Yo!

With everyone building machinery and such I decided to make something a bit more...furry :laugh:

So I (too) combined the 9392 and 42026 sets and made this little beasty:

p1210147.jpg

I was actually inspired by the small orange panels, I thought to myself those are some awesome ears.

Function wise foxy is quite packed:

foxy2.jpg

Using a special lock his rear legs can be placed in standing or sitting positon:

p1210156.jpg

p1210157.jpg

So here's the little bugger sitting:

0foxy3.jpg

And because his jaw is actuated by the worm gear he can also grab his favourite toy:

p1210166.jpg

I used the flex tubes on the tail in such way they push on the body, creating friction. This means his tail can move up and down-

Tail in normal position:

p1210165.jpg

And raised:

p1210168.jpg

And now he's just being silly:

p1210171.jpg

I used 263 of the 307 combined parts.

Total time spent on building, rebuilding, optimising, etc... was some 3 days - I'd say around 8 hours total.

I think he's the first pullback motor powered quad, which is actually quite hard to make because the pullback motors are not really good for non-linear moving mechanisms.

My personally favourite feature besides walking and sitting is the ear movement because it gives him an ability to express himself.

All in all I am very pleased about this model because its just so different from the regular stuff.

And he's cute :wub:

Here's a video of the little furry beasty:

I hope you guys are impressed as much as I am :wink:

Edited by Zblj

This really made me laugh out loud!

I'm just a bit concerned about his tooth hygiene, though ;-)

Way to go Jerry!!! This is just unbelievably unique. Video is fantastic!!! You're such an animal...designer ;-)

Edited by MajklSpajkl

This really made me laugh out loud!

I'm just a bit concerned about his tooth hygiene, though ;-)

Yeah blue and gray teeth usally dont really look healthy :laugh: I am happy that it made you LOL.

Way to go Jerry!!! This is just unbelievably unique. Video is fantastic!!! You're such an animal...designer ;-)

Thanks! Its interesting we both used the same sets and got such different designs. Rawr :wink:

Haaaa, veeeery cool MOC ! It is great when i see other stuff made from Technic then cars and trucks !

I agree technic alows you to build so much more than just stuff on wheels. Thankies!

An unusual entry, but it's very nice to see amongst all the vehicles. Being different is good, especially in a competition!

So different, so unique, so cute....so cool!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The video is also too much hilarious!

Bravissimo!!!!!!!

Edited by MrTekneex

Impressive again, with limited parts the winner would have to be original and functional, just Foxy :thumbup: . I'm happy not to have tried I couldn´t have done better.

Wonderful model, cute and mind blowing! I wish Lego would also do this more often, we just "booked" a Creator set for our 3yo because it had a car, a helicopter and a DINOSAUR :grin:

An unusual entry, but it's very nice to see amongst all the vehicles. Being different is good, especially in a competition!

I agree, it really stands out :laugh: (stands like on his feet :grin: )

So different, so unique, so cute....so cool!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The video is also too much hilarious!

Bravissimo!!!!!!!

The video was quite troublesome actually because I didnt have much good light, but I managed at the end.

Impressive again, with limited parts the winner would have to be original and functional, just Foxy :thumbup: . I'm happy not to have tried I couldn´t have done better.

I think you should have tried. I mean I also know that its a very tough competition, but trying and failing is still better than not trying at all.

Great idea! Enjoyed your video. Good luck.

H :thumbup:

Thanks! Hopefully Foxy will get lucky :laugh:

:laugh: Nice and unique

Wonderful model, cute and mind blowing! I wish Lego would also do this more often, we just "booked" a Creator set for our 3yo because it had a car, a helicopter and a DINOSAUR :grin:

I totally agree! When's the last time we saw an offical animal from technic?

Holy cow it walks too :O

Why you so good at LEGO :blush:

Why? I'm not THAT good, just good enough :sweet: Just 27+years of experiences I guess

Love it!

Great to see something different. Well done :thumbup:

Thank you mate. Like they say variation is the spice of life :classic:

Edited by Zblj

Really original and funny creation! I especially like how you made begining of video where your foxy is catching tyre. If you shorten its tail it will look like hyena.

By the way where did you get inspiration for walking mechanism?

You are right Zblj next time I will do it...

Cant wait to see what you come up with :)

really a cute pet! very interesting and unique application and uses of pieces!

Thank you! Yes I wish i could ahve used more pieces but he is already walking hard as it it now :sweet: Must be a winter ciat, fat fox :grin:

Really original and funny creation! I especially like how you made begining of video where your foxy is catching tyre. If you shorten its tail it will look like hyena.

By the way where did you get inspiration for walking mechanism?

He's a nice pet to play fetch with :laugh:

I was actually inspired by the small orange panels. They look like cute ears and me being a big fan of furry little creatures knew this was a chance of trying something diffeerent. The walking mechanism is actually simillar to the one used in the dino in the technic building book relased cca 90's.

This is so cool! :sweet: Great idea! My favorite part is walking mechanism :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliment :wink:

Edited by Zblj

your obsession with walking lego is worrying me that you are building an army of automata to take over Billund... gets my vote anyway