rm8

[MOC] Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Hard Top

Hi,

Here is my latest creation. When I started, I selected several goals:

- middle scale for RC playability

- weight distributed to front for better crawling performance

- easy removable hard top

- motorized winch

- realistic body and proportions as close as possible to original.

Full article with building process, WIP photos and result is here in my blog(translate by goolge).

640x427.jpg

640x468.jpg

It is realtively small MOC, but it has more than 1000 parts and it takes 14 monthes of building and rebuilding. Yes, I am slow builder, comparing to other guys. May be I should hire a hamster to help me:)

I wasted too much time for it. So now, I am sure the proportions and functions are good enough for me.

640x427.jpg

features:

- Scale approx. 1:12

- Fully motorized and remote controlled

- Fully removable hard top with 3 versions. 10 seconds for conversion!

- Customs stickers

- Openable doors, bonnet and back doors. Side doors with locks

- Foldable front and rear seats

- Dashboard

640x427.jpg

640x426.jpg

Technic specs:

- Suspension with live axles, supported by 3 links

- AWD transmission with differentials in the axles and locked central differential (XL motor). Gear 20:28

- Link steering (Servo-motor)

- Winch ready with motorized PTO (M motor) + ready for second PTO motor

640x379.jpg

Dimensions:

- Weight: 1050 gr. (including LiPo battery and additional PTO M motor)

- Length: 296 mm (37 studs)

- Width: 120 mm (15 studs)

- Height: 160 mm (20 studs)

-Wheelbase 173 mm (21,5 studs)

640x426.jpg640x427.jpg640x426.jpg640x426.jpg

more photos here http://www.bricksafe.../pages/rm8/FJ40

WATCH FULL VIDEO PRESENTATION HERE

UPDATE: INSTRUCTION AVAILABLE :classic:

You can download it now in PDF or watch my picasa album

Partlist is represented in 5 versions:

1.Just chassis - 413 pcs

640x427.jpg

2.Light - 749 pcs

640x427.jpg

3.Cabrio - 883 pcs

640x427.jpg

4.Base - 1162 pcs

640x427.jpg

5.Expedition - 1284 pcs

640x427.jpg

Edited by rm8

I really like it! But have to say I think the lights and grill are a touch too narrow. But I understand its at the size that's really hard to fix.

Other than that brilliant! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like it! But have to say I think the lights and grill are a touch too narrow. But I understand its at the size that's really hard to fix.

Other than that brilliant! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

thank you.

May be 2 this tile will be better? :tongue:

6060734.jpg

Edited by rm8

Very accurate MOC, love the removable top with doors.

Since you already built 2 door version, I see no reasons to skip building 4 door model. :wink:

great car mate :)

i remember seing a sneak shot of this beauty... well done :)

it would be cool having some sort of category for offroaders with these wheels... i think they are in the most enjoyable scale

Wow !! I really really really like this one. Looks like 14 months of building really pays off :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Your video contains what looks like some CAD-images. Does that mean thereá digital file for this model ?

Thank guys for kind words. :blush:

Wow !! I really really really like this one. Looks like 14 months of building really pays off :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Your video contains what looks like some CAD-images. Does that mean thereá digital file for this model ?

Yes. Digital file is available. But some things there I cant solve because intersection of some parts. I also cant attach front shock absorbers to both joint points, because they should bent a little. I am planning to release photo instruction.

But later I will have to do MLCAD instruction for another version of this car. Dont know yet how to do it - only theory....That is a special demand.

Edited by rm8

Love it. Very nicely done. I'm a huge fan of the 40 series Land Cruisers, and you've captured the lines nicely. The removable top and accessories are great.

Back when I lived in the Philippines, our neighbor had a red 40 series just like this (I don't recall if it was a BJ40 or FJ40). I remember riding on the rear jump seats with the radio super loud. Another friend of mine has a yellow FJ40 with 35" tires and a Chevy V8 in it. It's a hoot to drive and sounds awesome. I'd like to get a 40 series one day.

Incredible work! I realy like the PTO and how you can remove the roof and doors.

Looking forward to the instructions and the other versions of this beauty!

That looks great! Great work on the proportions and overall look. I like that it is full technic, allowing easier use of removable parts.

Wow! Instantly reconizeable and packed with functions. I especially like the dashboard – just a few basic elements that really get the spirit of an old school metal dashboard.

A beauty!

perhaps one stud wider would look more proprtional but I understand the limitations of the parts you've used and you probably have to go 3 studs wider to get the same functionality which would ruin the looks....

another one for the 'must make this one day list' (not a very long list though) !