Sunday morning, and the build has started.

I think it'll look really good in my color scheme, too bad my iPhone doesn't really capture the looks of it!

20E7C18C-50C3-49EA-96A0-1B54772ABE7C_zps4ajbye1d.jpg

984F5687-38CD-425B-AEF4-91D4F1FB694D_zpsuonmtag0.jpg

Finished it this morning! Dang this is a good trailer! Better working than I even thought! Ingmar is a genious!

E78294FE-86D3-41CD-98E7-43A806145E34_zpsifcsledu.jpg

0599D432-7451-4226-8F73-2BE59F18EFA8_zps3hcz6y9v.jpg

EB52B9E6-B17B-49CD-B88C-F80F50D80E21_zpsthdobpl3.jpg

Hello ,

I build this great model too,in the original colors .

I used the 8x4 truck from Han,so now i wil show you these two great model's togheter from two great and outstanding dutch lego technicbuilders.

th_DSC00051_zps83f1273e.jpg

th_DSC00050_zps24c6753d.jpg

th_DSC00047_zps72317c23.jpg

th_DSC00043_zpsaa5d801b.jpg

th_DSC00029_zpsa06c97a6.jpg

Here some bigger pictures

DSC00029_zpsa06c97a6.jpg

DSC00051_zps83f1273e.jpg

Well, this is an impressive combo! Great to see multiple designer MOCs combined this way together with an original Technic set, love it... :wub:

Nice tires on the front loader, look really impressive :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Does the gooseneck part work well with this truck? I mean when it comes to operating it, did you need to adjust things? Did you install the fifth wheel design I came up with?

Well, this is an impressive combo! Great to see multiple designer MOCs combined this way together with an original Technic set, love it... :wub:

Nice tires on the front loader, look really impressive :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Does the gooseneck part work well with this truck? I mean when it comes to operating it, did you need to adjust things? Did you install the fifth wheel design I came up with?

Hello Ingmar,

I used the instruktions from the 8258 you have made ,for the 5th wheel ,i did some smal modifications to fit everything on Han's 8x4 truck ,the only thing i need to do ,giving the lowboy a littele bit more ground clearance for adapting the goosneck verry well .

Greets Jan.

Hello Ingmar,

I used the instruktions from the 8258 you have made ,for the 5th wheel ,i did some smal modifications to fit everything on Han's 8x4 truck ,the only thing i need to do ,giving the lowboy a littele bit more ground clearance for adapting the goosneck verry well .

Greets Jan.

Well, I am happy you managed to combine these, maybe it inspires others to do the same... :classic:

And those tires are amazing!!! :thumbup:

I tried to message you, but I could not. Do you plan on making instructions for the orange truck that is in the picture??

This will help me in purchasing the correct instructions :D

PICT03.JPG

Edited by mike4slund

I tried to message you, but I could not. Do you plan on making instructions for the orange truck that is in the picture??

This will help me in purchasing the correct instructions :D

First: how did you try to contact me? I'm curious because I want to be contacted easily so help me to improve this!!! :wink:

Second: Yes!!! :thumbup: As with two of my other trucks and quite some trailers now there will be a MkII of this truck. It will be quite different, but equal the same time. Even though I do love this truck myself too, it is outdated, so it'll be improved in many ways! :classic:

You have to be patient though, I am planning on releasing it somewhere in the first two weeks of April... The truck is sitting on my desk as we "speak" and I am redesigning, engineering and improving it...

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

First: how did you try to contact me? I'm curious because I want to be contacted easily so help me to improve this!!! :wink:

Second: Yes!!! :thumbup: As with two of my other trucks and quite some trailers now there will be a MkII of this truck. It will be quite different, but equal the same time. Even though I do love this truck myself too, it is outdated, so it'll be improved in many ways! :classic:

You have to be patient though, I am planning on releasing it somewhere in the first two weeks of April... The truck is sitting on my desk as we "speak" and I am redesigning, engineering and improving it...

I tried to message you through this forum. It might be a problem with my settings or lack of posts.

PERFECT! I will purchase the regular instructions of this trailer now :D and patiently wait for truck.

I tried to message you through this forum. It might be a problem with my settings or lack of posts.

PERFECT! I will purchase the regular instructions of this trailer now :D and patiently wait for truck.

Okay, well you found me :wink:

Great that you could make up your mind due to my answer! Thanks for your interest and support and have fun building!!! :thumbup:

I built this moc also for my 8258 but realized i needed a better truck for it so i built Jurgen Krooshoop's basic Kenworth w900 the only thing left now is to adapt the 5th wheel

I built this moc also for my 8258 but realized i needed a better truck for it so i built Jurgen Krooshoop's basic Kenworth w900 the only thing left now is to adapt the 5th wheel

That is a marvelous idea!!! :thumbup: Let me/us know how this works, how the two of these models work together... I am so curious and I wish you luck adapting it!

