Plo Koon

~Free Pirate Lego MMO in the making! ARR!~

sfmbannercopycopy.jpg

I AM SORRY

Unfortunately, since I am only 15 years old, I am under the command of my parents... I've been studying for my drivers test and failed it twice(cause I didn't read the book). Over the past 4 days I've been studying and I was in San Francisco for a day. My parents decided to take my monitor cable away, disabling me from working on WoD and informing you of why I was gone. I'm sorry on behalf of my parents. I will work I disagree off the next couple days to release it, I am serious about this project, thank you.

-Plo Koon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------Info-------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspired by Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean 3, me a and a few others are working on a new Free Pirate MMOARPG(Massive Multilayer Online Action Role Playing Game)

Name: SFM III: Wake of Destiny

Forums(This will be the main place to get the game): http://www.wakeofdesinty.co.nr

Expected release date: August 5th

About: You are a lego guy/girl. Choose your path by your actions. If ye be a pirate, rack up the deadliest bounty anyone e'r saw. If ye be a Imperial, be sure to hunt down pirates and claim a very high reward(depending on how much the bountied criminal is worth :skel1: ).

---------------------------------------Features----------------------------------------

Guaranteed Features:

-Build anywhere in the game's world with a large selection of bricks.

-Flintlock Pistol, Musket, Cutlass, Blunderbuss(new lego piece), grenade(new lego piece), knife, throwing knives. (Each weapon will have different ranks- cheap-medium-expensive.)

-ALL WEAPONS NOW USE LEGO PIECES INSTEAD OF REALISTIC LOOK

-Team and Team Spawns- make teams, whether the team is for your clan or just a temporary team, make a fort and put a team spawn for your team to start out in.

-Rum (To heal you *y* )

-Lego Row boats- use these to find new islands, travel around in the ocean etc. (hoping to put in some kind of weapon for people to shoot with).

-World map- Huge world to play on.

-mining and cutting down trees for money-

-Customizable minifig-

-Bounty System- (soon to change to guaranteed, hopefully)-

-Money Saves-

-more that I wont talk about for now-

Not so Guaranteed Features:

-Saved Inventory(We need this, though I'm not sure if I can get it in by the deadline :/)

-Leveling system-

-Position saver(though with team spawn it doesn't matter)-

---------------------------------------Goodies----------------------------------------

Sneak Peek Video: (OUTDATED)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v31wn9nXc0w

Screenies:

background-3.png

That's the background of the menu screen.

screenshot_00101copy.jpg

There's a nice shot of me building :), though in the final version we may only allow you to build boats, we Aren't 100 percent sure yet.

screenshot_00114.png

Little pic of the island

screenshot_00116.png

Another nice pic

screenshot_00121.png

Couple of palms

Edited by Plo Koon

Hmm... So, just a question: For those of us who like Imperials, will they be able to be played as?

The idea is good, but I think a pirate with a sniper is kinda... odd, especially in the golden age of piracy!

And a question: Don't you need permission of Hans Zimmer, or whoever has the copyright to use the POTC music for a game?

The Graphics are good BTW!

Mr Tiber

This looks exciting!

Is there any support that the Pirate Forum and Classic-Pirates.com can offer you?

this is very nice *wub*

I'll play it for certain, any chance you can play as soldiers?

I'd love to see a game where you play as a napoleonic soldier, and have to fire once, wait 20 sec and for the rest use your bayonet *wub*

TT

wow, I got much better feedback than I expected. Okay, as far as playing as soldiers, keep in mind, since this was a lego game, I got the privelage of being able to have easy minifig customization. If you want to be a british/american/spanish soldier, simply dress up in the appropriate attire. We have a lot of customizations that the player can choose from. This game features a bounty system. The more innocent blood you spill, the more money you make, but beware, people are going to want to kill you for your bounty, which can rack up pretty fast.

As far as what the forums can do for me. The best thing you can do is helping me spread the word about this game. We are on a strict deadline of August 2nd-4th because of school and the development crew all has school to worry about. It's hard for me to find the time to do advertising though I do squeeze it in as it's one of the most important things. This is a very active forums, and any support from these forums would be the most help I could get.

I will continue to reveal things to you guys, since you have shown much interest.

Ps: to the dude who talked about Hanz Zimmer- That music was displayed in the trailer, that had nothing to do with the music that MIGHT be in the game, I'm not 100 percent sure If I'll be adding music. No, it was not illegal for me to use the music in that free video, it's done millions of times on other videos, and btw, Hanz Zimmer Pwns.

