This is the real Warbird, which I took me quite some effort. I spent quite some time researching on the net, and found quite some photos of the spaceship Rocket rode on, but most of them were concept art, not the final version.

I also bought the book "GOTG: Art of the Movie", and it did have some useful images and sketches, but still the older version, which has two pairs of wings. I finally looked at the movie and got some shots of the final Warbird...

20141207-01.jpg

And here it is, the final Warbird, which is part of the Ravager fleet.

15341124814_462472e3e0_c.jpg

The wings are the hardest part since I really want to get the profile as close as the real thing possible. I am glad that it turns out great in the end.

15962748012_df77f0148a_c.jpg

The back is also beautiful, with the twin engine jets.

15961424761_92a4fcf302_c.jpg

I also control its size by comparing its size to the Milano, taking the same ratio of the planes from the book and applying them to the Lego version.

15963402505_40e7df01a4_c.jpg

And you can also see I used some of the sticks from the Raccoon polybag. Perhaps to make it even closer to the real thing, the windshield will need some more special stickers, but I won't do that now, haha! Hope you all like it! :D

Edited by niteangel

Thanks! :D I think I will still work on it a little bit to tweak the profile, but the overall is pretty close to the original. :)

Great looking MOC!

I really like all of the thought and attention to detail you put into it. This is something I've been considering since I saw the movie last year.

Keep up the good work!

Just came across this build and absolutely love it!

I don't suppose you have instructions, lxf or even just more pictures/info on how to build it?