sweetsha

Winter Village: Christmas Frozen Fountain

Hi everyone,

Here is my entry for the Expand the Winter Village Contest V - the Christmas frozen fountain :

15823976950_e0fc389ffb_b.jpg

A lovely place for Santa and Gingerbread Man to practice ice-skating :classic:

Below the details of the different elements - I tried to keep the spirit of official winter sets :

Yeti feeding his cat :

15823970900_b8dea53b2d_b.jpg

Holiday elves riding a sledge driven by the fastest penguins of the North pole :

15388964534_05f3b56849_b.jpg

And of course the fountain :

15391615243_32a1865512_b.jpg

Hope you'll like it.

Comments and remarks are welcome :sweet:

Actually there are no penguins in the North Pole. But in a fairy-tale, anything can happen. :wink:

And the sledge looks very cool!

Good looking entry. It looks like plenty of thought has gone into the detailing. I particularly like the greebles you've added to the lower edge of the rink and, of course, the statue at the rear.

Thanks for your comments !

Well I learned something about penguins - let's say these two are travellers ^^

Note - damn I made a mistake while writing this thread's title, now my eyes are bleeding :-/

How can I edit it ? When I edit the main post I cannot change the title.

How can I edit it ? When I edit the main post I cannot change the title.

You can't. I corrected it for you though.

Wow how lovely. Everything looks quite polished if you know what I mean. Great job with the fountain! Working with rounds things is hard and you pulled it off really nicely. Good luck!

Gosh, everyone's entry is better than mine! Tough competition this year. I love all the details, the penguin sled is very well done. The white and the pearl gold really pop. Good luck in the contest!

This is gorgeous!! The arch over the bench is perfect and the penguins too cute.

Great!

And I think the penguins are perfectly alright (all along with Yeti & co).

Good to see how you have created a round fountain (out of all these straight bricks).

Brick on!

Hey really nice MOC sweetsha! I like all that humor you placed in your creation!

Love the penguins! Instantly recognizable and not too big/high.

Could you snap a pic of a half-assembled penguin or of the parts? I'd live to try and put one together myself.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments :classic:

Could you snap a pic of a half-assembled penguin or of the parts? I'd live to try and put one together myself.

Here you are, poor quality pic but it explains how I build them - nothing complicated you just need to own these black tiny curved slope pieces, other pieces are pretty common.

img_2012.jpg

Very creative-- love the Yeti and the archway thing (is there a special name for those?) The fountain just plain rocks.

Lovely round fountain design. There seems to be a clash of ideas between the running water of the fountain and the ice skating, but its still a really fun MOC. The penguins are cool pulling the elves too.

Great work, the concept of a frozen fountain is really neat and you did a good job bricking it! I also really like the use of wings, and that little sled is the perfect shape!