SeanJFry

Modular Office MOC

I have been working on an office / apartment building to go with my official sets, and have got the main parts done.

The ground floor has the main entrance with an office either side of the entry, and a central staircase going up to the two apartments on the first floor.

Here is the street view

15924392366_0b888d36c8_b.jpgOffice_01

A high shot.

15762877340_9d266c544a_b.jpgOffice_03

Mrs. Scratchen is going to live in one of the apartments and she is inspecting it along with her cat.

This next photo below gives a hint of what one of the offices may be.

15948222061_b53d53d31d_b.jpgOffice_04

An overview of the ground floor. I will be fitting out the offices this weekend.

15327962344_2813efd935_b.jpgOffice_05

And here it is in the street next to the posh restaurant and the cool cinema.

15330550373_ef40479497_b.jpgOffice_02

This is my third attempt at a modular MOC and the first one I'm happy with (the other two have been demolished).

I used a bunch of parts from 3 bike shop / cafe sets to get started with this, and the dark red bricks from that set was the inspiration for the colour scheme.

Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Thanks for taking a look.

Nice work 'SeanJFry', I look forward to seeing the interiors plus I'm worried about the poor puddy tat up on that ledge. :wink:

Brick On 'SeanJFry' ! :grin:

I really like the facade. From the front view it looks like you need a row of red/white bricks above the top windows to make it a little more in proportion. You have them above the lower floor but not the top.

edit. I notice they are there but they are white. Have you tried them in the red(middle brick and the plate? Thats if you didn't want to add another row.

Edited by Wookiee

Nice work 'SeanJFry', I look forward to seeing the interiors plus I'm worried about the poor puddy tat up on that ledge. :wink:

The little cat is very agile :)

Looks great!

I really like the facade. From the front view it looks like you need a row of red/white bricks above the top windows to make it a little more in proportion. You have them above the lower floor but not the top.

edit. I notice they are there but they are white. Have you tried them in the red(middle brick and the plate? Thats if you didn't want to add another row.

You are right Wookiee. I was running low on bricks and didn't think I could do another row. I managed to find enough dark red to do one more row (although temporarily using some plates) along the front which I think improves it.

Picture below

15331003043_afc5dc7542_b.jpgOffice_06

Great work, I like it a lot. The facade and the entrance look especially nice.

Hope to see some interior.

Maybe something on the roof to break the straight line in the row of houses (see the last pic)?

Airco unit, aerials, maybe a small entrance from top floor to roof?

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Yes the last pic is an improvement to the proportion. If you use white cheese slopes on top of grey plates above all second level windows i think it would be smick.

Edited by Wookiee

Yes the last pic is an improvement to the proportion. If you use white cheese slopes on top of grey plates above all second level windows i think it would be smick.

Idd, but nevertheless an awesome office!!!

it looks fantastic, the colours and detail are terrific

I remember when modulars were 3 stories tall :classic:

Very nice modular building. I have never seen a number of building , 5 here ! It's a very good idea !

May be only one railing centered instead of 2 would be better on the 2 windows of the 1st floor, but it's a personal opinion :wink:

Nicely done. I like the overall look. I like the last picture more than the previous. I was going to mention having it slightly taller with dark red would help, and it does.

I don't love the inverted slopes on the ground floor underneath the second floor. It feels off. Maybe centering them differently?

The rest looks good. I really like the simplicity of the entrance with the slopes in dk bley and the white curved slopes front/center on the awning.

Keep up the good work. As you can see in my signature, I chose to do a Modular in dark red at one time too. Although I went darker colors instead of white. Interesting to see the differences.

I like the colour scheme of your building SeanJFry. Will be great once you get the interior going. I was wondering about the first floor. The 1x4 bricks with the inverted slope I was thinking should be removed and use the similar technic from the second floor to add to its symmetry. Would it be better to utilize the same slope for the front door roofing all the way to the wall instead of a larger base in behind it?

All in all you did an excellent job with this. Definitely has the right feel next to the other buildings.

Edited by Wodanis

Nice! Great colour scheme and details on the facade, especially the front entrance. Adding the extra row of dark red really makes the second floor stand out in its own right.

Looking forward to seeing an interior!

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. I think I can improve the facade a little more and will use the suggestions as some guidance.

For the moment I have been working on fitting out the first office.

Overview of Office 1

15769484809_0fa2dc4ffd_b.jpgOffice_07

Hard at it working on the latest scoop.

15768228870_fc71097bb0_b.jpgOffice_08

The deadline is approaching. Can they finish in time for the afternoon edition?

15955498715_958ae144cc_b.jpgOffice_09

A well stocked kitchen is essential. Pizza and coffee. What else do you need? Looks like someone is a train enthusiast.

15953539721_27dd08f237_b.jpgOffice_10

It's a good thing they don't have far to go to the printers!

15953542801_b0a6291cf1_b.jpgOffice_11

More to come tomorrow!

Edit. forgot to tile the floor!

15769623529_28a80cd656_b.jpgOffice_12

Edited by SeanJFry

Really great build, fits in with the others very well, could make a very good set. The length variation is also very nice.

Nicely done, the exterior goes very well fitting in with other Modulars!

Thanks!

I like it a lot, especially after that additional row of dark red

Yes. The extra row has made a big difference.

Really great build, fits in with the others very well, could make a very good set. The length variation is also very nice.

Thanks! I'm not sure what you mean by 'length variation' though.

I have made a few minor adjustments to the facade, and completely redid the stairs and first floor apartment layouts - unfortunately they are still not done yet!

I've also mucked around with decals. They can be a bugger.

Front view. I did a few small changes.

15342570484_2f3baaee9e_b.jpgOffice_16

Elevated view

15962864101_491665369c_b.jpgOffice_14

Street view next to the restaurant and Cinema.

15964188542_04ba18cb96_b.jpgOffice_13

15779122567_77eb03e453_b.jpgOffice_15

And finally, someone's got a new album!

15964840085_066cb09e21_b.jpgOffice_17

Edited by SeanJFry

Wow! This is fantastic! The colour scheme is very cool. And I like the usage of the plate with technic hole in the white frame around the windows of the first floor!

This is really great work. LOVE that entryway. I am impressed how this looks like a dark red building yet the majority of it is actually white. Very clever build.

The interior and exterior fit in very nicely with the TLG modulars however I have one major issue with this MOC.

That is no way to carry a pizza. Bad deliveryfig.