What is in short the dilemma with the current 5th wheel of this KW w900?

very impressive Trailer! I'm very interested in the 8258-version, but may i ask you one question before:

What is the purpose of each motor of the trailer? why it has 4(!) motors

- One for lifting 3. axle

- one for lifting/lowering

- ?

- ?

Maybe this is a foolish question, but it would be great if you could explain this. Thanks a lot!

my 8258 is not RC and i will not make it RC so the trailer has no need to be RC - therefore i'm planning to replace the IR-receivers with PF-switches...what would you say? big or small problem?

Once again: great work, great trailer! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words to start with and great that you like it! :thumbup: Also is it appreciated that you might want to support me by purchasing the BI... :classic:

Fair questions, did you check the video of MkI for this build? On YouTube there are 3 vids on this trailer and the Blue one as well explaining it all...

Anyways the gooseneck has to be locked to the trailer, it uses a motor. With out this lock the truck drives of with the gooseneck and the trailer stays where it is... :grin:

The last one is to operate a support that keeps the gooseneck at the right height when it is detached and left on the truck's 5th wheel.

About using switches instead of receivers. I suppose it is possible! One thing that pops-up is that you have more wires to "get rid of". Especially in the gooseneck part that might be a little tricky. Never the less I do like to encourage you to try and let us know how it worked out... :wink:

That is a marvelous idea!!! :thumbup: Let me/us know how this works, how the two of these models work together... I am so curious and I wish you luck adapting it!

What is in short the dilemma with the current 5th wheel of this KW w900?

the 5th wheel on the kw is just like the one that comes on 8258 and doesn't latch on to the trailers kingpin just pretty much for looks and i like your 5th wheel better

the 5th wheel on the kw is just like the one that comes on 8258 and doesn't latch on to the trailers kingpin just pretty much for looks and i like your 5th wheel better

That makes sense, you really want to change the 5th wheel, it increases the playability of Jurgen's KW! :thumbup: Again, keep us in the loop, show some pictures I am sure other do like to see this combo as I do... :wink::wub:

i have some pics of the combination with my Volvo L350 loaded onto it but have to figure out how to post them

Really love to see those pictures. :thumbup::wub:

About how to post them. First of all you have to store the pictures somewhere on the Internet. For example use BrickSafe, I use it all the time. When it is stored on the web you can easily include images in your posts here on Eurobricks...

I even think there is a help topic on this forum somewhere on how to add picture links... :classic:

i have some pics of the combination with my Volvo L350 loaded onto it but have to figure out how to post them

Still not yet figured how to add photos? :wink:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Hi Ingmar, I built the truck and lowboy a little while ago and I have to say your truck and trailer are great! The details of the cabin are most impressive. On first look the pics below look like both the original truck and trailer, but a closer look shows a completely different chassis design for both the truck and trailer. It all started when I just wasn't too excited about using rubber bands for suspension and it ended up with a complete rebuild of the chassis for both the truck and trailer from scratch.

truck_lowboy_6.jpg

truck_lowboy_2.jpg

Notable mods listed here:

- Remote control lights by using an m-motor joined to a pf switch mechanism similar to the one in Madoca's wing-body truck. This assembly replaces the fake-engine in the front compartment.

- Two speed gear box. I haven't completed the remote shifting capability yet but most of the assembly is there and is based on the mechanism used by Madoca in his AWD SUV Mk2. The gearbox extends the space between the servo and XL-motor by 2 studs, and the length of the sleeper cab by 1 1/3 studs, still accommodating the standard non-rechargable PF battery case.

- All rubber-band based suspension replaced with standard technic shock absorbers sitting inside the frame.

- Frame widened by two studs (8L outer width / 6L inner width) )while maintaining the same vehicle width (19.5 studs wide between outer tire walls). Overall ride height is lowered giving a more authentic look-and-feel with the top of the rear tires rising slightly above the top of the rear frame.

- The spacing between the two rear axles is decreased by one stud for a more realistic look.

- Slightly narrower kingpin attachment mechanism which sits lower, fitting within the frame (instead of on-top) making possible a more realistic looking lower trailer attachment just slightly above the tires (deck height of any trailer can be overall lower). To accommodate this, the rear differential drive shaft is routed beneath the mid-rear differential to the gearbox.

Lowered front ride-height and updated steering geometry, as well as used standard technic shock absorbers instead of rubber bands for suspension.

Use of two ir-receivers (steering, drive, lights, gear shift which is not complete yet)

I also ended up changing the lowboy and built a new one from scratch to try to make it a bit more realistic looking by both lowering the deck relative to the wheels, making the deck height appear thinner, cupping it slightly upwards in the middle, and using standard technic shock absorbers.