After a hectic summer and fall I have finally found time to build again. I decided to start building a GBC loop, and this is the first module that I came up with. I was slightly inspired by akiyuky's

, but the concept is different. I also created building instructions for this module, the only wrong part in LDD is that liftarms holding up the hoppers aren't in place. LDD was being difficult and wouldn't allow me to place the liftarms correctly (even though they fit perfectly on the real module). Anyway, without further ado, here is the video:

After Christmas and the New Year I plan on creating more modules, so stay tuned!

Edited by nxtstep101

Hi nextstep

Very nice thank you for this and the lxf file, my four year old Grandson is mad on marble machines so I must start building some GBC modules.

Lovely mechanism, nice implementation, and great video. You may have some difficulty getting a previous module to split the balls into two streams that the input to this one needs. For one idea you can see what I've done to solve that exact problem here.

Edited by Captainowie

Hi , this is rally cool , what you could do is build the cookie monster face , around it and the lift arms would be his hands shoveling balls into his mouth :)

@Paul P: Your welcome. I hope your grandson enjoys it. :sweet:

@Captainowie: Thanks for the suggestion. I originally did have a mechanism that split the balls into both the hoppers, but I removed it because it didn't really fit in well with the rest of the module. Also, I was thinking about my loop having two different runs, and this module would be were both of them met.

@darksheep: Nice idea. :grin: Sadly, I don't really have enough of the right color parts, and the parts I do have I am conserving for future modules.

This module is great. I have always been infatuated with GBCs, so I want to start building them; this module will be a great module to start with. Do you know of any other modules that include building instructions? Or even a list of modules that wouldn't be hard to replicate?

This module is great. I have always been infatuated with GBCs, so I want to start building them; this module will be a great module to start with. Do you know of any other modules that include building instructions? Or even a list of modules that wouldn't be hard to replicate?

Thanks! Phillip has a nice index of GBC modules created by a variety of builders; he also has another index of modules that include building instructions. Hope that helps.

Have you thought about submitting your instructions to rebrickable? Might give you more exposure, particularly if you plan to sell your instructions in future. Plus rebrickable shows potential builders whether they have sufficient parts to make a MOC.

Have you thought about submitting your instructions to rebrickable? Might give you more exposure, particularly if you plan to sell your instructions in future. Plus rebrickable shows potential builders whether they have sufficient parts to make a MOC.

I actually haven't thought of doing that yet, but it is a good idea, so I probably will start putting my instructions on there (even though I don't plan to sell them). Thanks for the suggestion.