My latest release, a rerelease and rebuild of a three axle detachable gooseneck lowboy trailer with liftable third axle. The truck that goes with it is worked on right now! Will be released March 2015. Not yet had the change to work on a new video, but one will be available soon. So for now I use the first edition video of this model.

Model "Trailer Tr4 MkII” is build with LEGO® in scale 1:17,5 and motorized using LEGO® Power Functions. It is not build after a specific brand or type of trailer. This build represents a three axle detachable gooseneck lowboy trailer with liftable third axle.

The trailer features: solid axle suspension on all axles, one set of lights, kingpin, mechanical parking break, gooseneck frame support, remotely controlled liftable third axle, remotely lowering and lifting of the deck and this model has many details.

This newly design and engineered trailer utilizes the same suspension as both "US Truck T1 MkII" and "US Truck T2 MkII". It uses LEGO® rubber belts and LEGO® rubber axle connectors.

Designing and engineering this trailer parts availability is checked. So it can easily be build in the color as it is, Yellow, but it can also be build in Red, Blue and Black.

Attention!!!: Both "US Truck T1 MkII" and "US Truck T2 MkII" needs to be adapted to be combined with "Trailer Tr4 MkII”!!!

Else could be used a so called dolly which acts as a convert to fit the trailer. For this dolly building instructions will be available soon.

Attention!!!: LEGO® Technic set 8258 Crane Truck needs to be adapted and requires a modified gooseneck!!! Instructions for "Trailer Tr4 MkII” to go with LEGO® Technic set 8258 Crane Truck will be available soon!

PICT12&13&14EB.jpg

This model is another custom design by Ingmar Spijkhoven AKA 2LegoOrNot2Lego that comes with building instructions and inventory/parts list!. So, you can build it yourself!

To do so you can buy the Building Instructions. Early in the building process you will see what it is that you are building. You will be very excited from the moment you start the build of "Trailer Tr4 MkII" till you finish it with a total number of parts of about 1450 pieces.

With this type of lowboy trailer the gooseneck is removed to make the deck accessible. Because the front part of the trailer rests on the surface the truck with the gooseneck still attached can drive off. In order to keep the gooseneck elevated at the correct hight is as a support. This support rests on the trucks frame.

The ramps can be lowered and any self propelled load can enter the trailers deck. With the trailer loaded and the load secured the gooseneck can be reattached. This is done by backing up the truck aligned with the trailer. With a support that rests on the trucks frame the gooseneck can be lowered of lifted to make sure it comes in place. Finally the deck can be lifted again and the gooseneck can be locked so it doesn’t go anywhere without the trailer itself.

Cheers, Ingmar Spijkhoven

PICT00.jpg

PICT03.JPG

PICT05.JPG

PICT08.JPG

PICT09.JPG

PICT15.jpg

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Looks great! So what are the updated features compared to the old trailer? Also will you ever use 9L links as leaf springs :tongue:

Looks great! So what are the updated features compared to the old trailer? Also will you ever use 9L links as leaf springs :tongue:

Thanks to start with! Well, quite some... To start with, the most visible change, is the battery box. It use to be at the end of the trailer, which makes it hard to add a jeep or booster. Now it is sitting in-between both chassis beams, it is a AAA battery box which can be replaced by the rechargeable battery box. I also remove the hard to get bracket to connect a M-motor to the actuator, which has been only used in two sets. The deck got a facelift, I use to have those 8x8 plates with a grill pattern. Now it has a more wood look a like approach which I like much better!

Finally the way it has been assembled, the way I use to build this trailer did not allow creating instructions.