-Plo

Edited by Plo Koon

wow, I got much better feedback than I expected. Okay, as far as playing as soldiers, keep in mind, since this was a lego game, I got the privelage of being able to have easy minifig customization. If you want to be a british/american/spanish soldier, simply dress up in the appropriate attire. We have a lot of customizations that the player can choose from. This game features a bounty system. The more innocent blood you spill, the more money you make, but beware, people are going to want to kill you for your bounty, which can rack up pretty fast.

Attire dosn't make the man, so could you not just dress up as a British Soldier, but be one? As in, instead of "spilling innocent blood", you fight pirates? At the main menu you choose to be a Royal Navy Commodore, and gain funds for how well you defend the innocent (;-)) or a Pirate? Perhaps, you could be a merchant, not fighting but taking your ship to far away lands to trade, and gaining funds forom trading? That way you could be what you want, and whatever you do, you get money!

As for killing other gamers at random, how 'bout these alternatives:

1) You can agree to a duel and fight, while others watch

2) In a Jugle area, there is a warning that if you enter, you can kill or be killed. An area where you can go if you want to fight, or not go to if you don't want to fight.

3) (If there would be ships) you and an opponent could track each-other down and fight at sea. BUT! The tracking down to fight has to be a mutual thing.

Edited by Norrington

As far as what the forums can do for me. The best thing you can do is helping me spread the word about this game. We are on a strict deadline of August 2nd-4th because of school and the development crew all has school to worry about. It's hard for me to find the time to do advertising though I do squeeze it in as it's one of the most important things. This is a very active forums, and any support from these forums would be the most help I could get.

What do you mean by deadline? Is that the date the project has to be submitted or will the development crew no longer be able after that?

We could advertise it in the July Newsletter or the frontpage of Classic-Pirates.com, but we don't want to advertise something unless we can guarentee that it will be available at some point in the future. So in otherwords we don't want to raise false hopes over a project that never gets completed.

What do you mean by deadline? Is that the date the project has to be submitted or will the development crew no longer be able after that?

We could advertise it in the July Newsletter or the frontpage of Classic-Pirates.com, but we don't want to advertise something unless we can guarentee that it will be available at some point in the future. So in otherwords we don't want to raise false hopes over a project that never gets completed.

1. The deadline is the time that I can no longer work on the project, this guarantees a release, but doesn't guarantee all of the features I want in it by the release date(though I could just add them a month later when I can get back on). but we are 99.999 percent sure we can make the deadline with NO problems at all.

2. This kinda has to do with what I posted above. If we don't release our countless hours of work would be a complete waste so there WILL be a release, we've just worked TOO hard. Whether or not we can put in EVERYTHING we wanted will still be left to see, but it will be awesome none the less.

1) You can agree to a duel and fight, while others watch

2) In a Jugle area, there is a warning that if you enter, you can kill or be killed. An area where you can go if you want to fight, or not go to if you don't want to fight.

3) (If there would be ships) you and an opponent could track each-other down and fight at sea. BUT! The tracking down to fight has to be a mutual thing.

To comment about Classes- We feel that classes may intrude on the overall purpose of the game. Most Pirates didn't just become Pirates, POOF. They became pirates because they had no alternative, they were respectable traders, privateers, and even noblemen. Such occurrences were never made so blatant as Sir. Francis Drake(who was one of the most successful Pirates, yet was awarded for his actions, I wish I were him.) Many of these high class men lost belief in the "upright" government and sought to overthrow them, or at least give them a run for their money.

So you see, Giving them a distinct choice between right and wrong shouldn't be the option, if they find that they aren't making enough money to gain the precious "Metal Arms," or can't make enough money to finish their boat, they have no alternative but to give in to piracy. The choice makes all the difference in how you play.

1) The problem with that is that it's just too hard to get cooperation online so that game play runs smoothly, though it is a nice idea.

2) I was thinking of doing this, perhaps I will. Though I wont have a warning- You'll just know that can fight cause you wont be able to draw swords in the city, though that does take the fun out of fighting in Tortuga :/.

3) I am very glad you said IF THERE WILL BE, because that is the hardest feat for the game engine we are using, the only kind of ship we can make that will really work is a rowboat-sailboat, which the player can make their own using bricks, save them, and load them up any time they want. Also, roaming the seas wont really be a possibility, if we link the levels together, it would have to be done by gates- lag is the biggest problem in this avenue.

You see, it's about what a scripter can do, and what a scripter can't do. All these ideas are great, but chances are, they're just too difficult to put to script in game.

