Jim

[TC6] Technic SBrick Contest - Information Topic

Just to be 101% sure, more than one motor for any function is not allowed? For example 2 xl motors for driving.

You can use two motors for the same function (driving).

oh yeah this is the kind of contests i love :D

I'm totally in :)

:sweet::thumbup:

It's almost an "unlimited build" contest....almost.

:sweet::thumbup:

It's almost an "unlimited build" contest....almost.

No, no, no...dont take away big fat contest this way!!! :)

No, no, no...dont take away big fat contest this way!!! :)

Hehe, I was just thinking about who wanted the "big fat" contest. It was you....of course :laugh:

We will still do an unlimited build contest some day.

i wanted to build something like my previous pajero....this seems the right chance to do it :P

Cool contest!

One question: why do you provide an advantage like a constantly running compressor for pneumatic models? In the same time constantly powered fake engines aren't allowed. If somebody need a compressor - it can be coupled with autovalve, or all constantly powered motors should be allowed... Just my opinion :)

If i use 2 outputs for drive (1xl per 1 port) does it count like 2 functions?

Because i want to deliver more power to motors.

If i use 2 outputs for drive (1xl per 1 port) does it count like 2 functions?

Because i want to deliver more power to motors.

Utilizing 4 output ports is the most important criteria. If you use 2 for propulsion, that's okay. If possible you could multiplex 2 motors on a single output, but I am not entirely sure whether that's possible.

If my MOC uses three PF receivers, to drive six motorised functions is that ok, or does it have to be the maximum of four functions? - I really could do with two S-bricks

So 4 L-motors all connected to one BB and one S-brick output is not a good idea i guess?

This is brilliant, I've seen so many great entries worthy of the prize. I might optimize my current moc for this competition.

Just make sure that others haven't see it!

Just reviewed rules to check whether thing, I'm going to build, match them, and got two questions:

1. In rules we have:

>>The model needs 2 PF IR Receivers which can be replaced by one or two SBricks.

Does this mean, that PF IR Recievers should be placed in such position, that they could be replaced by 1 SBrick, or it's just about utilizing no more, no less, than 4 outputs of receivers

2. And some more about number of functions: if I'm using two motors on one IR output, but these motors are not connected mechanically (via gears, axes, etc - like in situation, when we have two motors for two wheels, each driving separately) - does this count as 1 function or more?

So my walking dragline is going great and it's massive but to let it hold anything from the boom I need to add counter weight. I made a clip on box out of lego for extra weigh but it uses some non-lego metal balls had had from a magnets set. Is this allowed?

Please say yes!!!

Just reviewed rules to check whether thing, I'm going to build, match them, and got two questions:

1. In rules we have:

>>The model needs 2 PF IR Receivers which can be replaced by one or two SBricks.

Does this mean, that PF IR Recievers should be placed in such position, that they could be replaced by 1 SBrick, or it's just about utilizing no more, no less, than 4 outputs of receivers

2. And some more about number of functions: if I'm using two motors on one IR output, but these motors are not connected mechanically (via gears, axes, etc - like in situation, when we have two motors for two wheels, each driving separately) - does this count as 1 function or more?

Hi,

1. The 2 PF receivers can be replaced by a single SBrick, but if it looks better, from an aesthetics point of view, you can replace the two IR receivers by 2 SBricks.

The emphasis of the rule is that you need to utilize 4 output ports. So either 2 ports on 2 SBricks or 4 ports on a single SBrick.

2. You can multiplex two motors on a single output for the same function (i.e. driving in your case). They don't need to be mechanically linked.

So my walking dragline is going great and it's massive but to let it hold anything from the boom I need to add counter weight. I made a clip on box out of lego for extra weigh but it uses some non-lego metal balls had had from a magnets set. Is this allowed?

Please say yes!!!

Normally I would say no, but let's pretend the metal balls are these:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=bb607

bb607.jpg

Don't tell anyone they are not :wink: