Having some fun with my 9398 and doing some mostly cosmetic mods. I saw the 'why black?' thread so I thought it might be appropriate to post my all black chassis version of the rock crawler featuring a modified blown v8 of which the base was designed by someone named legomaniacman on youtube.

The plan is to make some kind of crazy mid 50's semi truck body with road warrior style barbs and spears etc. I'm a big fan of the original Road Warrior film and I love the new Fury Road trailer.

I'm working on setting up the motor for the v8 which looks fantastic as it spins. I also want to rig a rumble device to shake the blown motor which will be on a separate IR / remote.

szoWx3q.jpg

It looks cool, but I don't think it will have any kind of terrain abilities, due to 9398's already high center of gravity, and all the weight above it.

All the same though it is pretty mad!! We should have a 'pimp my ride' contest on here where contestants make a lego set ludicrous and over the top!

Thanks! yep going for form over function which is arguably the opposite ideology of a post apocalyptic society. Surprisingly, it crawls just as well as the original model (a bit better since I changed out the gear ratio in the portal hubs) so far. It does kind of spur the imagination and I've been to enough car shows to know that there is always someone out there who goes way way over the top! :-)

To do list:

1. Motor motor and Ir mounted.

2. gear box for 'shaker'

3. flip up mid century Australian truck body.

4. winch, turret, and possibly a place to put poor hostages on the front!

Way over the top, indeed. Although I'm rather a kind of sober and rational guy, I kind of like it! I'm looking forward to see the body.

When looking at the pictures, I just wondered what the extension of the front axle is for. Looks like you're going to add some powered function there?

When looking at the pictures, I just wondered what the extension of the front axle is for. Looks like you're going to add some powered function there?

I thought the same thing but I believe it is just an axle it is crawling over

Yeah, it's another kind of vehicule underside, you can see a wheel :P!

And this motor looks huge, I'm wondering how the balance will be affected xD!

Now that you write it, Nalyd997 and Mikuri, I can see that it's of coure a separate axle. I suspect it's the remains of a poor vehicle the Road Warrior has just devoured ;-)

working on the body.

Engine shaker sort of failed. I may omit the motor for the engine altogether and just put a hand of god setup to spin it.

Orange parts from crawler and unimog.

Un24dmP.jpg

jVt6yKh.jpg

7sxIurO.jpg

Edited by Graydingo

That is ... well ... some sort of interesting design :cry_happy:

ha. yes definitely not for the purists. Exhaust tips were a bit much.

hYdG8S7.jpg

The field of vision for the driver would be interesting

What you can't see, you drive over. Or you hang your head out the window. LOL

Definitely in the rat rod / road warrior realm

Yes sorry about the vid being blocked in some countries. I used Ace of Spades by Motorhead. My next one I'll be sure to upload using my own music. It just seemed to fit the theme. :-) You can bypass youtube blocking by using zenmate plugin for chrome or other to place you in the US or other unblocked country.