garethjellis

My LNER Class A4 4468 Mallard

I guess with all the bricks with studs in the body, the plan to put the motors in there is of the table?

I guess with all the bricks with studs in the body, the plan to put the motors in there is of the table?

I've actually designed the tender so that the power functions system from the 'high speed passenger train' set will fit inside. It doesn't do anything to the shape, but because of the way the wheels are spaced it means that the tender has 6 wheels instead of 8.

Finished the LDraw model. I WISH I had the parts and money to build it, but it looks like it'll have to wait. Might pop it on Lego Ideas and see what people make of it.

25257291374_bd99fe0865_c.jpg

25864108496_fff24238e8_c.jpg

25589440540_d21cf7a6f3_c.jpg

That's a great rendering. Are they large or extra large wheels?

They're the official lego Emerald Night Wheels (except dark red). Tried to work with whatever lego provoded!

Finished the LDraw model. I WISH I had the parts and money to build it, but it looks like it'll have to wait. Might pop it on Lego Ideas and see what people make of it.

25589440540_d21cf7a6f3_c.jpg

Very nice project!

This is not my kind of locomotive but is one of the best examples I've ever seen :thumbup:

Neat design

Will you make the files public, would love to have a go at making this

I'd second that. Although I know I would torture myself trying to motorise the main locomotive.

What variant of blue colour is that? Bet I have next to zero bricks of whatever shade it is.

Sorry! Only meant to share my variant, didn't mean to take over the thread :blush: I should've said before I started posting that your mallard was one of the main inspirations for mine, proving that it's possible to to an A4 with 'covered up' wheels, and is still the best looking Mallard build in my opinion.

Possibly, though i'd love to make it myself before making the model public! If it looks like i'll never make it I'll do it :)

Sorry! Only meant to share my variant, didn't mean to take over the thread :blush:

No Biggie, I love what you have to to create a 6 wide version! a very challenging task to get it to look right and you have done an excellent job at that!

I second the echo for either versions to brick build. Im happy to pay but couldn't find this mallard in gareth BL store.

Awaiting in amazement :)

Yogi

I mean instructions for either of these great designs !