PS: I gave you guys something to read about the plot, it may answer many questions as to why they have advanced weapons.

Edited by Plo Koon

1. The deadline is the time that I can no longer work on the project, this guarantees a release, but doesn't guarantee all of the features I want in it by the release date(though I could just add them a month later when I can get back on). but we are 99.999 percent sure we can make the deadline with NO problems at all.

We could first advertise it on the frontpage of Classic-Pirates.com and then again in the August newsletters but that won't be until after the deadline.

We could first advertise it on the frontpage of Classic-Pirates.com and then again in the August newsletters but that won't be until after the deadline.

Both would be great, advertising isnt something that should ONLY be done before it's released ya know?

So you see, Giving them a distinct choice between right and wrong shouldn't be the option, if they find that they aren't making enough money to gain the precious "Metal Arms," or can't make enough money to finish their boat, they have no alternative but to give in to piracy. The choice makes all the difference in how you play.

I'm not saying that one is right and one is wrong. Pirates and the Navies had noble reasons for the things they did... How 'bout there are two classes Navy, and Pirates, both have their own quest type things, Navies can track down and kill NPC pirates, and Pirates will attack NPC Merchants, but for each one you go after something specific, but for each you get the same amount of gold.

In other words: You can choose Navy or Pirates, you do quests, but for each one you get money, and everyone gets the same to eliminate that problem.

Well, going more in-depth as to why i couldn't get on RTB, the internet on my PC keeps turning off and back on. Thanks, comcast.

Lol, I hate when that happens, I used to have comcast, it seemed a bit better than verizon though. Verizon doesn't go down nearly as much as comcast though.

Edited by Plo Koon

Both would be great, advertising isnt something that should ONLY be done before it's released ya know?

Yes, I'm well aware of that having recently released Classic-Pirates.com and any promoting or advertising is appreciated (so feel free to do so X-D ), however, you haven't really provided us any details in regards to the distrubition of Wake of Destiny. You've mentioned that your development deadline is August 2nd-4th but haven't provided any details as to when or how people can play it. I realise there is some information on your forums but it would probably be benefital to include those details in the first post of the thread for reader convenience.

Yes, I'm well aware of that having recently released Classic-Pirates.com and any promoting or advertising is appreciated (so feel free to do so X-D ), however, you haven't really provided us any details in regards to the distrubition of Wake of Destiny. You've mentioned that your development deadline is August 2nd-4th but haven't provided any details as to when or how people can play it. I realise there is some information on your forums but it would probably be benefital to include those details in the first post of the thread for reader convenience.

Okay, I added a bit of what it's about in the first post.

Excellent! Its public release date would probably be benefital and a link to where it can be downloaded/played would be good after its launched.

I'll frontpage it on Classic-Pirates.com saying its currently under development. This way Google will be able to spider the information and increase the probabilty of someone finding it.

Excellent! Its public release date would probably be benefital and a link to where it can be downloaded/played would be good after its launched.

I'll frontpage it on Classic-Pirates.com saying its currently under development. This way Google will be able to spider the information and increase the probabilty of someone finding it.

Wow awesome, can't say how appreciative I am. I'll definately be sure to update the front page more often, with power comes great responsibility(dunno how much that saying has to do with this but it sounds cool right?). As a bit of a thanks, when I get my next alpha version out(possibly 3-4 days), I'll be sure to send you the link so you can give it to your forum staff buddies if they want it.

Don't mention it Mr Kloon as we're happy to help!

Unfortunately Pirate LEGO doesn't have a strong online presence (not like Classic Castle for example) so Classic-Pirates.com will gladly assist other Pirate LEGO themed websites, but its logical for these websites to do the same for Classic-Pirates.com in return. If all the Pirate LEGO websites band together we can build a stronger online community and that will benefit Pirate LEGO fans everywhere! *y*

Don't mention it Mr Kloon as we're happy to help!

Unfortunately Pirate LEGO doesn't have a strong online presence (not like Classic Castle for example) so Classic-Pirates.com will gladly assist other Pirate LEGO themed websites, but its logical for these websites to do the same for Classic-Pirates.com in return. If all the Pirate LEGO websites band together we can build a stronger online community and that will benefit Pirate LEGO fans everywhere! *y*

Yea, well, when the game comes out, I'll be sure to make a nice big thanks to you guys. :) *y*

Edited by Plo Koon

I'll play this thing all august I think...

finally a game wich lets you fire with a musket and recharges as it should be... (do you also need 15 secs or more to reload your musket?)

How about us classic-pirates imperial fans start a french/english clan?

This will be great...

TT