Sign in to follow this  
Reekardoo

MOC: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Hello,

Here to present the MOC I posted on ideas.lego - https://ideas.lego.c.../87740/comments

It's all about grand admiral THRAWN and his seat of power :) He is a beloved character from the former STAR WARS' EU. But if you feel like me then this one should become canon as well because there is plenty of room between episode VI and VII.

Hope you like it.

1700779-o_198bgkjm11vj1qac1sk3qm8e217-full.png

Set - It is a pretty simple set. There is a moveable arm console that let's you place a small holocron image. The seat spins 360ยบ because of turntable element underneath the seat. But the main attraction is in fact the minifigure :)

1700353-o_198aafmat1qhc19ge15o21nea1sfrh-full.jpg

Let me know what you think and if it deserves your support or why not :)

Cheers

Edited by Reekardoo

Though I doubt LEGO would accept it as a product, what you have built looks brilliant1 All of those lines and angles must have been tricky, especially since it's in LDD.

Let me know what you think

I'd buy it...

and if it deserves your support or why not :)

Cheers

...so I just supported it on LEGO Ideas.

A figure pack with (besides your MOC) Mara Jade, Pellaeon, a Noghri, Talon Karrde etc would be even better!

(I'd buy anything related to the Thrawn trilogy)

I really like this idea, though I wish Thrawn had a different expression. He's always portrayed as cool and collected in the books. This looks like he is always ready to kill someone for looking at him wrong :laugh:

Agreed on the expression, but it's a very nice build! I'd love an official set with Thrawn, Mara, Karrde, a Noghri... I would just hope it's not based on the comics, since they basically ignored the (admittedly limited) descriptions of the characters from the books.

I have a rough 'decal' design I haven't touched in months sitting on the computer at home, of a stern red-eyed Thrawn face... still need to get clear labels to print it, and perhaps upload it!

Though I doubt LEGO would accept it as a product, what you have built looks brilliant1 All of those lines and angles must have been tricky, especially since it's in LDD.

I once doubted TLG would make a Darth Revan and suddenly it pop out. SOooooo... IT WOULD BE AWESOME to have THRAWN... though I admittedly share some of your concern.

The angles are quite simple as they use the main (hidden) structure to remain stable. Getting to the final idea now... that took me a few hours.

Thanks!

I'd buy it...

...so I just supported it on LEGO Ideas.

A figure pack with (besides your MOC) Mara Jade, Pellaeon, a Noghri, Talon Karrde etc would be even better!

(I'd buy anything related to the Thrawn trilogy)

Thanks! I too am a fan of the THRAWN trilogy... Too bad they removed it from canon... a petition should be started to make it canon again.

Thanks! I too am a fan of the THRAWN trilogy... Too bad they removed it from canon... a petition should be started to make it canon again.

It wouldn't do any good... while we don't know the full names of all characters in TFA yet, we can guess that at least one is the offspring of Han & Leia, and none of the likely candidates really fit the bill for "Jacen" or "Jaina" in age--or name, I imagine.

They've got 30 years to fill between ROTJ & TFA with new, canon material... I'm hopeful that one such story will be a new spin on the Thrawn Trilogy, revised & rewritten to match the new canon, much like Marvel's Ultimate Universe tackled certain classic stories but in different manners that fit the canon of that universe (or Marvel's 616 main continuity revisiting/revising certain old stories to fit into the modern canon). So we may yet see Thrawn, C'baoth, Mara, Karrde, the Noghri, etc appear, but the plots may differ (ysalamiri might not fit in the new canon, and Leia likely won't be pregnant with twins during the tale). But it may be awhile before they get to stuff like that.

It wouldn't do any good... while we don't know the full names of all characters in TFA yet, we can guess that at least one is the offspring of Han & Leia, and none of the likely candidates really fit the bill for "Jacen" or "Jaina" in age--or name, I imagine.

They've got 30 years to fill between ROTJ & TFA with new, canon material... I'm hopeful that one such story will be a new spin on the Thrawn Trilogy, revised & rewritten to match the new canon, much like Marvel's Ultimate Universe tackled certain classic stories but in different manners that fit the canon of that universe (or Marvel's 616 main continuity revisiting/revising certain old stories to fit into the modern canon). So we may yet see Thrawn, C'baoth, Mara, Karrde, the Noghri, etc appear, but the plots may differ (ysalamiri might not fit in the new canon, and Leia likely won't be pregnant with twins during the tale). But it may be awhile before they get to stuff like that.

That would be amazing! They've crushed my hopes for ever including Thrawn, but if they go with your idea, it would sooth my ill feelings towards Lucas a little :grin:

Hey! I just saw this last night when I was scrolling through Ideas

Hope you supported. Thanks!

I really like this idea, though I wish Thrawn had a different expression. He's always portrayed as cool and collected in the books. This looks like he is always ready to kill someone for looking at him wrong :laugh:

I could've used cad bane's head but it wouldn't be quite the same. LEGO can always change the face - and if it reaches 10k and goes into production that is a high probability.