Sign in to follow this  
anothergol

75054 AT-AT, the missing toe

Hello,

I like the latest AT-AT and was gonna give him his missing toe, and tested if the feet couldn't be improved.

I totally understand the reason for the missing toe, but as an adult I don't care for possible friction or whatever, so I have no problem with 4 toes.

I'm suggesting 6 variations, 4 shown on the pic. I think I'm gonna go for the rightmost one, as the toes are thinner.

While I liked LEGO's color scheme, dark foor, light toes, it's not bad either with light feet. The rounded 2x2 slopes don't exist as light grey, though, but they exist as 1x2.

It's still strongly attached by 2 2x2 disks. The other designs may be slightly more fragile, but not much.

ATAT_Feet.jpg

The LXF, for those interested:

http://fiastarta.com...f/ATAT_Feet.lxf

You mean with the base "wings" in light grey? Possibly yes, but it'd make the toes look even thicker. This said, I think the leftmost one looks nice & "chubby", while the rightmost looks the most accurate.

I think the 2x2 slopes used on the rightmost, would be a perfect choice for a larger-scale one like Cavegod's, used as full 2x2, as the toes of the original AT-AT are kinda small and nearly squares.

I prefer the ome on the right the most... Even prefer it over the original design. Personally, I feel the dark gray toes adds some needed shadowing.

Great job; I am going to steal your idea :P

Edited by Something_Awesome

@Maus: We need a shopping list for you added parts as well a manual, that I can rebuild your outstanding model. Any ways you can do that? ;-)