Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

MOC: Gatling Gun

Saw bits of The Lone Ranger movie the other night towards the end where this was used to wipe out the tribe.

It can swivel side-to-side, has a lever partially obscured by the wheel and opted for the round magazine. The undercarriage stabilizes the whole assembly and can be pulled by a horse.

AC

15860208660_f974c0c47e_c.jpg

Not too shabby. My only critique would be that the true, historically accurate Gatling gun wasn't belt-fed. Even if it were, you'd want to have that belt of ammunition go into the part where you've created the rear gun-sight. The Gatling gun of those days had a gravity feed system, with essentially a pre-loaded magazine that affixed to the top and turning the crank spat out the rounds as they fell downward.

But you've captured the overall look of it rather well, and while the belt isn't correct historically, it's rather well done. At first, I was more interested in what you used to create it, until the Western History nerd in me took over.

Edited by ElCrab

Not too shabby. My only critique would be that the true, historically accurate Gatling gun wasn't belt-fed. Even if it were, you'd want to have that belt of ammunition go into the part where you've created the rear gun-sight. The Gatling gun of those days had a gravity feed system, with essentially a pre-loaded magazine that affixed to the top and turning the crank spat out the rounds as they fell downward.

But you've captured the overall look of it rather well, and while the belt isn't correct historically, it's rather well done. At first, I was more interested in what you used to create it, until the Western History nerd in me took over.

Agree with most of your observation except for the belt which is supposed to show the bullets coming out and the round magazine as described is where they're coming from.

AC

Wow, this one actually looks much better than the one used in LR! Seriously, for me it's more accurate and a lot more original in build. I didn't really like that they've used that grey barrel making as part of a gun. It seemed to be rather "cheap". Of course, it still looks like a nice gun, but... guys... amateurs could use a barrel, not profesionals :blush:

And i have to agree about the belt. It's unnecessary here.

And i didn't realize that You've used rubber bands at the first moment. I guess that colors can do the trick :blush:

Still, there probably wasn't anything else to use right?