Sign in to follow this  
antsiranean

Horizon Express - extended with "passenger ending"

It's time to add some actual content of my own to this forum, even if it is very modest. Gotta start somewhere. I've modded my HE into a variant I haven't seen before. Inspired by the Swedish "X2000" (I have no idea what the train's actual name is), which has a motor wagon in one end, and a passenger wagon with cockpit in the other. Having two engines and just two regular carriages, seemed to be one engine to many. As you notice, I am not at all familiar with train terminology, but hope that you'll excuse that. Or, even better, clarify and correct me.

But, credit where credit's due. Namely to ust60, who's extended HE was the starting point. I copied his bogies brick by brick, since I just couldn't get it right myself. Thanks! He's the man behind this, I just did some rearrangement of bricks on one end of the train, to make it better suit my tast. But I guess that's what Lego is all about: arranging and rearranging bricks...

So here comes a few pics. I hope at least, I don't really know how to post pictures into forums. Well...

post-18019-0-17213800-1418068771_thumb.jpg

post-18019-0-70789700-1418068757_thumb.jpg

And the interior:

post-18019-0-48574500-1418069137_thumb.jpg

Edited by antsiranean

Thanks! I should add that I run it with two PF motors connected to one battery box. Works great, but derails in curves at top speed. Boy, am I looking forward to my 56r curves from ME models!

Nice MOD. It has the same style as the X2000 (except for the jacob bogies) which was tested by Amtrak in America back in the 1990s.

Edited by dr_spock

Nice modification but on the real TGV the back loco is an actual locomotive. Does not matter. Really like modifying of actual shape of the locomotive.

Nice modification but on the real TGV the back loco is an actual locomotive. Does not matter. Really like modifying of actual shape of the locomotive.

Thank you, but remember that this ain't no TGV, it's the Horizon Express!

Thank you, but remember that this ain't no TGV, it's the Horizon Express!

Technically, you can say it ain't no X2000 either since X2000s do not use Jacob bogies between cars. :wink:

Hello Railway friends

It's nice when you get compliments. But I believe that she was not entitled. I have shown in my pictures wagons have remodels. (Extends to have eight knobs). And I showed pictures of my first unsuccessful attempts, and how to do it better. My experience no more.

Your idea is a good idea. I like her very much. My TGV is based on the Ides of Dirk aka "Dirk1313":

http://www.1000stein...d=21616#id21616

and the ideas of Thomas a Swiss colleagues also known as Forex:

http://www.1000stein...280010#id280010

If you make compliments as better to both of them.

Yours sincerely, Udo

Good work, but this is the German ICE which is disgned in this manner!

It does not matter. It is a good and creative idea in my opinion.

So it is now a different train altogether. It is a hybrid :)