Sign in to follow this  
Commander Beltar

[SoNE Episode VII] At the Table-Before the Storm

This is my first actual episode so this is a first. I used lots of SNOT in the two builds. The Present scene doesn’t have too much so I’m considering redoing it. Anyways, here is the build:

Present Scene

15776929357_c5563298de.jpg

15775369030_6100519d87.jpg

Overview(s)

15776930317_0240cb9213.jpg

During Lunch break:

Sargent Ben: So Beltar, Why do you carry that rusty old '35 Memory Unit around with you? I mean that thing hasn't been in use since the clone wars.

Beltar: I know, if you want to know the story its a long one.

Sargent Ben: I'm patient.

Beltar: Okay, So my father was a colonel in the Clone Wars, during one of the outer rim invasions, he was trapped on a planet after in his words ''The southern hemisphere was lost, and our space forces retreated." And so the clone commander with him gave him the memory unit with who knows what on it and was told to retreat. And he did.

Sargent Ben: Wait. You have no idea whats on that '35?

Beltar: Well.. I only have been able to find some things on it, most of it is encrypted.

Now onto the Past Scene:

(That is Colonel Beltar, not Imperial Beltar)

15776631289_76f5411748.jpgPast Scene 2.0

15961990612_1140fa19aa.jpgPast Scene 2.0

Command Center

15775363420_e9317a06cf.jpgPast Scene 2.0

Recieving the 35 Unit

15961987522_3b39205585.jpgPast Scene 2.0

There’s a lot more photos on my flickr, including the story part for the past scene.

And I think I will redo my present scene, but I don't know what to make for it.

~Beltar

Oh, and also, you see "At the Table" but not "Before the Storm" That part will probably be made in my next Freebuild after I redo the present scene. In the story for the past scene the storm is a battalion of droids is heading towards them forcing Colonel Beltar to retreat with the unit.

Edited by Commander Beltar

Looks good, particularly love the ancestor scene. Nice use of the ice planet in the command centre, and good borders.

Hail Empire! :thumbup:

I like the past scene with the command center feel and the wrecked droids. The present scene is minimal, but I think with the small size and the concept of it really being a set up for the past scene, it works. I wasn't sure if the dotted line was a road or what at first. Maybe spin the scene 180 and add a wall or something in the background to set the location better?

Looks good, particularly love the ancestor scene. Nice use of the ice planet in the command centre, and good borders.

Hail Empire! :thumbup:

Thanks! The ice plannet was the only piece that could remotely look like a hologram when I looked for one.

I like the past scene with the command center feel and the wrecked droids. The present scene is minimal, but I think with the small size and the concept of it really being a set up for the past scene, it works. I wasn't sure if the dotted line was a road or what at first. Maybe spin the scene 180 and add a wall or something in the background to set the location better?

Thanks for the input! I have now added a wall to give it more 'life?' And I do now see that the wall helps it quite a bit.

~Beltar

Wow! I like the wall. I think you will be ranking up pretty fast, Commander Beltar! This is a very high-quality set of builds you have presented here. The only thing I can suggest is to have an Imperial-looking droid, whether astromech, mouse, or, if you're so lucky as to have one, a black protocol droid, walking by the table during the present scene, to make it a little less static.

Very clean and sharp looking builds. I do have a few complaints and suggestions if you're open to them. On the present scene. I'm not sure what your supply is like, but what about building up that wall and dangling a tie fighter above the table? It's hard to get a sense of where they are and there is not much to look at (which makes it look clean, but underwhelming). I'm not a big fan of the legs to that table, which don't even need to show but should look a bit sturdier if they do. The door and the wall look great, but why is the door partially open? Maybe have a mechanic working on the stuck door (because somebody stuck a penny in it or something).

On the past scene. This is another build that is very clean and neat, but I can't get a good sense of where they are. If they are inside, I think you need more walls to give it a closed-in feeling; maybe just a large window where you can dangle a micro ship behind it. If you're short on parts, you could add some kind of ship next to them to take up the space. That computer thing is great, but the exposed anti-studs underneath are distracting. Adding a couple of 1x1 round plates should greeble it up enough. As for the story, I don't really understand why a Colonel wouldn't find out what is on the memory card that the clone was so keen to protect; kind of wasteful.

I hope I wasn't too critical and that something I wrote might be somewhat helpful. This is a great build and I'm glad you're on our side.

Wow! I like the wall. I think you will be ranking up pretty fast, Commander Beltar! This is a very high-quality set of builds you have presented here. The only thing I can suggest is to have an Imperial-looking droid, whether astromech, mouse, or, if you're so lucky as to have one, a black protocol droid, walking by the table during the present scene, to make it a little less static.

Yeah a droid or even a couple people walking together maybe? Or a pair of stormtroopers with a wookie in handcuffs. :laugh:

Thank you. Added the astromech, if only I had a black protocol droid. :cry_sad: Also I added a bonus pic on flickr of a pair of stormtroopers and a wookie for fun. :grin:

Very clean and sharp looking builds. I do have a few complaints and suggestions if you're open to them. On the present scene. I'm not sure what your supply is like, but what about building up that wall and dangling a tie fighter above the table? It's hard to get a sense of where they are and there is not much to look at (which makes it look clean, but underwhelming). I'm not a big fan of the legs to that table, which don't even need to show but should look a bit sturdier if they do. The door and the wall look great, but why is the door partially open? Maybe have a mechanic working on the stuck door (because somebody stuck a penny in it or something).

On the past scene. This is another build that is very clean and neat, but I can't get a good sense of where they are. If they are inside, I think you need more walls to give it a closed-in feeling; maybe just a large window where you can dangle a micro ship behind it. If you're short on parts, you could add some kind of ship next to them to take up the space. That computer thing is great, but the exposed anti-studs underneath are distracting. Adding a couple of 1x1 round plates should greeble it up enough. As for the story, I don't really understand why a Colonel wouldn't find out what is on the memory card that the clone was so keen to protect; kind of wasteful.

I hope I wasn't too critical and that something I wrote might be somewhat helpful. This is a great build and I'm glad you're on our side.

I like this kind of input. And it was helpful.

On the present scene, I don't have the best part supply at the moment, so I can't really do that. I did make the wall a bit taller and lets just say that that's where the roof would be. I have also now hidden the legs sort of by replacing with one central leg in the middle. Added the mechanic fixing the door too.

On the past scene they are not inside so that rules most of that out. It's like the outdoor command center from the Clone Wars movie on Christophsis. Fixed the anti-studs. And as for the story. uhhh. *Plot Hole Alert* Hmmm I'll figure something out on that.

~Beltar

Incredible improvement! I really, really like the wall on your present scene! The upside down plates with handles add a great aspect to the wall. If you are still looking for ways to improve I second goatman's suggestion to add more detail to the surroundings of your past scene. I can tell it's supposed to be outside, but something else along the side of the build might help to improve that feel. If you are short on bricks then all I can say is "great work with what you have!"

Have you played with GIMP at all? With the extended deadline, you should have enough time to delete the background and do a full blown edit on one of the past scene shots. This may be an easy way to give it an outside feel (by adding in a background image) without more building and re-shooting.

Glad you liked the previous input. Feel free to PM me if you want more help of have any questions.

And the next great entry from the empire :thumbup: .

You building technique at the two scenes are well done!

Good work and love how you made the "past" MOC.

markus

The wall pattern in the first and the holo in the second build are awesome, both are great eye catchers !

Very good build. The vignettes totally look like rooms of imperial star ships. Good luck to you