Sign in to follow this  
Lasse D

Model Team: Mobile Shell Station

After a couple of weeks of building, I can now finally present the latest version of my Mobile Service Station.

During transport it looks like an ordinary highway rig

11front1iy9.jpg

The trailer can transform into a Shell station with fuel pumps, car

wash, car shop and a small shop

312openedmainmh4.jpg

See all the images in the

Brickshelf gallery.

The Rig

The truck itself is 51 studs long (5 shorter than the last version) and weights 1.2kg. I have tried to give it some softer lines and focused on the small details that were ignored in the earlier versions.

The engine is a V12 with some discrete chrome details. The interior has both supportive seats, foot pedals and a laptop. The doors open like traditional doors... well, almost. The back folds out giving a couple of rooms: A sleeping room and a kitchen. There are some computer screens in honor of the earlier versions where that was in the trailer. The coupling is new with a better stability and is placed more naturally (The earlier version was as far back as possible)

2allopen.jpg_thumb.jpg 2frontl3.jpg_thumb.jpg 2engine.jpg_thumb.jpg 2interior1.jpg_thumb.jpg 2opened.jpg_thumb.jpg

The trailer

The station is 97 studs long, weights 3.6kg and is filled with functions. The shop has a red panic-button which makes a screen lift up to protect the shop assistent (spring released like functions in the old West theme). Many functions are controlled from the rear where every of the nine holes power a function. The cargo room stores five crates. The brushes in the car wash are powered by a pull-back motor. The floor is lifted and tool rag pushed to the side in order to give access to the car shop.

318under.jpg_thumb.jpg 303shop_nw.jpg_thumb.jpg 322storage.jpg_thumb.jpg 325car_wash.jpg_thumb.jpg 329car_shop.jpg_thumb.jpg

Please ask if there are functions you would like to know more about. I have tried to cover everything with pictures in the gallery.

Edited by Lasse D

I really like the fact that the trailor transforms into a shell station. And then you took the time to add in gadgets. *y* How long did it take you to build all this?

WOW X-O thats very impressive!!!

I've never seen any thing like this. It is certainly unique!

I love the overall idea and all of the small details and functions!

This is just amazing. This is one of the best Lego trucks I've seen.

But to build a complete mobile service-station inside a trailer... wow !!

All those details make this even better. I'm talking about the engine of the truck, the inside of the cabin, the shop in the trailer.

Now I'll go and have another look the pics. Can't get enough of them.

Edited by bonaparte

This is by far the most amazing truck I've ever seen *y* *y* *y*

It's simply breathtaking....

homer-simpson.jpg

X-D

What a clever idea this is! For sure one of the most creative MOCs I

I saw your last version and I was suitibly impressed then... but you still aren't happy! I'm surprised. It is really good and unique. It would be good even if it didn't transform...

Hey Lasse D, Nice to meet you. Thanks for sharing your awesome 8-

This is absolutely astonishing, fantastic work on a grand scale!

My only complaint is that it doesn't also transform into Optimus X-D Next version perhaps?

Y'know what? This is really cool and reminds me of those old "Micro-Machines" things, where a big vehicle would transform into a playset with smaller vehicles. Great job! *y*

Wow. I've always like Mobile HQs and stuff, and this is great! The transformation isn't too overcomplicated- it looks like the driver could just flip a switch and a few seconds later it's ready.

A very, very good job *y* *y*

Wow! Brilliant work! Very inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing! I love the platforms of the shell station and the all around sleek look you achieved (difficult given the dual functionality!)

God Bless,

Nathan

Whoa. Maybe I should give you some constructive critisism here, but I can't think of anything. This thing is perfect and very original. And it's good to see a white creation once in a while.

Thanks everyone. I can never get enough of positive feedback *sweet*

How long does it take to transform?

Quite long actually. You see. The two halves of the roof support each other, but you can only open one up at a time if you are alone, so you have to hold one half while folding up the other and that is quite hard because of the way the pillars are made. I choose that form because I like the slim shape, but it is a problem when transforming. When alone it can up to six minutes. It is really a two man job, so a couple of persons can fold out everything in little about two minutes (there are a lot of locks and hinges).

I really like the fact that the trailor transforms into a shell station. And then you took the time to add in gadgets. *y* How long did it take you to build all this?

It took 3 full days of building the truck. The trailer took an additional 11 days. (I went to an event with LEGO, so it wasn't 11 days straight)

Wtih the little shop. Although i'm not sure is the shop-owner will be so please with it...especially if he's claustrofobic X-D

This is really an amazing moc. Absolutly terrificly done *wub* *y*

Yeah. It does get a little crowded in there. I think I will have to build a smaller car. The tool rag can be moved to get more space and you can use the lift as well, but at least there are open walls and a high roof to help his claustrophobia.

> hinckley39 and Sinner

I'm never completely happy. If was ever was totally satisfied with a MOC, then I couldn't spend more time building on it and that would make me sad. See? X-D

By the way. Can't you whack someone with the lift? An idea is forming here >:-)

My only complaint is that it doesn't also transform into Optimus X-D Next version perhaps?

That would be an idea for a truck, but I think there are already some great MOCs out there doing that perfectly. Such as this *wub*

Whoa. Maybe I should give you some constructive critisism here, but I can't think of anything. This thing is perfect and very original. And it's good to see a white creation once in a while.

Don't worry about constructive criticism. I can always find lots of things to be improved:

- The cabin on the truck should be spring released (this was a cool effect in the old one)

- The pull-back motor is getting weak and should be replaced (unfortunately I only have one, so this will have to wait. I will see if I can do something else to make it work more easily)

- The function for storing crates in the back is too slow (I have to find a new gearing that fits in)

- the pillars are too weak (A 2x2 design would be better. It doesn't change the looks, but I don't have enough hinges to do this yet)

- There are some hinges at the Shell-logo that are in strange colors (I will have to replace them as well when I get some new bricks)

- The car wash should be pushed a little forwards (This is a result of the compromise between storage space. The crates move all the way back to where the brushes are)

> hinckley39 and Sinner

I'm never completely happy. If was ever was totally satisfied with a MOC, then I couldn't spend more time building on it and that would make me sad See? X-D

:'-( Oh no! I do see. I wouldn't want you to be sad. Build on!

By the way. Can't you whack someone with the lift? An idea is forming here >:-)

I'm from the school that you can whack anyone with anything!

Whack on!

Awsome! Great moc! Just curios. I now only just saw the pics of this. I remeber quite some time ago i saw somthing simular on brickshelf(can't revert back since brickshelf is now down). It was built to a very simular scale to yours. Are you the same builder? Is this the redesgned verion?

Yes. This is a new version of the mobile service station. If you go up a level you can see the two older ones.

You can see the previous version here:

2004 version

The 2007 version is all new from the ground up as you can see in this picture where the truck is next to the old one and here the trailer is next to the remains of the old one:

332witholdnp2.jpg

I'm having the same problem as many others with Brickshelf, but I'm working on getting my own site up and hosting the pictures... and fixing all the direct links in here as well.