BigCatBoy

[MOC] Toyota Hilux - Back to the Future style

Update: This truck is become far more popular than I expected! Yahoo and Road & Track has ran articles on the build:

Road $ Track:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/news/a24598/this-lego-toyota-pickup-is-better-than-marty-mcflys/

Yahoo:

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/back-future-lego-toyota-4-4-amazing-190026522.html

A little too much complaining from anti-LS engine fans in the comments for those articles. I'd like to thank Eurobricks members for being more open-minded! :) In all honesty, I would have rather put in the standard 4-cylinder engine, but I really wanted to make this truck more unique and have some pure fun with it.

I acquired a new camera and decided to reshoot pictures before uploading. Here are select photos of my build!

15828549590_f85486b2ae_c.jpg

It is built in the same style as my previous builds, model style body with limited technic functions underneath.

15828549900_d6a5c751ae_c.jpg

15830058967_b38439c6c2_c.jpg

Here it is without accessories.

15828550260_755407edff_c.jpg

16015804035_0f22caf2db_c.jpg

The hardest part of the truck to figure out, the front grille. Also, my new camera picks up the dust really well!

15830060107_4a8f84acc7_c.jpg

I like this shot.

15990030246_27971c2126_c.jpg

I forgot to include the icebox and too chest pieces in the bed...

15828398398_4ec600d449_c.jpg

I'm a diesel guy, but I wanted to play around with the idea of a LS1/LT1 conversion for this truck. In the real world, I'd rather get a midsize truck with a diesel engine for biodiesel use.

15393547414_1484474f20_c.jpg

Cozy interior.

15830062057_1323e4ae01_c.jpg

Powertrain.

15393548184_958cfbdb7a_c.jpg

16013843381_d4538b5e1e_c.jpg

I don't have a sneak peek image this time, but there is another truck, a much bigger truck in the works. The truck will include two trailers, but I also wish to showcase the trailer for the F100, too. I may do that in the old F100 and Model A thread. I don't know when I'll finish the bigger truck, but the truck itself and the trailer are both complete. I just have to refine some things and fix the build so they can handle their own weight. Yeah, they're so big that weight is an extreme obstacle right now.

Here is the Flickr album for this truck: https://www.flickr.c...57649338040370/

And, I also have a MOCPages page: http://www.mocpages....home.php/116365

Edited by BigCatBoy

WOW! I love you style man! Kepp building Yota's! :sweet:

And this time excellent quality of photos!

bttf-toyota-628.jpg

Edited by rm8

Too freaking sweet man! I too love your style, keep it up.

I really really love this truck. Great job!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Excellent choice of subject matter, and excellent execution. :thumbup: :thumbup:

This model looks really-really nice. I love the chassis - they way it is build as a separate module and not integrated into vehicle.

Thanks everyone! Glad you guys like it! I loved building this one. I only wish it was more technic style, but maybe that'll come later when I figure out how to build technic trucks.

WOW! I love you style man! Kepp building Yota's! :sweet:

And this time excellent quality of photos!

Thanks! I'm glad I got a new camera for this truck. The camera was meant more for my graphics design work, but it was a no brainer to use for my lego creations.

Very well done! The truck looks really attractive and realistic. Did you also change your avatar? Its very witty,

Thanks! I've used that avatar since I became a member. It was part of a magazine ad for a Fiat 500 Black Jack edition. I thought it was really funny the first time I saw it.

Super, love the way this truck looks :wink: . Also, nice use for the 8285 Metallic Silver wheels, they look spot on !

Thanks! I'm glad I had ten of those silver wheels from a tow truck set I got a while back. I found out the wheels are quite rare these days...

Great Scott! Nice Moc! Very well done!!

Yeah, it's heavy. Thanks!

So cool. It looks like its ready for a drag race with Needles.

Thanks. Would be interesting, with that V8, Marty could maybe beat Needles and avoid hitting the Rolls-Royce!

Thanks again everyone! I'm contemplating submitting this to Lego Ideas, but the truck is the incorrect model to represent the movie truck, and it's a little too fragile for kids to play with. I may have to rebuild the entire truck and sacrifice some asthetics in favor of structural strength, though.