mink66

(MOC) Wyldstyle's Flying Super Cycle

Here is my version of Wyldstyle's Flying Super Cycle. It took a lot longer than I hoped to complete this MOC mostly because about a dozen or more parts do not actually exist or don't exist in the colors depicted in the movie. With the help of several screen shots from the movie and the Golden Instructions #3 from TLM video game I got a very close version to the actual one from the movie.

15515536699_2032e9f39d_c.jpgFlyingSuperCycle by mink66, on Flickr

15838935989_67faf350da_c.jpgIMG_2401 by mink66, on Flickr

15838935759_c0d99dbdba_c.jpgIMG_2408 by mink66, on Flickr

16023041241_13f9df8391_c.jpgIMG_2416 by mink66, on Flickr

15999206876_39d6c322ae_c.jpgIMG_2414 by mink66, on Flickr

15405353953_3e9045281d_c.jpgIMG_2419 by mink66, on Flickr

Other probably asked the same.... Where did you get that gear :laugh:

Well done, seems very faithfull to the original.

Thanks Zblj! The gear is a 3D printed version (http://www.shapeways.com/model/1900766/60z.html) of what a 60 tooth Lego gear might look like if one actually existed. In order to get a more accurate movie version of the flying super cycle I decided to go with a non-Lego part instead of using the 40 tooth gear which is available as a real Lego part.

On 12/16/2014 at 2:03 AM, mink66 said:

Thanks Zblj! The gear is a 3D printed version (http://www.shapeways.com/model/1900766/60z.html) of what a 60 tooth Lego gear might look like if one actually existed. In order to get a more accurate movie version of the flying super cycle I decided to go with a non-Lego part instead of using the 40 tooth gear which is available as a real Lego part.

Hi @mink66, not sure if you will see this post (9 years later), however really love your Flying Super Cycle build and I'm currently trying to build it myself and was wondering if you still have the build at all to be able to take a couple more photos of it, specifically from underneath?
Also I followed the above link to a site that did the custom 3D printed 60 tooth Technic gear used in this build, however it doesn't appear there anymore..
Any chance you would be able to take a couple of clear photos of the gear on its own to see if I am able to get someone to try and print it or if you could advise if there are any others out there available for sale?
Many thanks in advance!! :-)

Has anyone located a version of this that can be purchased or a file that can be printed recently? Did you ever locate one @NDLG80 ?

Hi @Blocksmith, I was never successful with locating a file to 3D print the Technic gear, but was lucky to have a friend somehow find one or work it out himself as he printed me a couple last year to make this build and a movie accurate Super Cycle.
I will ask him if he did locate a site where you can download it.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate that my friend @NDLG80. If you have an extra I'd be willing to purchase it also.