I was thinking of something different to build. Then it came to me, a Tire Changer....

F22691364.jpg

I was like "Totally different and and would be a good build." Then I got to thinking "No, a tire changer that could do Lego (Technic) tires. That would different and AWSOME." But as I start to work on a "rough draft" of the put that breaks the bead of the tire, the small LA is weak. So maybe I'll try pneumatic cylinder to keep a small form. And I'll try the large LA too in a few hours.

This is not exactly my WIP, but a community WIP. Given the difficulty of this concept, everyone's ideas, thoughts, and work would be great. Maybe, together, we can make a tire changer for Lego.

That would be handy for mounting tires on rims too. It should not scratch the rims. :classic:

The assemblely on the side is the hard part. The large LA just has enough power, but it might easier if I could find do something like that triangle piece in Lego.

Good find. Balancing machines typically have their axis of rotation horizontal, so that gravity helps with balancing, to find high/low spot of tire.

If you can get this to work it will be amazing, not sure you will get the clamping forces needed but home you can

That would be cool. The hardest part will be the wedge piece between the tire and the rim on the mounting arm.

You could get mLA to work for the bead breaker, since the bead on a LEGO tire is not to hard.

You could get mLA to work for the bead breaker, since the bead on a LEGO tire is not to hard.

Did that. They are too weak and plus the Lego tires have a lip that sits in s grove on the rim.

Has any one else have a try?

i'll be curious about how you mount them. Unlike tubeless car tyres, you can't just push them over the lip of the rim and then expect them to seat themselves - you've got to get the tyre 'bead' into the wheel groove.

Best wishes with it - I love seeing support equipment being made :)

I can remember building the machine from set 854 when I was a kid, but I was to young to know what it was

I was thinking of something different to build. Then it came to me, a Tire Changer....

F22691364.jpg

I was like "Totally different and and would be a good build." Then I got to thinking "No, a tire changer that could do Lego (Technic) tires. That would different and AWSOME." But as I start to work on a "rough draft" of the put that breaks the bead of the tire, the small LA is weak. So maybe I'll try pneumatic cylinder to keep a small form. And I'll try the large LA too in a few hours.

This is not exactly my WIP, but a community WIP. Given the difficulty of this concept, everyone's ideas, thoughts, and work would be great. Maybe, together, we can make a tire changer for Lego.

So it would pull tires off the car?