Bonaparte

INDEX: Armies

So who are these guys in dark blue uniforms? Did You make them out of minifigure patriots? Or was it a different chest?

Yes the darblue body is from the revolutionary soldier of the Minifig series 10.

I can present the Prussian Army (1805).

Much to my surprise I found out that at some point in time the Prussian colours obviously weren't blue but green (which I thought was "reserved for the Russian army at that time).

Anyway, here's my army:

unsere_preussische_armee7.jpg

unsere_preussische_armee8.jpg

unsere_preussische_armee9.jpg

unsere_preussische_armee3.jpg

unsere_preussische_armee13.jpg

(The cavalry is "fantasy")

I woudln't be so sure... they do look like Hussars or Croats a bit. Prussia used to have this kind of troops. Also polish-lithuanian tatars at one point in time.

Very cool costum army.I like the "laffette". Can t finden the english Word. Wehre can I get Thema (riffleknifes)

I like the "laffette". Can t finden the english Word.

That would be "gun carriage" pirate_satisfied.gif

Actually i like they he did this barrel with tires much more pirate_wink.gif

I love this gun carriage, they reminds me to my army times. Where we made simulated attacks against Tanks with that gun carriages. That was stupid but funny.

Hello Matthias,

I think I bought the bayonets at BrickForge.

At least that's where the muskets are from...

(You can find different versions of bayonets at BrickWarriors)

Ok. So I gues i should show my army too pirate_classic.gif

Not that one could call it an "army". Well, but their numbers are still growing. Let's just call them "special forces", very very elite troops among the whole forces... that of course can not be shown on any pictures because they just wouldn't fit in pirate_laugh_new.gif

Anyway, here it goes:

Starting with my bluecoats. Here's their lineup:

IMG_1394_zpsaac436e6.jpg

As You can see there're my regular soldiers on the very left wearing proper high quality uniforms, tricornss and regular rifles. They use red epaulettes.

Gentelmen next to them in yellow epaulettes and in bicornes are members of a local garrison. They guard the cities and fortresses and rarely go into action in the field as it's line infantry's job pirate_wink.gif

Two formations in bandanas are irregulars ( striped shirts ) and border troops ( all in blue ).

Behind them are supply forces - wagon drivers, animal handlers. They're presented here with their friendly mascot.

And... where's his army there's a king himself! You can recognize him by his ceremonial golden sword. He's here on a unofficial inspection and so is not wearing an uniforms anymore as he's ready to retire and give the throne to his reightfull hair, here with a silver sword and in royal musketeer's outfit.

Also, on the pictute are two members of his devoted indian bodyguards, as these fearsome warriors are recruited in uncovered forrests and serve their monarch with their heart and soul.

Now let's go for some close-ups:

IMG_1410_zps735014e7.jpg

"Infantry" - regulars with their commander. Irrigeulars are right behind them. And elite border troops at the end.

IMG_1422_zpsf0a08dca.jpg

Kind and his son meeting with supply troopers and their sweet little puppy. Loyal native guards are always close of course!

IMG_1416_zps18efaad9.jpg

And here're the heroes, sporting their traditional mohawk haircuts... and holding their deadly tomahawks at all times.

IMG_1425_zps12a017e1.jpg

And garrison members of course, visitors salute them honouring their great work.

Ok. So that's it for today.

I'll show my redcoats as soon as I'll mobilize them for a group picture pirate_wink.gif

You had a brillant idea by using indians or Islanders as irregular troups. I think about your idea, now. May I will stell it.

Here is my redcoat army:

You can see:

76 90er Soldiers

62 2009er Soldiers

5 Gards

4 2009er Officers

8 90er Officers

1 General from the PotC

1 Woodhouse

1 2009er Governor

1 Imperial Flagship Admiral

+

2 Broadsides and 3 2009er Governors (which are not on the pic)

+ 8 Cannons from 6239 and 6 Extra Bricklinked cannons which not be part of a base ore a ship.

Total 160 Redcoats

15450155794_d30017b7e5_b.jpg

16046658176_4cc0b37d9e_b.jpg

Edited by Matthias

You had a brillant idea by using indians or Islanders as irregular troups. I think about your idea, now. May I will stell it.

Thank You, that's nothing new for me actually. I've been forming irregular battalions since I can only remember pirate_wink.gif Those "all in blue" troopers are like my first invention ever pir_laugh2.gifpirate_wink.gif

So now it's time for my redcoats.

Here's the lineup pirate_classic.gif

IMG_1429_zpsd01dc7b9.jpg

It seems to be much bigger that the previous one, well, obviously they outnumber my bluecoats with their artilery and wagons and cavalery units, still, they consist only of irregular or rather primitive troops.

