Sign in to follow this  
SteveB

Chip's Ice House

Chip's Ice House photos on Flicker

iceback2small.jpg

Hi All,

I recently finished a new building, Chip's Ice House, for my train layout. It is a scratch built "copy" of Woodland Scenic's Chip's Ice House. I really enjoy Woodland Scenic's web site because their models are already "selectively compressed" and finely detailed. I also scratch built "copied" the Meg-A-Watt factory building. I noticed that Jason (j-spears) also built the Barrel Factory from Woodland... :-)

I have been wanting to build this one for over a year and when I saw michaelozzie1's Train2 folder on Flickr I was inspired by the Cargo Loading Shed!

BTW... I totally stole the palette MOC from michaelozzie1!

Thanks all for the inspirations !!!

SteveB

Edited by SteveB

Great looking building! I like the AC unit detail on the roof, those pallets are effective and the lettering is striking.

Not too sure about those non-Lego pieces though :classic:

Not too sure about those non-Lego pieces though :classic:

There's nout wrong with using compatible pieces from other companies. Where do the bricks used for the bellow platform lever come from?

Wow great job, I especially like the sign and the pallets. This is the kind of Lego building you look at from a distance and can't tell if it's Lego or not.

Nice, Woodland Scenics has some nice stuff.

U want crazy stuff check out George Selios and Fine Scale Miniatures

Good looking building

Great ! Your Lego Chip's Ice look much more nice than the original HO one. It's so realistic. When I look at your picture, I was not sure that it was a Lego build.

Amazing detail and very well matched to the original. The color scheme works nicely, and all the small details really add to the overall building.

After looking at the details you added, you gave me an idea of adding an electrical/breaker box to my personal Trackside Workshop / Signal House

Very nice indeed! Love the details and the color scheme is spot on. Any plans for publishing the instructions. I'd love to have this for my layout as well!

Wow! Love the detail! Now I need to go dust off my 20 year-old copy of the Walthers catalog and look for other cool structures to model in Lego. The old Durango Press "Perkins Produce" was an intertesting building. Any chance you have LDD files to share?

Yeah. First: thanks to every one else who wrote compliments to your build, SteveB-- saved me a lot of gratuitous typing. ;-) Second, yeah, wow, fantastic model and very well done photography. Scenic to say the least. Chip's Ice house exudes the quality of design and brick built implementation that you have refined over the last two decades.

A bit out if context, but I took a stroll through your Flickr gallery, and I must say, I am still entranced with your Japanese Garden and ready for a shoot-out at high noon in the Wild West-- or at least hobo on a box car.

Great stuff, SteveB.

Aloha,

James Mathis

Awesome Moc with many beautiful details!

Only one question: what kind of bricks have you used for the basement?

They don't seem standard Lego bricks

They almost look like K'NEX bricks (linky) but I don't think they come in grey. Not 100% sure tho.