Although the attention on this forum is currently drawn to the TC5 challenge, I hope that you still might be interested in another c-model, this time built without limit of 600 pieces. So, here it is - a heavy duty diesel-powered forklift made of 42009 set.

800x600.jpg

Features:

• 3-section mast;
  • mast extension & tilt (obviously);
  • working steering wheel & HOG;
  • fake piston engine.

The key feature of the model is not only that both main functions can be operated simultaneously, but they are also reversible, e.i. you don't need to use the polarity switch to change the direction of the movement (of course, switching polarity still works). It led to a bigger gearbox and more troubles during design, but it was worth it. I also tried to reduce color mess as much as possible, but a bit of it still present (well, it should be acceptable for c-model, right?).

See model's page at Rebrickable for LDR file.

And finally more pics:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x1067.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x1067.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by Dalafik

Curious :When I was thinking about of a "c-Model" of this set, I thought also at that type of machine:)

Really nice work! I would like to see it in action in a video :wink:

WOW what a cool model.

Did not want to buy 42009, because I only want to collect MOC's from now on.

But I will have to make an exception to build this massive machine.

Wow, I can hear this one screaming: "I have the power!!!" Really great!!! Cool cover for the V8. Seems quite pack inside, do you think making it RC would be possible?

Well done! Could you share details (images/model) of the gearbox? Btw good work with the mast.

Woah! Excellent! I like the underside shot. I like how you managed to organize space down there! Very precise and nice to look at!

Wow! I love it.

I'm really curious about the gearbox design. I almost finished a wheel loader with the same (I presume) principle, namely the possibility of reversing the functions through the gearbox. For me, this is what Lego Technic is all about.

Cheers,

Robert

Very good, as for the appearance, as for the funktions! My personal opinion is, that it is really grown up the quality of the A model.

Would like to build it... :wink: :blush:

Edited by agrof

How much weight can it lift? :)

A V8 engine in a lift. My Toyota electric lift at my job is nothing next to this hahah

Thanks to all, I'm glad that you like it.

Wow, I can hear this one screaming: "I have the power!!!" Really great!!! Cool cover for the V8. Seems quite pack inside, do you think making it RC would be possible?

Probably not. You might be able to replace the steering with M motor, but the only way to reach the front wheels with a drive shaft is through the engine.

How much weight can it lift? :)

A V8 engine in a lift. My Toyota electric lift at my job is nothing next to this hahah

It managed to lift a couple of big Lego wheels lying on a thick notebook (i mean paper notebook), so it is on a par with the others Technic forklifts. But, certainly, such a complex gearbox reduces its lifting capabilities.

Very cool model :) now I can go get myself another set of 42009 juz to build this fella :p

I'll try to split digital version in several parts, but I'm afraid that building the body still won't be an easy task.

I like the fact that functions are reversable and I cant wait for the LDD file (if you need any help just poke me :laugh: ). How much can this baby lift?

Brilliant! A great forklift. Would love to see instructions please, I like that you only use one motor too.

H :thumbup:

Very good looking, and compact. My 42009's parts are available, so I starting to build this beauty.

Built this one a couple of months ago, and very impressed - clearly lots of thought has gone into both the functions and construction - very densely packed and sturdy, with some intricate little arrangements of parts I would never have thought of. Took it apart again last night, and it was genuinely puzzling in places (in a good way) as to how to get it apart again. Well worth a build for all you 42009 owners out there.