gdugaucquier

MOD/MOC Hobbit Characters

Hi I since we are missing some characters, I made them myself. most of them are not yet finished. Tips and comments are more than welcome.

15750409990_95f79189c8_n.jpgBeorn and his bearform.

15937042092_deb709a776_n.jpgGimli and his father (during the Counsel of Elrond).

15937042352_80ee73fd9f_n.jpgThror and Thrain

15750410890_82de242514_n.jpgGaladriel with a crown and girly hair.

15750410930_c5206faea1_n.jpg Thranduil with a silver crown.

Amazing! :classic:

The figures look fantastic, i really love all of them! Especially Beorn (Bear) and Thror are awesome!

Fantastic work! just what we needed :laugh:

Please please PLEASE try to make Thorin in his final battle robe!

Great work! All of them are stunning, but like some others before I think Thror is Number One;-)

Do you make the beards/accessoires/everything all by yourself?

Fantastic job!

They looks just like they do in the video-game :)

Seeing these makes me wish even more that lego had made these dwarves too

Thanks!

I took parts from the official LEGO (the hair of Saruman for the beard of Thror, Beorns hair for the bear, a combination of Gimli and Gloin for Thrain) and than "melted" them together using aceton. I also melted some abs in aceton so i could use it to fill the little holes.

Well done sir. This just highlights even more acutely how The Lonely Mountain should have been basically identical, but set in the Prologue of AUJ and included Thror, Thrain, 2x Dwarves of Erebor (recolor Gimli's helm), young Balin, and maybe toss Girion in there as well.

(armored Balin and armored Dwalin are pretty irrelevant, and armored Fili/Kili ought to have been put in a Battle of Five Armies set).

Well done sir. This just highlights even more acutely how The Lonely Mountain should have been basically identical, but set in the Prologue of AUJ and included Thror, Thrain, 2x Dwarves of Erebor (recolor Gimli's helm), young Balin, and maybe toss Girion in there as well.

(armored Balin and armored Dwalin are pretty irrelevant, and armored Fili/Kili ought to have been put in a Battle of Five Armies set).

I wouldn't call them irrelevant, along with Thorin, Fili, and Kili they are the most important Dwarves because of their history with Thorin.

Wow, your custom pony is really cool :classic: .

Great job!

Edited by Balbo

Is Thranduil's sword meant to be Orcrist? It looks just like it.

After seeing Sting and the Uruk Hai sword, I was disappointed that there weren't more film accurate weapons.

Yes and no. I printed (3D) a sword and that was meant to be Orcrist. I liked it and i printed it again, made it smaller and decided to use it for Thranduil.

These are all absolutely BRILLIANT! I'd sure love to see some how-to's! As in where to cut, what paint you used, etc. I'm usually a purist, but I am willing at times to alter some pieces, and I think these are all worth it!