This model is such a stunner :laugh:

Thanks to you too!!! :thumbup:

Yihaa!!! Finally ;)

Yeah, I know!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

Hi Ingmar,

It was some time ago I heard from your impressive gooseneck lowboy, and was hoping that you make instructions. And there are now, yeah! I've already built the model from Han, and now I want build yours, and I want to use it with 8258, so I have to wait for your adapted model. Looking forward to it! :excited:

Greetings

Alex

Hi Ingmar,

It was some time ago I heard from your impressive gooseneck lowboy, and was hoping that you make instructions. And there are now, yeah! I've already built the model from Han, and now I want build yours, and I want to use it with 8258, so I have to wait for your adapted model. Looking forward to it! :excited:

Greetings

Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes I did, I did have plans (I mean in my schedule) to create these instructions. Since this is a complex trailer the instructions would be complex as well. That is OK, because I love creating instructions and complexity is what I like too, but I did not found myself time to get it started. Somewhere in September I started thinking about it and looking into it more and more. Started improving the trailer and taking pictures and so on. Last week I really had to work hard to get things finished, but as you can see, I managed... :classic:

This trailer will be great to be combined with 8258, glad that you have one! Yeah, give me a couple of more weeks to get that version finished. It might be next year, but maybe I manage to get it finished before Christmas, I'll let you know! If you "subscribe" to this topic you'll know when it is finished... :thumbup:

Thanks for your interest!

Cheers!

Ingmar

Thanks for the kind words on the truck as well :thumbup:

This truck is not yet finished, still some work to do to get it finished. I am working on it "as we speak" so it'll be finished soon...

This truck is not yet finished, still some work to do to get it finished. I am working on it "as we speak" so it'll be finished soon...

Highly interested! For some reason I like this one more (compared to the others you've made). The colour scheme is very nice with the white touches. I also love you didn't use any chrome parts this time (as it looks more realistic to me).

:wub:

As Lundgren and other builders said, " It's about time". No really, we builders know how much work goes into these creations and we're all very happy with the fact we can build and enjoy these fantastic models in our own homes. :wink:

I for one of those builders, is very excited to see that your " Mack " Truck is being made ready for BI. I have compiled most of the parts for the suspension and have saved for several years those White rims for the wheels. ( I love using those saved parts for incredible creations such as these )

OK, enough of the truck :blush: ....................I'm looking forward to adding your Lowboy Trailer to my Trucking Fleet, I hope to be able to display it with your other creations in my display @ Brickworld Indy in March 2015. :thumbup: :thumbup: ( So far the assembled count is 3 Trucks and currently 2 Trailers! )

Thanks for all your hard work.............

Edited by ritztoys

Know that you are most welcome, I love doing this and there is much more to come!!! :thumbup:

Yes it is indeed al about time and about money as well. Because of the PF and some rare parts you some cash to complete these models :wink:

About the truck, It'll be modified as I did with T1 and T2. It'll have an openable hood with detailed engine (hopefully a Dark Red Mack engine :sweet: ) openable doors and an updated tandem axle setup. So will have to buy some other parts "ritztoys" for your copy of this truck.

This truck will do great with this lowboy!

Well, I am impressed by the amount of model you have. Along mine many from other builders, thanks for your support!!! :thumbup: This display of yours @ Brickworld Indy is going to be a nice display that is for sure! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Well the counting and sorting has begun! ;)

3EAF7679-438E-4857-8AD6-F63F931B3856_zpshaf0gppf.jpg

It won't be yellow, but Black, Red and LBG so it'll go with my Heavy hauler triple axle rig. :wink:

I'll include the 3 axle dolly as well, and I'm thinking about building another truck too in the same color scheme that I can use as a pusher.

Might just be a very cool and loooong setup! :grin:

387FDCD1-6C93-4875-9A95-C5B0BF28953A_zpsxivw4r4l.jpg

Edited by Lundgren

Well the counting and sorting has begun! ;)

It won't be yellow, but Black, Red and LBG so it'll go with my Heavy hauler triple axle rig. :wink:

I'll include the 3 axle dolly as well, and I'm thinking about building another truck too in the same color scheme that I can use as a pusher.

