Jim

[TC6] Technic SBrick Contest - Information Topic

Same eraman, on the weekend I was bloody panicking, because I thought the competition would close on the 15th promptly. I spent all Saturday trying to upload the video and fixing a few flaws in the drivetrain. Had I known that the competition would have still been open on the 16th, I would have enjoyed my Saturday. The only reason Jim locked the entry topic yesterday is because I asked in a PM when the voting will commence. Had I not done that the entry topic would have still been open today.

building was difficult,But voting will be difficult too ahahah

i Can place almost all The entries sure in the second place (mine in the third :') ) But no one surely in the first place, good luck To everyone!!

eraman

i think that it Was one day And some people have different time setting due To the different countries, sure everyone should improve something but in the future we could need the same added time ;)

Same eraman, on the weekend I was bloody panicking, because I thought the competition would close on the 15th promptly. I spent all Saturday trying to upload the video and fixing a few flaws in the drivetrain. Had I known that the competition would have still been open on the 16th, I would have enjoyed my Saturday. The only reason Jim locked the entry topic yesterday is because I asked in a PM when the voting will commence. Had I not done that the entry topic would have still been open today.

Huh? :angry:

I closed the contest because the deadline was due. In the contest description I have written that I would close the contest on Monday, so you could build the entire Sunday, which I did.

This had nothing to do with your PM about when the voting would start.

Please stop being anal about the deadline. You had two months to build, so don't pretend it's my fault that you "ruined" your Saturday.

To be quite honest; I am getting a bit fed up with this non-mature behavior.

It is correct to hold open the entry topic 2 days after deadline?

I have very-very little time to build(i work a lot and i have a babygirl), but I finished my model until deadline.

If I would have known that i will have 2 more days, i did not build in hurry, I would have been with my family more time...

Two more days?! I closed the contest on Monday, just like I mentioned in the Contest description.

I think there was plenty time for this contest, the deadline was there from the very beginning. Sure, I don't have a kid, but I do have a demanding job, a problematic rent with a problematic land lord, winter holidays etc and I build slowly as a snail, etc. Only could start in January, I didn't have a model at stock that I only had to modify to fit the contest.

By the way I simply set the deadline one week before the actual deadline, and scheduled the previous weekend (7th 8th of Feb.) to take all pictures and shoot the video (as I don't have a video camera and a well lit place to shoot pictures).

Edited by Lipko

upps, sorry, my fault, i saw the comment time incorrect, i thought that today morning new entry was uploaded, but it was yesterday, sorry :sceptic:

I think there was plenty time for this contest, the deadline was there from the very beginning. Sure, I don't have a kid, but I do have a demanding job, a problematic rent with a problematic land lord, winter holidays etc and I build slowly as a snail, I had to give up on features because I didn't order part on time, etc.

I simply set the deadline one week before the actual deadline, and scheduled the previous weekend (7th 8th of Feb.) to take all pictures and shoot the video (as I don't have a video camera and a well lit place to shoot pictures).

Amen! That's how an adult takes care of deadlines and real life issues :thumbup:

upps, sorry, my fault, i saw the comment time incorrect, i thought that today morning new entry was uploaded, but it was yesterday, sorry :sceptic:

No problem! :thumbup:

'non-mature behaviour'

Says the person that claims we had the whole Sunday to build, yet people were still uploading entries yesterday. I notice everything that goes on around here you know. Shows how prompt and organised an 'adult' can be. Kmt, bruh -_-

Honestly: who took part only to win the Sbricks?

I'm guessing that if the prize was simply automatic entry in to the Hall of Fame then there would still have been 43 entries.

'non-mature behaviour'

Says the person that claims we had the whole Sunday to build, yet people were still uploading entries yesterday. I notice everything that goes on around here you know. Shows how prompt and organised an 'adult' can be. Kmt, bruh -_-

"Professionaly" speaking your "boss" is giving you a deadline...so you have to be ready for that day! if he gives you one more day then consider it as a bonus...not a MALUS!

'non-mature behaviour'

Wow...wait a minute Leo. You are attacking moderator for what? For letting people upload entries on Monday? He said for himself:

"Deadline date is February 15th, 2015. Contest will be closed on Monday the 16th, so you will have the entire Sunday to build"

So all is correct. Deadline is 15th, he locked the topic on Monday.

I don't get all the hate you are expressing toward Jim, he worked, and still does to provide this contests we are all excited about, including you with your Huracan.

Lets just enjoy the contest!

Edited by Milan

Honestly: who took part only to win the Sbricks?

I build construction equipment without contest too :laugh: , besides the prize is not Lego for me, even winning I could not use it, it is hard pleasure to be purist.

I build construction equipment without contest too :laugh: , besides the prize is not Lego for me, even winning I could not use it, it is hard pleasure to be purist.

You could place it as a trophy on your shelf :wink:

You could place it as a trophy on your shelf :wink:

I do not like trophies, as you can see I do not have medals too, I rather usey all my room for Lego :laugh: .

'non-mature behaviour'

I believe you are threading on thin ice...

Anyway, saying that we would have Sunday to build and that the contest would be closed Monday gave room for interpretation, it could be at 12 PM on Sunday, or it could be during Monday.

I had my model done several weeks ago, but I couldn't film it because of a problem with my camera, so I planned to borrow a camera the passed weekend to film it, and so I did. I had great problems uploading and editing the video, so I wasn't done before 11 PM in the evening, and the video wasn't available on YouTube before 00:30 AM Monday. I'm very happy the topic wasn't closed at 12 PM Sunday. But it would have been nice to know exactly when it would close... It is however my own responsibility to make sure I can meet a deadline, and having two small kids and a demanding job is not an excuse for bad planning. But I'm happy that as many entries as possible is allowed into the competition.

So I think Jim has done a good job, and it was a good balance act to warn that he would soon close the contest and help those who had trouble with the video. Good work Jim!

I do not like trophies, as you can see I do not have medals too, I rather usey all my room for Lego :laugh: .

You could give it to me if you win. I would happily help you save some space for your Lego... ;)

-ED-

Edited by Nazgarot

So I think Jim has done a good job, and it was a good balance act to warn that he would soon close the contest and help those who had trouble with the video. Good work Jim!

:thumbup:

----

I used to close on Friday, which was inconvenient, since most of you build in the weekends. Therefore I thought about closing the topic in Sunday, but that's not very well defined (can be in the morning, afternoon or evening). So closing on Monday means you have the entire Sunday. When I close on Monday depends on my work etc.

So basically I guarantee that you have the entire Sunday (CET) to finish up and I will close the contest after that, which even might be Tuesday or Wednesday if I need the extra time myself. I will make sure to add this to the rules to prevent future discussions.

Then sell it and buy MORE LEGO!!! :grin:

Haha, I can almost see a "If you vote for me and I win first price I will give away one of the SBricks to one of those who voted for me!" scheme emerging here :laugh:

Hmm, maybe not a bad idea that.. :devil:

HEY GUYS! VOTE FOR AND ............ :grin:

Just kidding of course

That's how politics voting works except the part when winner gives something away. :cry_sad:

Edited by Omikron

That's how politics voting works except the part when winner gives something away. :cry_sad:

Ain't that the truth :sweet: