Disco86

CCCXII - Honshū Rice Terrace

Here is another entry for the CCCXII, this time I tried to build something a little bit different. Maybe I got the time to build some more entries this year, hope you enjoy.

The Japanese have been cultivating rice since thousands of years. In the medieval age they began to build terraces at the northern mountains of Honshū, to take advantage of these surfaces' agricultural potential.

15806017398_fcc66dfedd_b.jpg

15373772323_5088c415ba_b.jpg

15993400545_8388135301_b.jpg

15992724912_dac80bbf82_b.jpg

15992724722_aa4fb74e0e_b.jpg

Thanks a lot for your C&C :classic:

Amazing work, Disco :classic: .

The house, the figures and all the techniques are fantastic. And it's really something different for the CCCXII :wink: .

Good luck for the contest.

Edited by Balbo

Very nice, Disco!

The building is nice (especially the panel windows), as is the terrace wall technique. The minifigures are fitting, and I especially like the samurai in the doorway. It is always nice to see the bamboo foliage piece used for bamboo! Nice technique for the flooded rice as well.

The gold seems a little bit out of place on a house in the middle of the rice fields, but it does look nice.

Thanks a ton for your comments, glad you like that creation for being different :wink:

but isn't this your second entry for the same cathegory? (Vineyard plus Rice Terrasse)?

Yes it is my second take on that category, you could enter two builds per category and I just love that one. Got even more ideas, maybe I am going to build some more stuff after the CCC. I especially like builds that produce food or drinks, like a brewery, windmill, distillery, bakery and similar medieval facilities.

It is always nice to see the bamboo foliage piece used for bamboo! Nice technique for the flooded rice as well.

The gold seems a little bit out of place on a house in the middle of the rice fields, but it does look nice.

The bamboo piece is a really good part for building bamboo :laugh:

I agree about the roof, first wanted to build it with tan decoration, but it looked better with golden pieces so it has to the house of a rich farm owner or something like that. Still a little bit unrealistic.

Thanks !

Could you please tell me what the headpiece of the Samurai is?

Unfortunately I don't know it, I bought it long time ago on bricklink and I dont know how it is called and which set it was in. :sceptic: