I am a bit busy now but I am looking into building this in yellow .

Wanted to do red but got lots to take a part in order to build in red :)

Too bad, the red version was really cool!! :cry_sad:

But I will see in yellow...you are considering to use yellow rims? I hope that will not look like Maya the Honey Bee. :laugh:

I have built most of Madoca's MOC(Wing truck, Tatra, SUV MK2, etc). I have to say they all perform extraordinarily.

I am dying to see the instruction of your Tractor truck. I think I have most parts to build that beast according to Black bird's pictures.

Unfortunately, I don't have Sbricks. I have LiPo batteries though. Do they really perform better than ordinary batteries?

I have to steal some techniques from Madoca!! That's why i will build. :grin:

I'm almost died to do them...

In my case I have to say, absolutely yes. I received my SBrick and 2 LiPo battery practically at the same time some days ago. For test both, I decide to use them on this MOC...it was visibly faster. I don't know if SBrick help to increase the performance or if it's only by the LiPo battery. The only thing that I don't really like is that I waited too much time before to buy them.

Try to use it and than let me know if it changes the performances.

71f7a3f9jw1eoh4kgzrn1j218g0xcqdx.jpg71f7a3f9jw1eoh4kn3mv0j218g0xcwpo.jpg

Great details! Compare to Madoca's pick up, Lucia's truck has less gear down so it is faster but has lower off road ability. They are both extremely fun to play with, and look great!

AHHH, My eyes are in for a treat!

My 2 favourite technic pickup trucks side by side, what more could I ask to see. I'm suprised that lucio's pickup truck is bigger than madoca's, because madoca's pickup was actualy bigger than I thought, and I imagined that lucio's pickup would be smaller than even the 42029, let alone madoca's pickup. Considering you have built both and contain both models in your possesion, could you possibly make a video about them going on an offroad voyage through a park with some foresty area, like one of top gears specials when they go several miles in vehicles as a convoy. If you could do that, then that would be great!

Edited by LeocornoProductions

I have to steal some techniques from Madoca!! That's why i will build. :grin:

I'm almost died to do them...

In my case I have to say, absolutely yes. I received my SBrick and 2 LiPo battery practically at the same time some days ago. For test both, I decide to use them on this MOC...it was visibly faster. I don't know if SBrick help to increase the performance or if it's only by the LiPo battery. The only thing that I don't really like is that I waited too much time before to buy them.

Try to use it and than let me know if it changes the performances.

To find out which helps increase performance, you can do Sbrick with normal batteries and PF IR receiver with LiPo batteries, see how they perform differently from using normal batteries with PF receiver(I know you are busy because of the instruction :grin: ). For some reason I don't like using cellphone as controller, so I guess I am not going to have Sbricks:). I put two of my LiPo batteries in Sheo's Terex RH400 and It is almost impossible to get the batteries out.

AHHH, My eyes are in for a treat!

My 2 favourite technic pickup trucks side by side, what more could I ask to see. I'm suprised that lucio's pickup truck is bigger than madoca's, because madoca's pickup was actualy bigger than I thought, and I imagined that lucio's pickup would be smaller than even the 42029, let alone madoca's pickup. Considering you have built both and contain both models in your possesion, could you possibly make a video about them going on an offroad voyage through a park with some foresty area, like one of top gears specials when they go several miles in vehicles as a convoy. If you could do that, then that would be great!

I wish I can but I don't have experience or devices to make videos. Sorry about that. I think Lucio is capable of making video and photographing(His videos and pictures are stunning), plus he is going to build Madoca's pick-up.

To find out which helps increase performance, you can do Sbrick with normal batteries and PF IR receiver with LiPo batteries, see how they perform differently from using normal batteries with PF receiver(I know you are busy because of the instruction :grin: ). For some reason I don't like using cellphone as controller, so I guess I am not going to have Sbricks:). I put two of my LiPo batteries in Sheo's Terex RH400 and It is almost impossible to get the batteries out.

I was thinking to do a video for show the difference.....maybe... :grin:

I wish I can but I don't have experience or devices to make videos. Sorry about that. I think Lucio is capable of making video and photographing(His videos and pictures are stunning), plus he is going to build Madoca's pick-up.

I don't think that I will do a comparison video with Madoca's pick-up. In off road there is nothing to compare, simply Madoca's Pick-up wins hands down! :wink:

AVh5zlh.jpg

Waiting on a few pieces to complete the bed. Thanks for making this Lucio! It's quite a good looking truck and has some really fun features. The best part is that the instructions are free!

Anyone who is thinking of building it, be aware that it does take a few new/odd pieces that you may not be able to get around - such as the 4x the 5L tan axle with stopper? on the end and a 5L black axle.

Anyone who is thinking of building it, be aware that it does take a few new/odd pieces that you may not be able to get around - such as the 4x the 5L tan axle with stopper? on the end and a 5L black axle.

You can get them easily on bricklink.

You can get them easily on bricklink.

Yeah definitely. And I did buy them already. Point is I think they are newer pieces so a lot of people may not have them in their parts bin.

Edit - when I said "you can't get around" i didn't mean you can't buy them, I meant there wasn't an easy work around using an alternate part. :-)

Here is the part. http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=15462

Edited by Graydingo

Sorry for bumping old topic, but I think that making separate topic just for MOD is unnecessarily :blush:

49761762148_456ed15c31_c.jpg

Spoiler

49761761498_d703ee8299_c.jpg

49762622112_cc5e90b27d_c.jpg

49761761713_5e864f0714_c.jpg

Main goal was using new C+ motors and hub (to participate in "hill climb" competition in Moscow), keeping in mind secondary feature - low center of gravity combined with weight placed mainly in the front part of the vehicle.

49762621897_81ee062ab4_c.jpg

I decided that this configuration of motors and battery pack will help in overcoming the slope.
C+ L-motor (used for steering) placed between the front suspension arms, under the C+ hub.
All 3 C+ XL-motors used for propulsion are connected with two driveshafts (separate for left and right side) by a little bit complicated "gearbox". Main feature of this gearbox is to connect 3 motors and thansfer the torque to the 2 driveshafts (not so easy geometrical solution :laugh:). Another feature - "overdrive" function, allowing the front wheels to rotate a little faster than the rear (useful thing for hill crawling)
Link to the Studio file

49762745222_585daf92aa_c.jpg
49762745212_78e4f39d59_c.jpg
49762416141_bc195afa56_c.jpg

So, the green axles are the inputs, red ones - outputs. Blue and dark azure gears are for the rights side and for front and rear wheels respectively, and orange and yellow are for the left side and for front and rear wheels respectively.

49762289806_ef9e9df7ac_c.jpgOrange Pickup Truck by Alexey Tikhvinsky, on Flickr

But, I have to admit, the difference in the speed of rotation of the front and rear wheels was too small for me to draw any conclusions about its effectiveness. Final gear ratios for front and rear wheels (including reduction in the new 42099 wheelhubs) is 6.75:1 and 7.2:1

49762291946_b1fe3747d1_c.jpg

49761760128_19bd9e7678_c.jpg

In general, the transfer of most of the mass forward fully paid off. The stability when climbing uphill pleasantly surprised me, as well as the ability to climb with a sufficiently large angle of slope.
Unfortunately, the competition did not take place due to the epidemic, and I took apart the truck without filming it, so no videos this time.
But that was a nice experiment for me, and maybe I'll return to this concept later.

Thanks for watching!