Sign in to follow this  
Rigolax

Higlands Castle - my new project on Lego Ideas

1714018-o_199crlbil7ol7br1j145a81igec-full.png

This is one of my projects on the run on LEGO Ideas.

One of the supporter advised me to make a post here, on Eurobricks.

This set comprises a big scottish Highlands Castle, having three levels, some furnitures to put inside, several minifigs and animals.

The Castle itself is on two 32x16 plates (total size 32x32), with hinges, allowing it to open the Castle and see the inside.

On the lower level, inside the rock, two big rooms can contains beer barrels, or even a prison.

The acces to the entrance of the Castle is done with a stair that is embedded in the rock.

1713238-o_199amrseb1ve7ajv11v61oac1s45c-full.png1713241-o_199amrsebv0q1lds1hcv3sj2sed-full.png

The groundfloor of the Castle comprises the entrance door and entrance hall, as well as the Great Hall of the Landlord. This is a higher room, having a balcony.

The top level of the Castle comprises a tower, on which is hanging a scottish look-a-like flag.

1713253-o_199amrsebtgr1m0246d1imug3fh-full.png

The Castle`s walls comprise many decorated windows and other decorations.

Some furniture is present within the set, and can be disposed inside the Castle :

- a table with four chairs

- a bed with little table and candle

- beer barrels with bottles and glasses

Concerning the minifigs, this set contains six scottish soldiers, two pipers, the landlord and his wife.

All minifigs (except the Lady) waire a kilt, white socs, and black shoes.

1713259-o_199amsdec1h3skv01r10117osr1f-full.png1713262-o_199amsls4rmmus61d5v12fa1hca1k-full.png

Some animals (rats, dogs, cats) are also present within the set.

So, if you like it, please vote for it here : Highlands Castle Project

Welcome, Rigolax.

I see you are starting with an ambitious project.

A nice and concise build. However, I fear it may be subject to the much-feared "grey wall syndrom" when done in real bricks (mostly on left side. Tower has decent amount of special bricks, etc.)

I like your highlanders (second piper from right is Sean Connery in bad mood, right?).

Good luck!

In fact, I made several years ago such a kind of scottish Castle in real (have it in my LEGO room), but it was even bigger than this one, and could do a set (or for more than 600 euros.. :P)

The biggest one has a little church included in the castle, and nicer interiors.

So I made this LDD model, wich, even if yet big, is a smaller version.

I agree on the left wall side, which lacks on special bricks or details.

Next time, I will try to do better ;)

This is a really nice moc! If you'd accept a suggestion, replace the brick built legs with yellow ones (maybe from the Where's My Pants guy?) and use a colored skirt piece for the kilt.