Sign in to follow this  
Prince Manic

Bricks & Pieces section "I want to buy a piece" won't

First off - I been busy and such so I haven't been here for months so sorry I wasn't very active. (off topic I know)

Okay here's on what I'm gonna do, I was gonna check to get some final pieces (hopefully) to my LEGO Hill Valley Clock Tower (which is almost done just need 69 1 x 6 bright orange bricks) and when I was inputing my age and where I live this message showed up "Bricks & Pieces purchases won't be available between December 13 and the end of January." So now I'm screwed until Feburary to get on what I need which is the final piece to complete my Clock Tower is 69 bright orange 1 x 6 bricks.

so what does this mean? Is it just means when the end of Janurary it's back and I can buy pieces once again or it they had shutdown the service (I hope not!) that's how I have the pieces I'll need, that pick a brick section doesn't the bright orange 1 x 6 bricks I need.

I rely on that service to get my project done....sigh I guess I may call them to make it clear what does this mean really or you could call them and ask what it means. I really wanted to complete My Back to the Future Hill Valley Clock Tower and be happy that I've built this for REAL!

Edited by Prince Manic

I've placed a lot of BNP orders this year and the downtime might have something to do with the current problems in their database. Numerous call with customer service provided me with some info that their BNP database is currently showing a lot of items that are actually out of stock. I've heared that these issues need to be adressed manually, so that could be the reason for the downtime. Although the downtime is not favourable, it will probably result in a change for the better... so have faith, fellow brickbuilder!

Bricklink is the way to go. There are multiple sellers offering the orange 1x6 bricks. Even if you waited until February to try and get them from Bricks and Pieces, there is always a chance they might not offer them, therefore the wait would be in vain.

Official position is that it is just to deal with the Christmas rush (presumably customer services have enough on their plate without B&P on top) and all will be back to normal in the new year.

Bricklink has three US based stores offering more than 69 1 x 6 Bricks in Orange from $0.14 a piece used and $0.15 a piece new.

It's probably your best option.

BnP does this yearly. They have holiday too AND probably catalog updates. A lot of new inventories would be added and it might be difficult to get all orders out in a reasonable amount of time. I believe it is handpicked per order since it can be so unique.

BnP does this yearly. They have holiday too AND probably catalog updates. A lot of new inventories would be added and it might be difficult to get all orders out in a reasonable amount of time. I believe it is handpicked per order since it can be so unique.

That's correct TheLegoDr.

To answer your question Prince Manic. This time of year they do close the service down for the holidays. TLG usually do this simply because they have too many orders to fill out and each order from BnP is hand picked (Including PAB). BnP comes from the facilities in Denmark whereas PAB is from their facilities in Poland. I suspect the facilities in Denmark doesn't handle as much capacity as the one in Poland which is why they usually want customers to order from that site. It also allows them time to restock their inventories and add new parts. When a new part becomes available in a set it takes a few months before the factory makes enough parts to stock the BnP service. This is why after a new set is released you cannot order the part right away.

It sucks to be sure to have to wait till February. Thankfully I ordered my remaining parts for my police modular on the 13th December...I totally forgot the service was closed till January. The one sticky point is with the service down I can't view the prices of the parts I would like to order to estimate costs on future projects.

Edited by Wodanis

I can wait until Febuaray anyway since most brick link stores use paypal (for which I don't have) so if I get my 69 1x6 bright Orange bricks I'll get VIP Points which will help a lot to get another $5 reward I could use in the future I'm almost done with my clock tower anyway it can wait until I get the final pieces to finalize with.

Edited by Prince Manic

I can wait until Febuaray anyway since most brick link stores use paypal (for which I don't have) so if I get my 69 1x6 bright Orange bricks I'll get VIP Points which will help a lot to get another $5 reward I could use in the future I'm almost done with my clock tower anyway it can wait until I get the final pieces to finalize with.

You don't get VIP points for shopping at Brick and Pieces.

The amount you save using bricklink more than outweighs the points one might get. Also paypal I believe allows you to pay using a credit card without an account. You just don't get the protection paypal offers.