Might just be a very cool and loooong setup! :grin:

I already reckon you would change the colors of it and that is just a great thing!!! As I have written before quite a lot, I want people to be inspired... You are most certainly!!! :thumbup::wink:

Here is a little update: instructions for this same trailer to go with Technic set 8258 are available since of now!

Your 8258 needs to be slightly modified of which instructions will be available quickly. Stay posted!

PICT03.jpg

PICT06.jpg

PICT09.jpg

PICT04.jpg

Here is a little update: instructions on how to modify LEGO® Technic set 8258 "Crane Truck" (default build) are available now!

This modification gives your set 8258 an added fifth wheel (coupler) and power supply to connect/attach trailers realistically. By modifying this set you enable the ability to connect the lowboy trailer displayed in this topic!

Both versions of this lowboy trailer can perfectly be combined with LEGO® Technic set 8043 "Motorized Excavator" as well as with LEGO® Technic set 8275 "Motorized Bulldozer". Obviously you can combine it with any of your MOCs as well.

PICT00.jpg

PICT05.jpg

PICT06.jpg

PICT08.jpg

Wow, that truck sure looks great with a big trailer hauling heavy equipment. Now 8258 just needs the dual rear wheels upgrade to make it look even better (and match the trailer).

Wow, that truck sure looks great with a big trailer hauling heavy equipment. Now 8258 just needs the dual rear wheels upgrade to make it look even better (and match the trailer).

Is that Hans rear wheel upgrade?, Can't wait to build this lowloader for my 8258, nice work Ingmar :thumbup:

I agree with the both of you, 8258 needs dual rear wheels. This set is really of without it. Because I didn't want to interfere with "Designer Han" I just did my own MOD without the duallies. It might need a little work to add both MODs...

Just 1 more BL order to come then I have everything needed to build it in black.

But I think I need to own it in blue as well! Blue is wonderful! And I think I'll build another copy of the T2 truck but I'll skip all the red and change it to blue! So it'll haul the blue trailer!

And a dream would be to put your tracked articulated dumper on it!

[Edit.....]

Yiehaa, now it has arrived!

The christmas holidays is saved! :laugh::wink:

122BEE89-7AAF-4574-8E49-2C3A98F38C01_zpsvpcq4ujq.jpg

Edited by Lundgren

That is a "truck load" of LEGO for you to enjoy during your Christmas Holidays!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

About the Blue one, if you give me a couple of weeks I will have the "Flip axles" version ready as well. That would be awesome, two different lowboy trailers, isn't it?

Do you know which one I am talking about?

That flip axle lowboy was build on purpose in Blue, because I love that color as well! After I dissembled my Easy Loader I had tons of Blue... :thumbup:

Thanks for your interest in that Bell ADT I build a couple of years ago... :wub: I might do instructions on that one someday, who knows... :tongue::classic:

Wow yes!! It's a dream come true! The flip axle trailer in blue plus the T2 truck in Dark blue / blue / white will be totally awesome!

(Or maybe ill wait for the T5 truck to come!)

Well yes i LOVE your BELL it's sooo cool! and it would look good together with M_Longers Liebherr I think!

Each one on it's own lowboy trailer! :sweet::wink:

Edited by Lundgren

Wow yes!! It's a dream come true! The flip axle trailer in blue plus the T2 truck in Dark blue / blue / white will be totally awesome!

(Or maybe ill wait for the T5 truck to come!)

Well yes i LOVE your BELL it's sooo cool! and it would look good together with M_Longers Liebherr I think!

Each one on it's own lowboy trailer! :sweet::wink:

That would be totally awesome!!! You are right about that! Two truck/lowboy combinations with load, well you amaze me how much you are interested in all of these models! With this you really make me think of doing instructions on the Bell, I really will give it another consideration!

Well I'm building my little "LEGO MT Museum" haha ;) so they deserves the places in it!

I think many more than me wishes to be able to build the Bell! It's just awesome!