Sign in to follow this  
DoGoods

Part out or try to make sets

I'm semi new here. Just got back into LEGO after many years away. I'm really only into building large technic MOCs that others have created instructions for.

I've purchased a 25 pound lot of lego because it included a couple RC motors. I was planning on putting the other parts in their respective sets (mostly castle and bionicle). I have no instructions or boxes (I'm picking out unique parts and using bricklink to find their respective sets). I have found that many of the sets may be missing a couple pieces. My question is: should I sell the sets as incomplete or just part everything out?

I'm not trying to sell lego as a job, just trying to decrease my inventory of non technic pieces.

I know this may not be the correct forum, but I can't post in the for sale section.

Personally I think trying to reconstruct sets from a lot like this is way too much trouble if you're just doing it to resell, unless you can clearly see there was some very high value sets in there. Divide them into a couple bulk lots by general theme and sell it that way.

Of course you might find some creative way to use those parts in custom technic MOCs so that is something else to consider.