,

Marry me :wub:

pir_laugh2.gifpirate_wink.gif

How long did it take You to collect all of them? Any came with childhood or are these all new pick-ups?

And You even have that Duplo stuff!

Man, You're one crazy collector pirate_wink.gif

And looking at these picture it realy shows that old packaging is a lot better.

The old ones are the real treasures!

I don't have that many of the old ships - envy!! pir_laugh2.gif

well to answer all of you, I took 25 years to collect them all since 1990. Just recieved my Metal Beard Sea Cow 70810 last week. I started with 6274 Carribean Clipper in 1990, then every ship since then i bought from the shops. recently i bricklinked the 6285 with box (i crushed the box of my old set when i was younger). i bricklinked for 6250 as it was not released in Asia. I am also waiting for 10021 USS Constellation to arrive, from a Bricklink seller. All in anticipation of the 2015 sets!