But let take a closer look and make sure about that pirate_classic.gif

IMG_1459_zps5d097e75.jpg

We'll start the presenation with Marschall von Lobster ( he's holding a ceremonial spear ) who is presenting newly formed militia unit to his excellency Great Cansellor Brickwald de Brickenville.

IMG_1433_zps2fb22e2f.jpg

They're assisted by my only two regular redcoats - officers in charge of the militia unit, responsible for recruitment, drill, command and of course pillaging poor civilians.

IMG_1448_zpse4fa9240.jpg

Still they are far less ferocious and barbaric than those gentelmen above. Native redpants troops might be poorly equiped by they do know how to fight, and they spend most of their time sharpening their knifes, swords and axes.

There's also a large horse unit behind them. Some chariots and even a prison wagon. Apparently that's just how sure of winning the battle they are.

Still, it's rather a surprise that they're actually using those prison wagons as red natives are well known of slaughtering the prisoners...

IMG_1451_zpsc7b6d595.jpg

And no wonder, since these terrible faces lead them to fight. Gentelmen in front are top beskers of the entire red army as they are interested only in terror and spilling someone's blood.

IMG_1443_zps3a1cde0a.jpg

And last but not least are most proud forces among the red army - artillery. These gunners know their job pretty well and just looove to put some iron on enemy's heads pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by Mazin

@Mazin: I like the choice of faces for your redcoats. Well done!

Thank You! I did give it thought pirate_classic.gif

Wanted to achieve these somewhat weird and authentic looks. Well, i'm a bit of an artist about everything, and I have to be since I having very little armies and very little building skills I need to use different ways of expressions pirate_blush.gif

@Matthias: You have more redcoats than bluecoats? Which side are you on? pir_laugh2.gif

@Mazin: I like the choice of faces for your redcoats. Well done!

No, I have more bluecoats than redcoats.

No, I have more bluecoats than redcoats.

Right, you said you have around 194 bluecoats.

My green Prussians can come to support, if need be. pirate_laugh2.gif

(but they are only approx. 22)

Right, you said you have around 194 bluecoats.

My green Prussians can come to support, if need be. pirate_laugh2.gif

(but they are only approx. 22)

That would help, because the the evil redcoats working unfair and be a cruel stack of cuttroughts.

In comparison to my armies yours is much more individuell. That hits my masses.

White uniforms then i guess? pirate_classic.gif Maybe brown for artillery and hussars? pir_laugh2.gif

Drumroll: Here comes my Austrian army:

austria2.jpg

...small but brave!

austria4.jpg

(Archduke on the left)

austria5.jpg

(I have tried different colours for the trousers, e.g. white and red, which is probably historically more correct - in the end I thought they looked best in blue)

I salute every Soldier of the Lego-Napoleonic-Era!

I think Red- and Bluecoats will ever work as French- and Englishmen. Even without any further customizing.

The more I appreciate those Prussians, Austrians, Russians, Spaniards, Swedes etc. Awesome work Captain Braunsfeld! They all look amazing.

Somewhere here in the forum there was a thread about LDD customized troops. Those were epic.

For my british soldiers I created some papercoats (maybe they still are a bit too long). I changed the legs to light grey and left off the epaulettes.

britishsoldier3.jpg_thumb.jpgbritishsoldier1.jpg_thumb.jpg

And for my few french infantries I came uo with this new helmet design (Wheels from the old Lego racing cars), because I had no shakos left. They will get papercoats as well (using the prototypes for my british navy officers) and maybe I will change the epaulettes to yellow or brown ones (only have one red epaulette).

frenchsoldiers.jpg_thumb.jpg

Anyways keep it up and go for the baltic uniforms!

Wellesley

Thanks, Wellesley.

For my british soldiers I created some papercoats (maybe they still are a bit too long). I changed the legs to light grey and left off the epaulettes.

I am not 100% sure about the papercoats but the light grey trousers are definitely ok.

The "blue" helmet design is something I had tried with a different type of wheel (to make it look more like those French shakos). However, I was disappointed at the end as they never really looked like helmets.

Yours seem to work out a bit better.

So, here comes the next bunch:

Prussia (Version 2) - it seems that at some time early in the 19th century, almost everyone had blueish coats:

prussia21.jpg

prussia23.jpg

prussia24.jpg

Take care!

Here is my Pirate Army (WIP), the picture is not so great but I think it gets the idea across. (I think I should get a tripod or something to help stabilize my camera. Also I should use my camera but I forgot where I put that...)pirate_crew_v001.jpg

Scrum, Barbossa, and Blackbeard are just the minifigs from PotC the rest are are assembled from what I could find/get. I really like the PotC minifig torso/legs, and wanted to put in some more obvious diversity, so that is why they are a fleshy pirate crew.

Edited by Zeev