Sign in to follow this  
colibri

Cute Lego Ideas project, your opinion on western topics?

I came across this cute Lego project I wanted to share with you. I have the impression western themes in general are not so popular? This project is a bit more than just another western topic. What do you think of western themes? Are they in or out?

As to my last thread concerning Goblin Fortress in Lego Ideas I agree with Kodan Black, Lord Dan and the_Cook. What are your comments on Lego Pueblo?

I tried to make a screenshot of one of the pics for you. Hope the quality is good enough, if not, well you got the link: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/74687

Cheers

P.S. I found another interesting project in Lego Ideas which I would like to share with you. I am curious what you will say to that one. In time I will post.

post-128844-0-46343000-1418155038_thumb.jpg

Awesome! It's great to have a nice Indian set that isn't just tipis, as only some tribes used them... It also looks like a really fun set, which isn't entirely revolved around conflict!

Very well done. Pity the picture is so small.

Why are western themes not so popular?

Well, it depends on whom you are asking. I always found the topic interesting and I have seen lots of western. So this may apply to people of my age.

However, my sons are not intrigued at all. Today, people love the Hobbit, etc.

I liked the sets that came with "Lone Ranger" but in the end nobody played with them (no problem, bricks can easily be reused).

I think due to the failure of The Lone Ranger and generally low interest in western topics from younger generations that it is very unlikely to see a theme soon.