You have put a lot of effort on making those cars and track, so why you did not build your own crane, but used that from 60026?

You have put a lot of effort on making those cars and track, so why you did not build your own crane, but used that from 60026?

It´s a salute to the excellent design of that particular model from TLC. I´m not usually a fan of their models, but this one fitted the job quite well, and I didnt see the need for doing another one. Don´t you like it¿?

It´s a salute to the excellent design of that particular model from TLC. I´m not usually a fan of their models, but this one fitted the job quite well, and I didnt see the need for doing another one. Don´t you like it¿?

I don't like any of TLC minifig scale cranes. Maybe except the 7632, because thanks to it I could built my LG 1750 crane.

Edited by M_longer

Awesome display! I love the cars. That's possibly the best LEGO Audi R8 I've seen done at a small scale.

As the others have said, fantastic job. Just brilliant work all around with the detail. I have to say, though, my favorite parts are the cars. I especially like Porsche's strong showing. :thumbup:

I suppose you refer to the red Ferrrari, right¿?

I´d rather not reveal that.

-But I can tell you that only about 33% of the cars actually rolls at all. You must look at how the car is parked in front of the boxes.

Lot of tricks and work-arounds has been applied on many of the cars, as I only own 3 sets of the PERFECT new wide wheels (the ones that came out recently with the Octan Racer)

The Audi doesnt even HAVE wheels, just some static Technic gears and several tyres around them...

The other (Gulf) Ferrari use another solution alltogether.

Gotcha. Thanks for replying. I'd rather have my models roll, so I guess the technic will not benefit me anyways. The Audi's wheels look the best; best offset and look, too bad it cannot roll. Can't wait to see what other things you build in the future!

Great work as usual, I especially love all the little scenes around the race track. I'm always amazed how you manage to build such large and good-looking layouts in such a short time. Now you need something to get those race cars going, I guess ... :thumbup:

Btw. Popider deserves to be linked here, doesn't he? At least that's what I do when I refer to your builds which has happened once or twice ... :wink:

Great work as usual, I especially love all the little scenes around the race track. I'm always amazed how you manage to build such large and good-looking layouts in such a short time. Now you need something to get those race cars going, I guess ... :thumbup:

Btw. Popider deserves to be linked here, doesn't he? At least that's what I do when I refer to your builds which has happened once or twice ... :wink:

Thanks. I´ve added a link to popiders photo-stream on Flickr, to my original post.

I´m a little saddened if somebody feels that I am not giving credit, as I always go to great length to mention when design parts are from somebody else. (although I dont usually link. Maybe I must link more in the future... :wink: )

So much great detail in this MOC, especially like the pit lane and where the safety car looks as though it is about to come out, no doubt in response to the crash? I would have liked to have seen a bit more of the race track to give it a bit less 'squashed' look, but I know these things can be curtailed by space allowaces at exhibitions and such. Nevertheless an excellent exhibit and I would have loved to see it in real life. Thanks for all the fantastic details.

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Dont forget to check out the video that fellow HispaLUG member "celesmen" did;

Edited by Hoexbroe

A very nice moc!

It reminds me also of 6381 Motor Speedway from 1987 and 6395 Victory Lap raceway from 1988. And then there were some dioramas in the lego catalogue with a whole parcours to dream about.

Oh and also the 8161 Grand Prix race from Speed Racers from 2008

(but this is better)

Two things really stand out here...besides the MEGA MEGA size of this layout.....

1. Your humor is outstanding; love the comments!

2. And of course, the cars are just heavenly! (Vroooom, VROoooom, VROOOOOOMMMMM, and off they go!) They look so much better than most of TLG's car sets. Honestly.

Hi again,

So, the diorama was showed again; this time at a small local Xmas Expo in a town very close to where I live.

I took the opportunity to take a few more photos... To show some new details, and some of the sticker-work done on the cars.

Here they are;

dsc06678_800.jpg

The colours of this car was first done "because I could". Later I discovered that I accidentally had made it "Portuguese"-coloured. -So it got flags from Portugal.

dsc06680_800.jpg

dsc06684_800.jpg

A shot of the whole pit-lane.

dsc06687_800.jpg

The green and the black Porsches. The green seems to be the favorite of the visitors at the shows. It does look nice, and it IS an authentic colour-scheme from the American Le Mans Series.

dsc06681_800.jpg

-And finally the MAIN reason for why to bump this thread; The inclusion of the obligatory champagne-scene!

dsc06690_800.jpg

Thanks for watching.