rm8

[MOC] Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Hard Top

Hi, Thanks a lot for this MOC :)

I had to play a bit with the colors to complete it and have some issue as I do not yet own pins 15100. I'll upload my "painting" later on today.

Still either I missed something or the manual does not cover the IR receiver placement? Correct me if I'm wrong. I've seen you play with sbrick, but the regular (V1/V2) IR is the only option for me now.

Additionally I use loading bay to contain custom lipo battery+connector that are the only non-original Lego parts in my version - it fits quite nicely.

Front:

front_1.jpg

front_2.jpg

Rear:

rear.jpg

Power:

power.jpg

Edited by Yorick

Hi, Thanks a lot for this MOC :)

I had to play a bit with the colors to complete it and have some issue as I do not yet own pins 15100. I'll upload my "painting" later on today.

Still either I missed something or the manual does not cover the IR receiver placement? Correct me if I'm wrong. I've seen you play with sbrick, but the regular (V1/V2) IR is the only option for me now.

Additionally I use loading bay to contain custom lipo battery+connector that are the only non-original Lego parts in my version - it fits quite nicely.

use V1 version, there is no need in v2 here.

Thank you for kind feedback)

And I am very intersted in your modifications. Please, share them here)

Edited by rm8

use V1 version, there is no need in v2 here.

With custom LIPO (from local RC shop) I just do not want to have any limitations on current, as the standard lego battery box limitation is also away in this setup. I guess it would be still ok with all 3 engines working concurrently, but just prefer to have margin :)

I seldomly use alternate 11,1V 3 cells LIPO (similar size but thicker), when pursuing for speed. I am still lacking precise steering, tried with speed control transmitter, but that does not work too good. So I have plans for some device - either own/colleague design or some sbrick/similar 3rd party solution.

Hi RM8, thought I would share my version of your fantastic model - thanks for posting the instructions.

Auri from Chrome Block City supplied some cool Titanium wheel rims - these look great on this model. Auri also engraved the 4 x 1x2 black grill mod tiles with Toyota - they also look great. I will order some clear round tiles for the headlights soon.

I displayed it at the Sydney Brick Show (Australia) last weekend and it was a very popular model.

Cheers - OneMoreRobot

17074046048_d19a3132a4.jpgFJ40.4 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

17260028712_ba9b305627.jpgFJ40.5 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

Edited by OneMoreRobot

Hi RM8, thought I would share my version of your fantastic model - thanks for posting the instructions.

Auri from Chrome Block City supplied some cool Titanium wheel rims - these look great on this model. Auri also engraved the 4 x black grill mod tiles with Toyota - they also look great. I will order some clear round tiles for the headlights soon.

I displayed it at the Sydney Brick Show (Australia) last weekend and it was a very popular model.

Cheers - OneMoreRobot

FJ40.4 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

FJ40.5 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

Thank you for sharing it! Very nice styling.

Chrome Block City is very good shop with wide choice. I have many parts from there, and Auri is very nice seller. :thumbup: How did he engaved Toyota? Could you show it closer?

Thank you for sharing it! Very nice styling.

Chrome Block City is very good shop with wide choice. I have many parts from there, and Auri is very nice seller. :thumbup: How did he engaved Toyota? Could you show it closer?

Photo as requested; I think Auri did an excellent job & the final look is impressive, Auri always accepts my challenges and comes up with the goods, we also tried to engrave a single 2x4 tile and engrave the grill effect, however the four grills as per below looked better.

16662263843_d2f1c97734.jpgIMG_1400 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

21309883303_ce93d3e756_z.jpgFJ40.7 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

I added trans clear round tiles for headlights with chrome silver round plates underneath for realistic effect.

Edited by OneMoreRobot

Wanted to say thanks for a grate moc , finished it this weekend .

I build the version with he roof and the winch on , it was a lot of fun .

I will add an SBrick to it and take it out from some trail fun once its not so wet .

Wanted to say thanks for a grate moc , finished it this weekend .

I build the version with he roof and the winch on , it was a lot of fun .

I will add an SBrick to it and take it out from some trail fun once its not so wet .

