lyonfish

(LDD) The LEGO MOVIE-Octan Transport Ship

Emmet and his companies in Lego Movie used this ship when they attacked and entered the building of president business.

This ship also contains the Hyperdrive of Millennium Falcon. (R.I.P.)

Against all angles in movie, it’s almost (tried my best) to be assembled.

(Even in blue-ray movie, most views were not so clear, therefore some combinations and shapes were build up according to the moves of shadows, angels, etc., under my estimation.)

Bricks q’ty: 1187pcs (figs are excluded)

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/88142

15949786116_9b0bae81e3_c.jpg

15353275334_8bdf228316_c.jpg

15788156218_979b19dd8e_b.jpg

15794702680_3807d6a772_b.jpg

15974930462_169fc49258_c.jpg

Visit my FLICKR Gallery https://www.flickr.c...@N02/?details=1

Edited by lyonfish

Did something happen to the Ideas page? I really want this to happen.

Thank you for the LDD.

This is my first time to submit the IDEAS. And my work is just submitted and be waiting for approval to get supports. It is still in the very earlier stage, so the vote is not opened yet. As soon as it's on getting supports phase, please don't forget to give me your support. :)

This is my first time to submit the IDEAS. And my work is just submitted and be waiting for approval to get supports. It is still in the very earlier stage, so the vote is not opened yet. As soon as it's on getting supports phase, please don't forget to give me your support. :)

This must happen. It simply must. There is no other option. I am mailing my bribes to the LEGO Design group now.

This is cool.

Only dissapointed that your model is allowed on Lego Ideas. I put my Batwing up there and got immediately deleted because it is an already existing model and they only want new ideas...?

Have to say the file is a little jankey, some bits accidentaly not mirrored etc, and its very fragile, so while yours is movie accurate, mine is slightly more buildable, however im a rookie MOCer (SECer? someone elses creation?) so many not me used to certain construction techniques.

It never helps that LDD can be very jankey when creating instructions. even though pieces blatantly connect to each other, LDD makes you create some very large pieces, and then you realise you have to add all the Technic pins!

Also the barrels for the engine coves don't actually connect to round 2x2 plates, square playes yes, but round, nope. (the Kragle was the solution MUHAHAHA!!)

1oR9Kh.jpg

ltkUYP.jpg

Also, grey barrels and white velux roof windows pieces were pretty rare. Tamiya XF-19 sky grey, and X2 white (with some X-22 clear (gloss) over the top) worked great

Hi lyonfish,

I've just found this page, but in the ideas supported your project a months ago. It is a really great work, i love this ship from the movie sooo much. I was excited when i saw your comment #5, but i saw it too the file is not available anymore.

Is there a chance to share again the ldd file? :blush:

Thank you& hope to see your other works..

Edited by peterivo

lyonfish do you have the lxf file for Octan spaceship because the link you give is not working and I want to create that in irl

Have a go at reverse engineering it? The disassembled photos provide a good insight to how it was put together and there may be newer parts that simplify parts of it? Good chance to upskill in LDD (my choice) or Studio. 

good job on the model. and i was wondering if i could get the model of the octan ship it would mean a lot to me. its for my brothers upcoming birthday?

2 hours ago, Sirbird21yt said:

good job on the model. and i was wondering if i could get the model of the octan ship it would mean a lot to me. its for my brothers upcoming birthday?

I have that lxf but I'm afraid to post it publicly, but you can dm me on instagram so I can give you the lxf you want, my instagram acc is Kinbricks

i dont have Instagram but i do have discord can u do it there ?

Edited by Sirbird21yt