Jim

[TC6] Technic SBrick Contest - Information Topic

Might be pushing the rules a bit, but would using the led lights on a switch powered by a motor count as a function?

Yes I think, From what i've understood, "function" means an utilized output of a receiver (hope i've explained my thought well) so in the switch is powered by a motor connected To a receiver it is a function, for example you can connect two switch To two rc motors, but powered by one output with a m motor it is only one function...

Might be pushing the rules a bit, but would using the led lights on a switch powered by a motor count as a function?

I doubt it as led's aren't consider a function, maybe if the motor powered some sort of blinking mechanism, it may count.

I doubt it as led's aren't consider a function, maybe if the motor powered some sort of blinking mechanism, it may count.

It's not the led lighting that counts as function but the operating a switch via motor.

I'm not sure what you want to accomplish. Please elaborate.

I'm not sure what you want to accomplish. Please elaborate.

The way I read it, is he wants to have a continously running motor that works to toggle PF switch/switches connected to PF LEDs on/off to create a blinking light efect (warning lights?). IMO this is in effect no different than a continously running compressor (or a self regulating one), if it is connected directly to the battery box. It becomes sort of a passive motorized function, bypassing the SBrick/IR receivers, and once the power is on, it runs by itself.

The way I read it, is he wants to have a continously running motor that works to toggle PF switch/switches connected to PF LEDs on/off to create a blinking light efect (warning lights?). IMO this is in effect no different than a continously running compressor (or a self regulating one), if it is connected directly to the battery box. It becomes sort of a passive motorized function, bypassing the SBrick/IR receivers, and once the power is on, it runs by itself.

I dont't think that was the meaning.....I think he wants to use a motor to switch on/off the LEDs...... whenever he wants...so it's not continuosly/blinking.....simply it's a "function"....and the functions is to turn on or turn off the lights! In my opinion this meets the rules...but Jim has to decide!

IMHO a RC motor that operates a switch is a function exactly as one that operates a gearbox or a pneumatic valve.

Even if it is used to automate a switch that turns on/off some lights it isn't trivial as attaching the lights to the SBrick and the behaviour is not the same.

I was thinking of hooking the led lights to a switch, that would be connected directly to the battery box. I could then use a motor connected to the IR receiver to operate the switch, thus enabling the turning on or off the lights. Hopefully this makes more sense!

I was thinking of hooking the led lights to a switch, that would be connected directly to the battery box. I could then use a motor connected to the IR receiver to operate the switch, thus enabling the turning on or off the lights. Hopefully this makes more sense!

on if You use The controlling motor It counts as a function

Edited by PKW

Jim, I have a entry that is ready, Could you rename the topic to IS-2 Heavy tank, and open up the entry topic please.

Done and done!

Good luck :thumbup:

Amazing how many top-notch entries this contest has generated. For sure it'll be difficult to pick an 'absolute' winner. Wishful Thinking: The organizers should make it a rule that all entries must have building instructions included :sweet:.

Amazing how many top-notch entries this contest has generated. For sure it'll be difficult to pick an 'absolute' winner. Wishful Thinking: The organizers should make it a rule that all entries must have building instructions included :sweet:.

Mine will have LDD file. Can I count on you?

A rule is eccessive, But some bonus points could be great :3

also i don't know how voting works

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Unless you mean a simple photo collection of building an entry, I'd say keep on wishful thinking :laugh:

If you didn't mean that and would like a detailed pdf of instructions, then let's consider the amount of time regular and experienced instruction creators spend on making them, like Jurgen, Sheepo and others. And then you expect everybody who would like to enter a contest to make instructions? People who have never even used the software before? If you want a handful of people to enter each contest, then that would be the way to go. And considering the sheer size of some of the entries you might as well double up the contest timeframe too, since experienced instruction creators all say half of the time of a model is spend on making instructions.

A rule is eccessive, But some bonus points could be great :3

also i don't know how voting works

Not even bonus points imo, this is a Lego building contest. Would be an unfair advantage to anybody who can easily work with the software and has the time to do it. If people do want to see this, I'd say: make it a new contest on itself: Build something and provide instructions, where we'd also judge instructions for each entry.

Wishful Thinking: The organizers should make it a rule that all entries must have building instructions included :sweet:.
Well, in the LEGO's spirit - get rid of BI and use your imagination. :wink:

It is legal To reserve the piace for our mocs like pint14?

marvango IMO i think that just to be into the rules you have to use 2 ie receivers not 3 also if there are only 4 function, you could put them on the same channel and use all the red outputs for one function and all the blue one for the other so you have only 2 remote, but mind that Sbrick has only 4 outputs

It is legal To reserve the piace for our mocs like pint14?

marvango IMO i think that just to be into the rules you have to use 2 ie receivers not 3 also if there are only 4 function, you could put them on the same channel and use all the red outputs for one function and all the blue one for the other so you have only 2 remote, but mind that Sbrick has only 4 outputs

if I can put 3 motors on one output ? I can change that ! and use 2 recievers

Edited by marvango

Just checking, but are conversations allowed in the entry topic??

No. WIp topics are for talks.