Sign in to follow this  
BrickSev

[MOC/MOD] Sci-Fi Minifigure: Space Warrior

Hello fellow AFOL,

I recently used several parts to create a custom Minifigure. I don't know if I can call it a MOC or a MOD :wink: but I'd really like to read what you think about it :classic:

Since the resized pics are very low quality I uploaded a video on YouTube. It also shows how I "built" it.

Any comment would be very appreciated. Thank you. :classic:

Edit:

I forgot to add a little description.

The Minifigure is based on the Jango Fett Minifigure from 75015 set. I swapped the helmet's rangefinder with a Clone Trooper visor (the red one coming from set 9488) then I added the Armor of the Space Miner (from Minifigures series 12).

The pistol is the typical Clone Trooper blaster pistol while the melee weapon is made with a Lightsaber handle and the "chainsaw" blade come from a old Space set ( so old I forgot which one it is :wink: )

The melee weapon is a reference to a famous Science Fiction series. Did you guess which one? :wink:

Anyway I hope you like this little customization. :classic:

Edited by BrickSev

Quite nice! The only criticism I might have is that combining the visor and that helmet piece gives off a definitive "Star Wars" feel, but that seems to be what you're going for here. :wink: Well done.

There are a couple of "official" fan-chosen lawyer-friendly names that are used for "melee weapons" like yours; "Energy Sword" is probably the most generic, covering almost all objects with a blade made of some sort of transparent laser-like substance, "Psionic Spear-Blade" for more fantasy based situations(and for shout-out cred), and finally, my personal favorite, the "Beamsaber," which is used specifically for "melee weapons" like yours(and has the added status of being named as an official weapon for Brikwars by none other than Mike Rayhawk!).

Quite nice! The only criticism I might have is that combining the visor and that helmet piece gives off a definitive "Star Wars" feel, but that seems to be what you're going for here. :wink: Well done.

There are a couple of "official" fan-chosen lawyer-friendly names that are used for "melee weapons" like yours; "Energy Sword" is probably the most generic, covering almost all objects with a blade made of some sort of transparent laser-like substance, "Psionic Spear-Blade" for more fantasy based situations(and for shout-out cred), and finally, my personal favorite, the "Beamsaber," which is used specifically for "melee weapons" like yours(and has the added status of being named as an official weapon for Brikwars by none other than Mike Rayhawk!).

Thank you for your comment :classic:

Having a lot of Star Wars sets and never enough spare parts the "Star Wars" feel is inevitable. I mean it's the them I get the spare part from :wink:

Nice suggestion on the name of melee weapons. I intentionally didn't name it because I wanted to make a sort of "how to" video. I have a Science Fiction story in mind (mostly comics and if I find the time even few Brickfilms) and this Minifigure will be a character so a name for the weapons would be a cool idea.

Lawyer-friendly is always a good choice, especially when posting things on YouTube.

For example the "Chainsaw-like" could have been a tribute to Warhammer 40K but since I know Games Workshop sometimes does not like to be mentioned I thought to avoid issues and mentioning it, even as tribute which, obviously, does not violate intellectual property but that's another story, and a long one :wink:

Now as "self criticism" :classic: I want say perhaps a different weapon ( the Galaxy Squad Blaster for example) could make the appearance less "Star Wars-like" but I wanted to use a compact weapon just to create the "iconic" "pistol and sword" look.

Thank you again for your comment and feedback :classic: