It was a beautiful summer day in Mitgardia. The dwarf on guard atop the wall certainly thought so, as he smiled benignantly upon the snow studded landscape as far his the eye could see. And so thought the Mitgardian soldier snaking through the underground passage, though for different reasons, for he could not see a foot in front of him. In fact, the reason he thought so because it seemed as though he would finally accomplish what he had been attempting for the last fortnight, namely, making his entrance into the dwarven fortress before him. He had been charged by Sir Uridius Dratiphe to gather as much information as possible about the dwarven plans. It was by now a well known fact that the dwarfs were planning to invade Avalonia, but where and how they would cross the border was the question. Suddenly he ran into something hard, just under the wall. He was about to give vent to his frustration when he heard voices in front of him. Creeping forward silently, he put his ear against the wall and listened.

Category%20A%20Entry%20%281%29.JPG

On the other side of the wall in the castle's underground council chamber (dwarfs will do such things, you know!) a few of the leading dwarfs were having a council. "We are honored to have you here general," said the governor, "what news do you bring us from the frontier?" "All going well, mayor, our brethren are gathering weapons all along the border. In a few days all will be prepared for the attack. Best of all, Elon and all his men have not the slightest idea of our plans!"

Category%20A%20Entry%20%282%29.JPG

Additional wall pic:

15790861919_834a575299_z.jpg

My entry to Category A of Challenge III

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome!

Great build, the underground chamber looks appropriately dwarf sized and got to love that wall technique! I feel sorry for the soldier in the hole when it comes to going back though... doesn't look to me as though there's enough room to pass even a mouse!

Thanks all!

Really great build :) I like the guy spying in the tunnel :)

Thanks IenjoyLego! :classic:

Lovely build Garmadon!

You used 1x1 round tile to flip over the torches, right?

Thanks! Yes, the flames connection is stronger that way (and I think it looks better) :wink:

Great build, the underground chamber looks appropriately dwarf sized and got to love that wall technique! I feel sorry for the soldier in the hole when it comes to going back though... doesn't look to me as though there's enough room to pass even a mouse!

Thanks Kai! Ha, ha yes, the mouse had better get out of the way if it doesn't want to get run over :laugh:

Very nice build Garmadon. The layering of the earth is natural and effective, and the culmination of scenes/landscapes fit together nicely :thumbup:

Nice build Garmadon, great take on this challenge! The light snow-covered landscape looks good as does the tunnel and council chamber. I love the Mitgard soldier's dedication too, to dig all that way without even a trowel!

Great build, Garmadon!

I like the idea for the spy, though I know I would be extremely claustrophobic in his position! The wall and landscape look great, as does the dwarven council. The inner wall color and texture is realistic, as is the layered dirt colors under the landscape.

Very nice build Garmadon. The layering of the earth is natural and effective, and the culmination of scenes/landscapes fit together nicely :thumbup:

Thanks Scaevola!

Nice build Garmadon, great take on this challenge! The light snow-covered landscape looks good as does the tunnel and council chamber. I love the Mitgard soldier's dedication too, to dig all that way without even a trowel!

Thanks MassEditor, yes, he is one dedicated soldier! :wink::laugh:

Great build, Garmadon!

I like the idea for the spy, though I know I would be extremely claustrophobic in his position! The wall and landscape look great, as does the dwarven council. The inner wall color and texture is realistic, as is the layered dirt colors under the landscape.

Thanks Slegengr, it does look rather uncomfortable :look:

Haha, that looks crowded. Excellent build.

Thanks Vitreolum! :classic:

Eheheh great, love it! Nice little detail on the torches. Gonna borrow that one ;)

Thanks Ces! Go ahead :wink:

Very nice entry! That spy is very cool!

Thanks Alfadas!

Nice idea, well executed.

Edited by Garmadon

That is a great build, I like the layering in the tower and under the ground. The wall is very imposing despite being just a tiny slice. You captured the feeling very well.

Great build! The cross-section approach is really effective.

Thanks Sarah!

That is a great build, I like the layering in the tower and under the ground. The wall is very imposing despite being just a tiny slice. You captured the feeling very well.

Thanks! The wall turned out better than I expected for being only 10 studs long :wink:

A superb build! Everything looks great, from the dirt layering to the interior :thumbup: My only complaint is that we don't get to see the wall from the front, what I can see from the end is pretty neat, but I'd love to see the front :classic:

Nice build but I'm just a little concerned with the little tunnel the spy is in. I get the impression the land above it would just collapse on the guy, especially since there doesn't appear to be any supports holding up the land above him, similar to what mine-shafts have. It also doesn't look deep enough, in my opinion.

Nice build but I'm just a little concerned with the little tunnel the spy is in. I get the impression the land above it would just collapse on the guy, especially since there doesn't appear to be any supports holding up the land above him, similar to what mine-shafts have. It also doesn't look deep enough, in my opinion.

Hmm, I had thought of that, but as it is a rather small tunnel I don't think he will have any problem with the dirt collapsing :classic:

A superb build! Everything looks great, from the dirt layering to the interior :thumbup: My only complaint is that we don't get to see the wall from the front, what I can see from the end is pretty neat, but I'd love to see the front :classic:

Thanks SK! I was debating whether or not to take more pics to get a good one of the wall, so I kept the wall together in case I wanted to take more pictures :wink:

15357247843_fd7c520507_z.jpg

Edited by Garmadon

Thanks for the picture. I like the gold decorations and the buttresses :thumbup:

Thanks SK :classic:

Nice, I like the wall infill, and great work with the tunnel!

Nice, I like the wall infill, and great work with the tunnel!