Yooha

Collectable Minifigures Advent Calendar 2014 - LDD MOC

Hi to all!

It’s Christmas time once again and I hope you are ready to start opening your own advent calendars. As in last year, I intend to start some advent calendars myself here at Eurobricks. These calendars were built using LDD, so no “real” bricks here, but I hope you’ll still enjoy it.

Since my favorite theme is the Collectable Minifigures, it was obvious to start an AC that will contain new and never-seen-before minifigs. Since there are 24 days in an AC, there will be 24 minifigs, not 16. And what kind of minifigs? Whatever you can imagine! Or at least I can…Or both, since most of the ideas I tried to create came from you. I read through some “let’s guess what minifigs will appear in future CMF series” threads and there were many brilliant ideas! Of course I missed those that were already made, or will be in the upcoming Series 13.

UPDATE: There will be at least one that is similar to one of the minifigures in Series 13, but I didn't know that when I created it, and I didn't want to change.

I tried to do my best making unique “printings”, but since the project was made in LDD, I had to use the molds that already exist there. “Oh no, so no new molds?!” Actually, albeit I couldn't change the 3D models of the molds in the LDD software, the rendering software allows doing some “changes” ;) So be prepared for some exciting minifigs! And don’t forget to come back every day until 24th!

Enjoy!

Day 1 - Baker

15732756448_3e1ca8ee05_o.png

Day 2 - Flatland lady

15742342547_0b20e8ca37_o.png

I followed TLG's intention to avoid mentioning nationality and/or copyrighted names

Edited by Yooha

Great idea!

That Flatland Lady is awesome. I like the printed clogs

Will be checking around!

It's a interesting, but I'm abit confused. I know you're not suggesting an official product, but it looks more like a CMF wishlist rather than a seasonal collection.

I'd say you may try to find some original character relate to Xmas theme (the first two days are qualified), or add some Xmas variants to existed CMFs (ex, Xmas Samurai, Winter Zombie).

Despite these, I think your choices of figures are pretty nice. Flatland lady is too lovely :wub: , but somehow I can't recall where her headpiece comes from.

It's a interesting, but I'm abit confused. I know you're not suggesting an official product, but it looks more like a CMF wishlist rather than a seasonal collection.

I'd say you may try to find some original character relate to Xmas theme (the first two days are qualified), or add some Xmas variants to existed CMFs (ex, Xmas Samurai, Winter Zombie).

Despite these, I think your choices of figures are pretty nice. Flatland lady is too lovely :wub: , but somehow I can't recall where her headpiece comes from.

It is not a seasonal collection, that was not my intention. But this is a good idea for next year :)

I wanted to try myself designing some unique minifigs (with head and torso design, some new accessories where possible).

And the Flatland Lady's headpiece is a new "mold".

But I can tell you that there will be some Christmas characters. :wink:

Edited by Yooha

I so wanted him NOT look like Master Chief, it looks like I failed. :classic:

Day 5 - Bowling player

15762545920_8e3a3489af_o.png

Edited by Yooha

cool.

I'll be checking this out every day, you may give me some ideas. Although i'm more a fan of controversial figures which I know TLG won't make.

Day 6 - Galactic emperor

15953661125_810f3bce11_o.png

I'll have only limited internet access until Sunday afternoon (GMT+1), so I put the the 6th day now. The 7th day is expected at Sunday evening.

I love the clever use of the poncho as part of the Galactic Emperor's cape!

And overall, I applaud your use of printing (especially on the arms) and accessories. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Those are really great especially the headgear, torsos, and legs are looks decent. However, the heads are reused from the previous series except for the Galactic Emperor.

I wish LEGO will make a real Minifigures Advent Calendar.

I followed TLG's intention to avoid mentioning nationality and/or copyrighted names

Nope.

S13 Egyptian warrior

Edited by Robert8

However, the heads are reused from the previous series except for the Galactic Emperor.

In most cases the heads are not completely reused. For the baker and the fantasy warlord the are surely not.