Majkel

MOC: Decayed Industrial Area

Decayed industrial area MOC, displayed in 2014 at LFW Skaerbaeck, Swebrick regional exhibition in Norrkoping and Swebricks annual national exhibition which this year was held in Uppsala.

Feedback, criticism and cheers are most welcome ;)

15432901524_686a3585c9_o.jpgIMG_2707 by _Majkel_, on Flickr

15869423627_09777420dd_o.jpgIMG_2716 by _Majkel_, on Flickr

16053232961_f84755e1c1_o.jpgIMG_2715 by _Majkel_, on Flickr

16029399736_b0aee015bd_o.jpgIMG_2712 by _Majkel_, on Flickr

15867726708_e98c749cd9_o.jpgIMG_2710 by _Majkel_, on Flickr

16029398036_c2ddf37a40_o.jpgIMG_2709 by _Majkel_, on Flickr

Yep, the recession has hit hard there.......AWESOME work creating such a realistic place, sadlt all so common these days. :sadnew:

Brick On 'Majkel' ! :grin:

Great! The only thing I could suggest - is to add more garbage to the street. Old newspapers for instance.

Edited by happer

It looks really great :)

For the buildings, in this case the non matching colors of bricls is nice.

Is there a mix of dark red, brown and dark orange? Or just one or two of the colors but with a lot of color "problems"?

Speechless !!!

Love the overall look.....especially the trees and foliage and the whole over growth idea !!!

There is just so much going on in your moc it's brilliant.

Thanks for your kind words!

It looks really great :)

For the buildings, in this case the non matching colors of bricls is nice.

Is there a mix of dark red, brown and dark orange? Or just one or two of the colors but with a lot of color "problems"?

Its a mix of brown and redish brown :)

I'm sure our friend Eurotrash would love this :wink:

:laugh:

Majkel

The display is fantastic. I love the mix of colors you've used and the feeling of decay and neglect you've achieved. I know how difficult it can be to get the right balance and you certainly nailed it. Some of the outstanding details I really like are the vegetation-covered abandoned Forklift, the boat floating in that fetid-looking water, the broken roof joists in that second image. Also those trees look fantastic and the images are well composed with someone with a good eye for the detail.

Welcome to the darkside Majkel, but be warned there's no turning back now!

I am a fan.

Although the alleyways and containers seem a bit too clean for me to be 100% sold on the idea of decaying.

That water though...

Wow... I really like it, the mixing of colors of the building (third pic), the fallen in roof, the forklift, boat, on and on and on :)

Chaos and decay in lego are anyway wonderful unlike real life.

This Moc fascinating me with so many details.

The forklift without tires and infested by the vegetation looks amazing!

The trees so big and lush are my favorites!

This has so much awesomeness built into it. I scrolled through and could not believe the detail and realism that were built into this. You have some seriously awesome talent my friend. I would love to have something similar to this of my own but I lack the proper brains to design such a wonder. Keep up the awesome work!

I'm embarrassed to say that I saw this in Skærbæk but really didn't appreciate it for what a great build it is. Now that I see your pictures - which are very good and just dark enough to set the perfect mood for this kind of MOC - I feel bad for not looking more thoroughly at it! I very much like what you've done here and the attention to detail is great. I especially like the partially collapsed building and those two hobos just visible in one of the pictures. Very nice, and well done :)