Hello all!

It has certainly been a long time since I posted something new. But I havent stopped building. I have quietly been preparing this years new "MegaMOC" for the annual HispaLUG Expo. This time in Granollers (Barcelona). This layout was shown publicly for the first time last weekend; 29th and 30th of November, 2014.

And here it is;

"A Day at the Races"

A Le Mans Series Racing Diorama.

dsc06623_800.jpg

First off, we´ll start with the boxes.

dsc06627_800.jpg

The diorama shows 8 boxes from 4 of the teams.

dsc06566_800.jpg

Some heavy partying going on on the balconies...

dsc06570_800.jpg

The above photo is probably my favorite of the whole series...

A view to the boxes from across the straight;

dsc06624_800.jpg

Next up, the main Plaza.

With the Safety Car standing by. (I think it is going out just at this moment!)

There is also a big-screen live pictures of the race.

I borrowed my daughters MP4-player, and loaded it with a continous loop of a 8min long video showing racing, to add to the atosphere with real images and roarings sounds.

(Probably a bit annoying to my neighbours at the Expo, but heavenly sounds in MY ears...)

dsc06573_800.jpg

The local TV6 broadcasting van is parked nearby too, and the (in)famous Loretta Legs is just now doing one of her interviews. Most of her male audience only bear with her for mainly two big reasons...

dsc06620_800.jpg

Then, we have the main race control building, with administrative offices and tower.

There is a VIP party going on at the terasse. (Elvis is in the building)

dsc06628_800.jpg

On the winners podium, an event is taking place, with famous movie star presence.

dsc06630_800.jpg

The chicane.

Shortly after the starting-line, the cars a funnelled through a chicane, and some of the best tribune seats are located near this, from which the spectators can see almost all of the action.

The cars are using the curbs to cut off the corners, but during the Expo this situation was continously corrected by hundreds of small childrens hands, which put the cars back "correctly" on the track. Oh, such innocence... ;-)

dsc06621_800.jpg

Todays event has drawn a full crowd!

dsc06575_800.jpg

The accident.

Always prone to accidents, today is no exception for this chicane; a car has run off the tracks. (or pushed, or maybe just a little "nudge". Nudging is what racing is all about, you know...)

dsc06641_800.jpg

The rescue vehicles and service personal are already busy cleaning up, and extinguishing the fire from the car.

The driver certanly looks upset by the ordeal. -Or maybe he is just worred about the horse-sized needle the medic is preapring to use...

dsc06642_800.jpg

A helicopter view of the zone.

dsc06631_800.jpg

Overviews.

Talking about helicopter view. Time to "break" the illusion, and show the whole size of the diorama.

dsc06569_800.jpg

dsc06634_800.jpg

The whole thing. Eurobricks forum dont allow high resolution photos, but you can see the same photos in high resolution in Flickr...

dsc06637_800.jpg

The Expo.

The next photo below was taken duirng a rare quiet spell; most of the time the show was totally full of visitors.

dsc06614_800.jpg

The diorama holds 15 race cars.

5 service vehicles.

(Much) more than a 100 minifigs.

Tecnical info; 10 bp long. 2,5 bp deep.

Blue sky-backdrop is 50cm high. (not Lego)

Thanks for watching!

Extra!

See the video that fellow HispaLUG member "celesmen" did;

Edited by Hoexbroe

That's amazing!

Simply amazing!

Clearly you've worked very hard on this!

It looks great and there's so much detail and things going on, it definetly deserves 1st Place in this race! ;)

I absolutely love it! Those cars are great, easily on par with the Speed Champions sets, and some definitely better :thumbup: And all of the scenes (the pit stop, the accident, the award ceremony) are spot on. Once again, a MOC that inspires!

There is a lot going on there. As a car racing fan myself it has the right feel and so many cool details all over. I think I most appreciated the smug look on the faces of the drivers, a very realistic part. :laugh:

This is amazing...totally digging this layout!! I have always wanted to do a race track with a pitstop, shops, garages, etc. You pulled it off quite well!

Quick question. How did you get the small CARS movie wheels flush with the mudguards on the F40? Everytime I use them they either are to sunken in or they stick out.

Love the cars man. The F40 and Porsche's look spot on, good job!

Hi!

Thanks for the nice comments, and THANK YOU for the frontpage! Wow! :classic: :classic: :classic:

The launch of TLC´s Speed Champions is totally coincidence. When I began working on this layout 6 months ago, I dont think anybody except TLC´s own people knew about that series.

Here´s a bonus photo. These two excellent cars does not really show in the other photos.

They are my creations, but are (almost) reproductions of builder "popiders" (https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/popider) digital creations. Credit where credit´s due!

The yellow crane is of course a slightly modified one from a an oficial Lego set. But the REST, including the Porsches and Ferraris are 100% my own creations!

´Nuff said; here´s the bonus photo;

_titans_800.jpg

Vroooom!

Edited by Hoexbroe

And it's that latest photo to proves that this MOC is the most AWESOME you have ever made ! :grin:

So much detailing sells it totally..............congrats on being front paged..........Brick On Race On 'Hoexbroe' ! :grin:

If only the R8 LMS ultra ACTUALLY raced in the GTE category at Le Mans.

But it'd be quashed by that 'Vette, the 458, and the 991 RSR.

Besides, Le Mans would end if Audi sweeps everything, the way most motorsport becomes stale when one team keeps running 'round everyone else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just amazingly impressed with this. Every car, every detail, even guestings, even the crash at the chicane. EVEN THE BIG SCREEN!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you show every car you've built besides the two you've shown recently, but in the angle like the picture above^^? I wanna see them in all their individual glory.

Edited by XAxles

Can you show every car you've built besides the two you've shown recently, but in the angle like the picture above^^? I wanna see them in all their individual glory.

Yes, there will probably be a little follow-up to show all the "sticker-work" done. Next exhibition is late in december, so I will shoot the photos then.

That's a cool moc :) Liked a lot design of cars, those decals and chosen colors do the magic :) Also noticed good steering angles especially on the black (with little yellow) car, also good looking rear lights on braking moment :) And finally awesome added audi R8 and corvette replicas :)

Amazing! Diorama and models. Cars are great designed. And great colors for everything! I really like it!

Can anyone tell me how or what part/axle is used to get the small wheel's offset flush with the mudguards/fenders like on the F40?

Whenever I use them the offset is either too low or too high making the wheel sunken or stuck out. I think it's because the axle plate is designed for the typical wider wheel.

Fantastic job, love the lime green car especially. Great job on the stands and tower as well! :thumbup:

Can anyone tell me how or what part/axle is used to get the small wheel's offset flush with the mudguards/fenders like on the F40?

Whenever I use them the offset is either too low or too high making the wheel sunken or stuck out. I think it's because the axle plate is designed for the typical wider wheel.

I suppose you refer to the red Ferrrari, right¿?

I´d rather not reveal that.

-But I can tell you that only about 33% of the cars actually rolls at all. You must look at how the car is parked in front of the boxes.

Lot of tricks and work-arounds has been applied on many of the cars, as I only own 3 sets of the PERFECT new wide wheels (the ones that came out recently with the Octan Racer)

The Audi doesnt even HAVE wheels, just some static Technic gears and several tyres around them...

The other (Gulf) Ferrari use another solution alltogether.