mccoyed

Freebuild: A Nice Rack (Ruadh)

15961121931_662b7ef9b4_z.jpg

One day, a new minotaur lady of some poise and sophistication arrived in Ruadh to see what all the fuss was about. She enjoyed the art, the great music, and the friendly folk but could never quite shake the feeling that she was being watched.

15775817100_a31d16cfb6_z.jpg

If anyone asked, The Brute Squad would probably claim they were just doing their job, checking out the new arrival to make sure she wasn't up to no good (trying to start some trouble in their neighbourhood).

15343468133_8655117205_z.jpg

They weren't trying to be creepy. It's just that, well, they didn't see a lady like this every day.

Edited by mccoyed

Very nice scene, and nice FP reference :grin:

Ditto. :laugh:

Wonderful use of the Brick Warriors minotaur head in relation to the CMF version. It does look more feminine.

Very nice scene, and nice FP reference :grin:

Was hoping someone would get that. :P

Ditto. :laugh:

Wonderful use of the Brick Warriors minotaur head in relation to the CMF version. It does look more feminine.

Yeah, I definitely thought so too. SarahJoy and I agreed that the local minotaurs would use the BW head for females and the CMF head for males.

Hilarious

And a good looking build on top of that!

Thanks Tomsche!

Nice build :) funny back story as well ;)

Thanks Lenjoy!

Haha, brilliant.

Haha thanks, Vit.

You've managed to turn a terrible double-entendre into a remarkably elegant little build, while keeping it humorous. Love it!

The lady minotaur is great -- she oozes urbanity and elegance, and the bejeweled rack is indeed quite nice. The build itself is impressive -- it manages to be both minimal and ornate at the same time, if that makes any sense at all. And the story, with the reveal of the male minotaurs peering through the foliage, totally cracked me up.

Yeah, I definitely thought so too. SarahJoy and I agreed that the local minotaurs would use the BW head for females and the CMF head for males.

You're too modest -- you get all the credit for such a great idea. It turned out really well!

Edited by SarahJoy

Nice build, Mccoyed!

Interesting continuation of the Ruadh Minotaur story! The build is nice as well, especially the bell and bell-tower roof. I am not personally a fan of third-party pieces, but I think you utilize them well!

Funny to see this "rack" thing some more exposure.

Interesting roofing technique too. :thumbup:

Thanks. I wanted to try something with an otherwise conventional build. I haven't got to do many towers, houses, roofs, etc so it was fun to see what I could make work. It looks good?

You've managed to turn a terrible double-entendre into a remarkably elegant little build, while keeping it humorous. Love it!

The lady minotaur is great -- she oozes urbanity and elegance, and the bejeweled rack is indeed quite nice. The build itself is impressive -- it manages to be both minimal and ornate at the same time, if that makes any sense at all. And the story, with the reveal of the male minotaurs peering through the foliage, totally cracked me up.

You're too modest -- you get all the credit for such a great idea. It turned out really well!

Thanks, SarahJoy. My wife loved the use of Storm's torso with the rest of the fig's ensemble and I had to admit that it was an inspired choice so maybe I'm not that modest after all. :P

Nice job! And entertaining story! :classic:

Thanks Jakorin!

Nice build, Mccoyed!

Interesting continuation of the Ruadh Minotaur story! The build is nice as well, especially the bell and bell-tower roof. I am not personally a fan of third-party pieces, but I think you utilize them well!

Thanks, Sleg! I love 3rd party pieces, personally. But I think they are occasionally overdesigned and don't fit well with actual Lego. It depends. I try to put thought into it when I use them as I think brick-built solutions can often be more fun. I wouldn't say I regret any of my 3rd party purchases, but I have definitely found fewer uses for some than others so there's that. I do have an idea that absolutely won't work without a third party armor piece from BrickWarriors, though. That's for the Category C challenge so hopefully I'll have time to get working on that soon.

That tower in the corner looks great! The use of that lady minotaur is so epic! Are there babies coming soon? =)

Superb build mccoyed. This is a very aesthetic scene, the colors and architecture work very well. The garden area and that wall look great!

That tower in the corner looks great! The use of that lady minotaur is so epic! Are there babies coming soon? =)

Haha thanks! And who knows, perhaps lady minotaur isn't taken yet...

Yep!

Right on!

Superb build mccoyed. This is a very aesthetic scene, the colors and architecture work very well. The garden area and that wall look great!

Thanks ME. I wanted to do more with the garden area. Another time!

Excellent Kaliphlin architecture! The blue and gold accents look great :thumbup:

Thanks SK. It's really fun to build Kaliphlin every now and then. I should try a few things in the other Guilds too. Can be good to get away from the rocks and snow every now and then, plus it's winter in Canada so I find myself wanting to build in the sun.

Haha nice build and story. Need to be continued!������

I have some ideas about continuing haha.

Nicely done! Great job with the lady minotaur!

Thanks Mike S!

What a interesting combination of strange minifigs with curious situation and a nice tower. Congrats!

Great job man, the variation on the minatours looks perfect, and the building has a nice Kaliphlinian pavilion feel. :thumbup:

Thanks. Definitely was going for that!

What a interesting combination of strange minifigs with curious situation and a nice tower. Congrats!

Haha. Strange and curious eh?

Ah cool! Nice tower!

Thanks! This is just a part of the structure. Behind what we can see is a catwalk and stairway leading up to the bell part! It's an alarm bell for Ruadh. I should have built the whole thing I had in mind but was trying to keep the focus on the minotaur hijinx.