Hello all,

here is my new topic for all of my next creations. I think that making a topic for all of my creations is better than having to keep making another topic ans 'flooding' the front page.

Enough of that and lest get on with Lego. Here is my latest creation. It uses a leaf spring suspension tatra axle suspension, instructions are available for the rear axle.

pictures (only the underside):

2.png1.png

video will come soon. :oh: :oh: :oh:

Edited by Epic Technic

I can't see how the leafspring reacts, looks hard to me.

But I think you need bigger tires @_@

From the first pictures, I believe he's using Soft Axles as leaf springs. Also, bigger tires have pros/cons always ... a bigger tire would put a higher torque on the motor and may stall it. That is why many MOCs shy away from the Power-Puller tires as those require high torque, beyond what most lego motors can deliver.

Edited by DrJB

Its actually really soft and I had to make it stiffer by adding 5 rubber bands.

From the first pictures, I believe he's using Soft Axles as leaf springs. Also, bigger tires have pros/cons always ... a bigger tire would put a higher torque on the motor and may stall it. That is why many MOCs shy away from the Power-Puller tires as those require high torque, beyond what most lego motors can deliver.

13l flex axles from a Bionicle set (they are more rubbery and not really plastic) and yes those balloon tires were the most efficient.

Edited by Epic Technic

Hi again,

here is the teaser video of my Audi 80 Quattro rally. I am editing the main video and should be out soon.

Edited by Epic Technic

The pictures are extremely small.. intentional?

Btw, love your Quattro! :thumbup:

sorry for the small pics, I forgot to re-size them I'll fix that right now. Thanks

I am using the 42000 a Grand Prix Racer wheels. Yes having help Nicjasno would be nice but I have already prototyped it and I am working on the final version. More pics soon.

Any guesses of what I could be building?

I really like that design Zblj however the one pictured looks more like double wishbone rather than macpherson. I'll see what I can come up with.

I really like that design Zblj however the one pictured looks more like double wishbone rather than macpherson. I'll see what I can come up with.

What about this:

spring.png

I really appreciate doing this but it is too small of a scale and it isn't McPherson strut suspension; it's SLA. SLA suspension is a special type of double wishbone.

No its not... Its what you asked for... Its not independant... Cant you see the hub is fixed to the spring?

In your ldd file it is McPherson which I am happy that you made. In the pic below the blue is the 'hub' which is connected to the brake discs and to the A or L arms.

The red is the A or L arm which is connected to the 'Hub'. Green is the Steering arm/link. I think there has been a little miss-communication.

suscolor.png