sweetsha

[MOC] Galaxy Squad - Panic in the Galaxy

Hi everyone,

Galaxy Squad line is maybe not the most popular one, but I really liked this line, so I created a little battle scene in honor of it for an exposition in France this year (Fanabriques)

Poor red team, despite having two mechs the battle is not so easy due to the big larva alien that just appeared from its crater ^^

14573674539_df6e82cdea_z.jpg

Some details :

14757139911_0f004c3d4f.jpg

14573868287_4443d98bbe.jpg

14573867207_91e7318926.jpg

And as it was displayed in Fanabriques :

14551172732_baaaf872c4_z.jpg

I really tried to create a dynamic scene, with flying mosquito aliens and some laser shoots, I hope you'll like it.

C&C are as always welcome.

That is a nice dynamic scene. It appears the Red Team and the Buggoids are equally in trouble. Love the red mecha robots which you have done. Thank you for sharing.

Excellent work on a vastly under-rated lego theme - love Galaxy Squad. So much to like here - how about a base design? :wink:

Edited by stebai

Great composition and colourwork in the piece. So much going on but it doesn't look busy. Love the giant bug, especially the subtle 'curve' put into it

I love how alive this moc feels. The sense of not just spacemen, but movement and crisis and emotion is really brilliant. And the big bug is shear perfection. Well done.

Thanks for all your comments :blush:

Glad to see I'm not the only Galaxy Squad fan here.

I'm also happy to see that the giant bug is pretty popular here ^^

Amazing MOC! How many pieces did you use for the "giant bug"?

Hmm, I did not count but there are 20 "layers" for the body with 7 parts per face (counting inner structure) so at least 7x4x20 = 560 pieces for the main boy, plus the head makes a total of between 600 and 700 pieces maybe.

I had to make a big slope order on BL for this big boy :laugh:

Thanks for all your comments :blush:

Glad to see I'm not the only Galaxy Squad fan here.

I'm also happy to see that the giant bug is pretty popular here ^^

Hmm, I did not count but there are 20 "layers" for the body with 7 parts per face (counting inner structure) so at least 7x4x20 = 560 pieces for the main boy, plus the head makes a total of between 600 and 700 pieces maybe.

I had to make a big slope order on BL for this big boy :laugh:

Impressive, most impressive indeed.

I've surely become a Galaxy Squad fan :classic: Right now I found, and bought, three sets 70701, 70705 and the mighty 70709.

I built the smaller one (70701) and it's indeed a wonderful set. I also like very much the Galaxy Squad's armors: they remind of the Mass Effect armors :classic:

Very nice! Yep, you aren't the only one who likes Galaxy Squad, it's my favorite space line to date... Alien bugs... :wub: The giant bug is AMAZING!!! All the mechs are very nice as well, keep up the outstanding work!