Thank you. Have a nice trail :wink:

I have built this excellent model that captures the real thing so well. I actually used to own one so I have a soft spot for the FJ40. I have built a camper trailer to go with it using the same colour scheme and will publish some pictures along with LDD building instructions that I have done. Also built a battery box to go on the roof rack that is intended to look like a storage container. This allows the back of the FJ40 to not be packed full of battery, wires and remote so the seats and other details are not covered up. I have built it with all the accessories and added some working spotlights at the front of the roof rack. The whole thing looks very cool. Thanks so much for the great design and sharing the instructions. I am new to Eurobricks so as soon as I can start a thread and figure out how to post pictures and instructions I will do so.

I have built this excellent model that captures the real thing so well. I actually used to own one so I have a soft spot for the FJ40. I have built a camper trailer to go with it using the same colour scheme and will publish some pictures along with LDD building instructions that I have done. Also built a battery box to go on the roof rack that is intended to look like a storage container. This allows the back of the FJ40 to not be packed full of battery, wires and remote so the seats and other details are not covered up. I have built it with all the accessories and added some working spotlights at the front of the roof rack. The whole thing looks very cool. Thanks so much for the great design and sharing the instructions. I am new to Eurobricks so as soon as I can start a thread and figure out how to post pictures and instructions I will do so.

Thank you. Would like to see your model and your trailer:)

Some pictures of the FJ40 with mods and camper trailer

fj40_with_trailer.jpgThe whole rig (did not have a white slope poiece for the roof so had to use black)

fj40_with_mods.jpgclose up of FJ40 with battery box on roof and spotlights at front of roof rack

camper_trailer_stand-alone.jpgTrailer on its own with park wheel lowered

fj40_roof_wiring.jpgShowing underside of battery box and wiring

I have full LDD model for the trailer and the battery box but next have to work out how to publish these.

Let me know what you think.

Some pictures of the FJ40 with mods and camper trailer

I have full LDD model for the trailer and the battery box but next have to work out how to publish these.

Let me know what you think.

Nice work dude may be upload the ldd to http://rebrickable.com/ and then ask if rm8 can add a link to it in the description for his models in http://rebrickable.com/ .

Trying a link to LDD file for the camper trailer stored on Brickshelf. Don't know whether this will work http://www.brickshel...ailer_whole.lxf. Yay it seems to work OK. Will post in a proper topic with some pix when I get access to those features (after some more posts). Seems appropriate to put it here though as it is the FJ40 MOC that inspired me to do the trailer.

Edited by kevstechnic

Hi, i have one question, is there any LDD file of this nice model? because if not, i will put my hands to work.

Hi, i have one question, is there any LDD file of this nice model? because if not, i will put my hands to work.

yes, p.m. me your email

Here is the FJ40 in white. Because so pieces i didn't had enought in white or they don't exist in white or i just don't have them i replaced them with light bluish gray and black . I also built a trailer for it .

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Here is the BOSS , the grill :

800x600.jpg

Here is the trailer :

800x600.jpg

Here is the cooler:

800x600.jpg

Here it is ready for camping:

800x600.jpg

I also made those chairs , that table , a luggage and a fishing rod.

RM8 , this is such an amaizing model , great job !

Edited by IA creations

Here is the FJ40 in white. Because so pieces i didn't had enought in white or they don't exist in white or i just don't have them i replaced them with light bluish gray and black . I also built a trailer for it .

Here is the BOSS , the grill :

Here is the trailer :

Here is the cooler:

Here it is ready for camping:

I also made those chairs , that table , a luggage and a fishing rod.

RM8 , this is such an amaizing model , great job !

Thank you! Nice stuff!

Hello! today my gest is russian AFOL - Konstantin @GooberReboot . He is like every other afol met lego as kid, and then came back to LEGO as adult. Today he visited me during his work trip, and take his new model with him: Toyota Trophy Truck based on FJ45 and inspired by @Nefarious Kustoms 2019 crazy custom model. This is very fast and powerful model that anc be converted to Offroad crawler just changing wheel hubs to new planetary hubs from LEGO 42099

propulsion: 2x Buggy motor

steering: servo motor

radio control: RC Brick (custom RC-grade remote adapter for LEGO) with FLY SKY Radio control

battery: noname 3S Lipo

AWD, independent suspension positive caster angle