Herky

2X Points Dec 14, 2014

Just wanted to share from the Lego Shop at Home site:

Published 03 December 2014

Exclusive Offer--One Day Only

Shop at the LEGO Store or shop.LEGO.com on Sunday, December 14 and you'll earn DOUBLE the VIP points on all purchases!

Earn a $5 reward for every $50 you spend!

Offer only valid December 14, 2014 at the LEGO Store and shop.LEGO.com.

Not a LEGO VIP member? Sign up today in store or at VIP.LEGO.com to take advantage of this special offer.

thanks to OTW for letting me know, but I agree, too bad not on Jan 1, and Vincent, you might be right, the notice I posted was from the US Lego S@H, so the Netherlands one could be a different date...later in January would be preferable too if you ask me but given this is more than normal, guess we will take it.

I got the Monday 5th January email too... Double points for VIPs who made purchases on the VIP event.

One day only... either in store or online. It just means I'll have to delay picking up Slave 1 and some of the SW and SH wave until 5th but I'm not missing out on double points on £300 worth of spend just to get stuff 4 days earlier.

I got the Monday 5th January email too... Double points for VIPs who made purchases on the VIP event.

One day only... either in store or online. It just means I'll have to delay picking up Slave 1 and some of the SW and SH wave until 5th but I'm not missing out on double points on £300 worth of spend just to get stuff 4 days earlier.

I bought a few things in the VIP event but never got the email :\ Hopefully I'll still be able to get double points since I want to get the Detective's Office and don't mind waiting a few more days as you said.

I have not received an email. Jan 5 would be much better, because of payday and the ability to purchase one of the new sets. My funds are depleted for the moment, therefore Dec 14 is not going to be helpful :hmpf_bad:

It looks like they are trying to stimulate a final push to buy stuff right before the shipping cutoff date for Christmas delivery.

I don't think folks in the US get an email, it is on the S@H website and facebook pages, I have my cart loaded and just need to hit checkout on Sunday now...

And of course as soon as I said this, I get an email...so they did send it out to US as well.

Double points is nice but by this time in the year, I'm all caught up. Maybe army-builder stuff or pick-a-brick might be worth going after.

Picked up my PR - my store was packed as soon as it opened (I got there a couple minutes before they opened) - grabbed the last PR on the shelf because I didn't want to risk asking if they had any more in the back. All the Series 12 figures are GONE... So went to Target and found ONE pig!!

At least one website is reporting that Lego will be offering double points against in the USA on December 21st.

Yes, I just got an e-mail from LEGO, VIP double points on the 21st!

Unfortunately, there's nothing I want or need until January 1st. On top of that, I ordered the Research Institute last week and still haven't received it. Scheduled for delivery Monday Dec 22. I suppose due to the Christmas rush at FedEx and the heavy volume at the Lego DC, things are moving slowly. Usually, FedEx Ground has it to me on the third business day after I order. This time, FedEx handed it off to the post office and I'm looking at a nine day total transit time.

Well, USPS is probably short staffed..they typically only ever have one window open whenever I go in with a Loooooong line.

Either way, I did receive an email too. It seems silly to offer double points that close to Christmas, since I bet most people wouldn't receive it by then. That seems like a quick turnaround time. Much faster than what they usually do.

I got the email today too about another 2X points day on Sunday, 21 Dec. I am tapped out on anything else I want that is actually available right now.

It usually takes 5 days to get a free shipping order to me, if I order on the right day of the week (I am in California). I should get a box this Saturday. Fed Ex has never crunched a box on me yet, they always arrive in perfect condition. I find it interesting following the routes taken to get here from MS, usually would go through Kansas to Salt Lake City then Sacramento, though since the holidays, their routes have been through Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. Better weather maybe...

I have only had a package handed to the USPS when it was a small box. Its not worth Fed Ex's time I guess if its small.