Kai NRG

Book II Ch. 3B, Men - Drown 'em out!

Upon hearing that the Mitgardian Dwarves were coming for them, the population along the banks of the Avalonian lake gave themselves up to despair. That is, until Ageven's representative Rex showed up. He immediately suggested to flood the caves and tunnels the dwarves were building. The city burghers and the nobles around jumped at the idea, but didn't feel like getting their boots dirty, so Rex went around to the Kaliphlinian merchants in the area. These, quickly realizing that the green tight trade would languish without the lake's population, volunteered for the work, and soon a band of apprentices, armed with shovels, crossed the lake and began to dig.

15704334939_c056ea61a7_z.jpg

All unaware of the waterfall about to be released above their heads, the dwarves plan their attack, stockpile weapons, and continue to dig.

15270727783_d4ee073728_z.jpg

Above ground, rock has been struck!

15704595327_2dffea31c0_z.jpg

And don't worry, the inundation will leave plenty of time for the dwarves to crawl back out of their tunnels... providing they don't stop for even a tiny tiny fraction of a second... :grin:

15700220089_f4698fea24_z.jpg

Overview:

15704329759_88de627ca5_z.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! I hope I didn't stretch the category rules - no bloodshed you know, and what could be more diplomatic than cold water?

C&C welcome!

[Picture re-size necessitated edit.]

Edited by Kai NRG

Ha ha brilliant! Great idea and your characterisations are hilarious. Really nice contrasts in textures and I'm a big fan of the stalactites.

Thanks guys!

Ha ha brilliant! Great idea and your characterisations are hilarious. Really nice contrasts in textures and I'm a big fan of the stalactites.

Well after paying so much for their green tights you can't expect the Avalonians to let them get dirty! :tongue:

Thanks!

Is... is that dwarf standing on a rat!?

Hmm... I hadn't noticed that until now, he's actually standing on the rock but it does look like he's quite close to the rat... :look:

That sure is an innivative way of getting the dwarves out of their tunnles and protecting our valued green tights :grin: Both the above and below ground scenes look great, although I am kind of confused by the clips hanging from the ceiling. I get that the one with the clip section facing upwards create a generally stalactite shape, but what are the ones with the clips facing down?

The mix of dark tan and reddish brown for dirt looks very good here :thumbup:

Excellent cave too, and I like the idea of the build :classic:

Thanks everyone!

That sure is an innivative way of getting the dwarves out of their tunnles and protecting our valued green tights :grin: Both the above and below ground scenes look great, although I am kind of confused by the clips hanging from the ceiling. I get that the one with the clip section facing upwards create a generally stalactite shape, but what are the ones with the clips facing down?

That's a very good question! :grin: I thought they looked kind of neat upside down, like maybe a stalactite with a drop of water on the inside... or not. Who knows, maybe stalactites in Historica look like that?

Great build, Kai!

The ground, water, and rocks are all very nice and work well together. That is a great way to get the dwarves out of their tunnels and prevent them from entering Avalonia!

My favorite detail is the overhanging water, rock, and ground at the top of the build to avoid a smooth "cut" side.

Ha, ha, excellent story, concept and execution! :wink: Great job with the curve at the front, and very nice combo on the writing dwarf! :thumbup:

Love the build and humor here, a very clever concept! The multi-level build is sweet, and the jabs at tights are pretty good. The border is quite classy too.

Great build, Kai!

The ground, water, and rocks are all very nice and work well together. That is a great way to get the dwarves out of their tunnels and prevent them from entering Avalonia!

My favorite detail is the overhanging water, rock, and ground at the top of the build to avoid a smooth "cut" side.

Thanks! That last was an expedient I was forced to due to lack of pieces to smooth the cut (as I did in the front), but for all that it did turn out pretty well!

Ha, ha, excellent story, concept and execution! :wink: Great job with the curve at the front, and very nice combo on the writing dwarf! :thumbup:

Thanks Garmadon!

Love the build and humor here, a very clever concept! The multi-level build is sweet, and the jabs at tights are pretty good. The border is quite classy too.

Thanks ME! I believe that border is about the first time I've actually found minifigure platforms useful! (In fact on this occasion almost indispensable!)

Great concept and build. The rockwork underground is well done, as is all the minifig posing. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more of the plants in the grassy area, but it's a minor quibble.

Great concept and build. The rockwork underground is well done, as is all the minifig posing. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more of the plants in the grassy area, but it's a minor quibble.

Thanks! Believe me, there would have been more plants if my entire PaB cup full of them weren't in another country right now...

Exciting story, good build!

I like the cave.

Thank you!

Those dwarfs are having some trouble getting out of that flooded cave once the water comes floushing down!

I really like the idea of this one and you have done a great job with the landscape and posings of minifigs!

Those dwarfs are having some trouble getting out of that flooded cave once the water comes floushing down!

I really like the idea of this one and you have done a great job with the landscape and posings of minifigs!

Thanks dG!